PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bucs beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
careful what you say in this thread. Tread lightly. No criticism allowed.

we’re 1-3 and in a bad spot to miss the playoffs. Mac Jones is very good but didn’t we already know this? Our defense is good but didn’t we already know this??? How bout you take a shot downfield once or twice? How about going for it instead of kicking an impossible field goal?

“you are what your record says you are”
Thank you

I’m well aware of the overzealous moderating

I really like Mac.

The D fell apart again in the 4th. More fumbles. OL sucks. A horrendous call to kick it, but Belichick must have thought Josh was going to dial up a Bolden HB Draw to lose yards. I don't see the moral victory here

Folk said his range was 58 yards in pregame...I'm sure Bill relied on that. And frankly, Folk had the distance but not the accuracy on that one, which is on him.

Brady was kinda azz in this game. Bucs defense and a terrible decision by BB there to ask your hurt kicker to make a 56 yarder in the rain is what did us in. losing to TB hurts and so does 1-3

Even if that field goal was good Brady would have had 55 seconds and two timeouts to win with a field goal. I cannot understand why they attempted that kick. 56 yards in the rain was dumb enough. But even if it was good the Pats likely lose.

What in the F.UCK are some of you so pissed off about? We caught them short handed and took them to the limit. The rookie QB looked phenomenal. Least upsetting regular season loss ever and some of you are acting like the world is ending.
I think they got us short handed as well.

Pats have something with Mac and Meyers. Beside that not much else was good.

Second time in a week the D crumbled and was unable to get a stop. Literally one stop in the last 8 minutes they win the game. D is completely unreliable.

Overall team is just bad. Bad turnovers, undisciplined with constant penalties and quite honestly poorly coached. That decision to try a FG was absurd and there was zero chance that was going in.

Team spent a ton of money in FA and they are one of the worst teams in the NFL record wise. Have to wonder how much more do the Krafts put up with from BB.
We have a different definition of ‘crumbled’. The D didn’t allow a passing TD and allowed less than 20 pts despite a few times they were in tough spots. I thought they played their hearts out vs a high powered passing attack lead by a vet qb.

The RZ offense was not a problem tonight. 2 TD on 3 tries
Disagree. The last drive we scored on clearly needed to be a td instead of a fg considering the clock and that it was Brady we were facing. On the play where Mac tried to throw short across his body for a short pass needed to go in the endzone. That drive was the game imo.

Major Themes: Belichick remains an elite defensive mastermind goat, Brady remains a clutch QB goat, Mac Jones has sky-high franchise QB potential, OLine continues to suck, and the Pats OC remains a fraud.

1. Defense played great. Really stepped up especially the secondary. JC Jackson held his own against Evans. J.Jones was solid. Brady only had a 70 QB rating.

2. Loved Steve Belichick calling the defensive plays and also making wild animal faces on the sidelines. He called a great defensive game. Mad Dog Steve.

3. Mac Jones is the real deal QB as I've been saying for a year. Elite accuracy, touchness, decision making, leadership, he's a legit franchise QB with a ton of potential. Very tough kid.

4. OLine continues to be garbage. Why keep Karras on the bench. Herron and Durant kept swapping at RT in the game, 4th straight week of ineptitude. Fire Cirillo the OLine coach.

5. Both TEs finally got a chance to get some red zone TDs. Only took 4 weeks to figure out.

6. Still disappointing how often the offense was stopped and unable to take advantage of a very bad Bucs secondary. Way too many Pats drives ended in 4th-and-25.

7. This game felt a lot like the 2001 Superbowl where the Pats defense held up its end in stopping the explosive Bucs, but this time around we have a way sh-ttier offensive coordinator. McD is no Charlie Weiss. Last Pats series was 3 straight incomplete spread shotgun passes.

8. A 1-3 record really hurts and the Pats should change the OC next year as well as think about trading some old vets for picks and let younger guys play.
McDaniels called a great game. He designed a lot of quick options for Mac to get the ball out quick.

The use of Meyers was great and gave us some big plays

1.) Mac Jones is for real.

2.) Josh needs to stop trying ot force the run until we have an oline that isn't made of spare parts

3.) I swear to ****ing christ this oline is going to get mac murdered

4.) We still can't stop the run

5.) I'm so sick of listening to chris collinsworth

6.)When did the patriots forget out to tackle people? I mean honestly, I'm watching this ****ing game, and seeing out defenders try and "tackle" people by just shoulder bashing them, it not working, and then watching the bucs runner just keep going.

7.)Steve belichick, if he is the defensive coordinator, needs to go, he's not doing his job in teaching the fundamentals, and its getting us losses. TACKLE PEOPLE. TEACH OUR ****ING LINEMEN AND SAFETY's to use their god damned arms and wrap people up.
You're saying the defense that just held the Bucs to 19 points isn't doing his job?

Even if that field goal was good Brady would have had 55 seconds and two timeouts to win with a field goal. I cannot understand why they attempted that kick. 56 yards in the rain was dumb enough. But even if it was good the Pats likely lose.
2-8 on 3rd down.

Sadly that loss was the best the 2021 team has played as a unit, by miles. In one sense it's real good progress, but Folk in 2021 isn't making that kick in a dome, never mind in the rain.

Run D still bad. OL still can't run block and still gives up free rusher QB kill shots even on short quick passes. But they played like a real unit and the receiving weapons looked way better.

Second time in a week the D crumbled and was unable to get a stop. Literally one stop in the last 8 minutes they win the game. D is completely unreliable.

Overall team is just bad. Bad turnovers, undisciplined with constant penalties and quite honestly poorly coached. That decision to try a FG was absurd and there was zero chance that was going in.

Team spent a ton of money in FA and they are one of the worst teams in the NFL record wise. Have to wonder how much more do the Krafts put up with from BB.
I can’t understand how you could watch that game and walk away saying “team bad! Kraft fire Bill!”

Sad to see, yet again, such a poorly refereed game, especially this one.

Truly makes me less interested every season as the officiating deteriorates.
This is supposed to be one of the top crews, too. We got hosed on that Guy hands to the face call, and there were probably a half dozen holds on Judon that weren’t called. On the flip side, we benefitted on some weak calls on that final drive. Either way though, I expect much better from a top crew. This was a Bogar type effort.

not according to the stats..

To be fair, Tampa was running on fumes. They had almost no secondary at this point, it was worth flirting with.

This last paragraph should get moron of the year award

Mills played a hell of a game, erased Godwin.

Mac is going to be OROY.

This team is only going to get better in time as they continue to gel. Getting Brown back and Gilmore in a few weeks will be big.

We have a different definition of ‘crumbled’. The D didn’t allow a passing TD and allowed less than 20 pts despite a few times they were in tough spots. I thought they played their hearts out vs a high powered passing attack lead by a vet qb.

Team played hard but ultimately the D, for the second week allowed long drives resulting in scores.

Bottom lines is if the D in the 4 is completely unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back