PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again..they were affected by covid, not able to practice and do have some injuries...

Yes Newton wasn't good, but mind you he was not able to practice..oline is dealing w injuries...like pats fans need to chill out...

Don't really have much to say except that the League got the game they wanted. A team that practiced for 2 weeks straight against another one that had 2 practices in the same time with a QB that missed even more before.

Add in key COVID inactives 48h before the game and then an additional injury to RT at the start of the game and you had a total garbage game on your hands.

Kudos to the team to making it close and almost pulling it off at the end. Hard to see how this team will miss the playoffs if they are ever allowed to play at full strength.

Two tough sacks by Cam in an otherwise pretty good game with an amazing hustle to recover a ball that should shut up anyone questioning his drive.
The Titans didn’t practice for two weeks and had no clue who they were playing for a little bit and still tooled the Bills on short notice. Then again, they’re a much more talented team than the Pats are. Speaking of, I think AJ Brown just caught another TD. Did Harry even touch the football today?

The O-Line sucked and that should be the takeaway, but I think even the most positive of the Harry fanboys need to reconsider his draft status. He's a bust by most accounts and we're still waiting for that "breakout" game. At the very least, he can't be getting bumped off routes by smaller CBs or being beat out in targets by Byrd or Zubar
But but but I thought Brady was being too hard on Harry. And that’s why Harry was failing. And Cam knew how to boost Harry’s ego

We lost the game on.the lines. We dont have big playmakers. If we can't run the ball and stop the run, we lose every time.

If the Broncos had a better offense this would gave been a total blowout.

I’m done with “showing heart”. No more moral victories. This was a bad team in our house that we couldn’t move the ball against. This is a seriously flawed team that needs to add a playmaker on offense if we’re going to have a chance at the postseason.
We're 2-3. Not over yet. I had this game marked down as a win and had this team winning like 11 games so I'm not sure if they will reach that.

Can 9 wins get us in?

It has been a long time since a Pats team was dominated like that. Denver even tried to give is the game at the end and we still messed it up. Horrible game from Cam. This offense will struggle anytime they face a good defense.

When was the last time we were 2-3?

Defense looked very good in the second half. Better job vs the run and obviously some clutch plays.

Offense hopefully shows the same urgency against SF that they did for the last 10 minutes

The worst coached game I can remember!

brain farts on not taking the hands to the face and pushing them out of FG range.

not challenging the bad spot.

going for two when there was no reason to do so.

they were blitzing their safeties all game, how can they not throw a single slant!!!

The Pats have Zero talent on offense! Izzo makes two catches and fumbles on both of them. Harry, zero catches, can’t get open.

Denver is a terrible team, and they just handed it to the Pats, they may not win another game.

Offense not good enough to challenge consistently.

I’m done with “showing heart”. No more moral victories. This was a bad team in our house that we couldn’t move the ball against. This is a seriously flawed team that needs to add a playmaker on offense if we’re going to have a chance at the postseason.
Fanboy choices
-Claim moral victory
-Blame refs
-Ask Mom if the meatloaf is ready

The O-Line sucked and that should be the takeaway, but I think even the most positive of the Harry fanboys need to reconsider his draft status. He's a bust by most accounts and we're still waiting for that "breakout" game. At the very least, he can't be getting bumped off routes by smaller CBs or being beat out in targets by Byrd or Zubar

Harry is a Dobson clone. People didn't accept Dobson was a bust until he was out of the NFL. Have to accept the same thing about Harry

Definitely not one of Bill’s better coached games either. Not that he didn’t have them unprepared or anything but just some head scratcher decisions.

This wasn't one of those 'losable' games so it really hurts, we put ourselves in quite the hole now if we're going to make a run at the division or the playoffs. Nice to see the team fight back though.

Cam had a rough game, took some really bad sacks and of course did not make the big throw at the end under pressure. This is my one major concern about Cam early is he's been in a few pretty clutch situations vs Seattle and today and hasn't really inspired confidence ther.e. Takes me back to the SB against Denver, maybe he's just not a very clutch player on this level. Very productive and gifted but makes you wonder if he could ever win the big one.

Overally pretty poor performance. Not practicing definitely hurt, both offense and defense took about 3 quarters to finally start playing. COVID has killed us in the early going.

Onto SF, gotta bounce back there and if we do there's a huge game in Buffalo, win the next 2 and we could still be very much in business. I still feel like we can be a playoff team, very early to hit the panic button.

It was a valid effort but it took some really awful broncos play calling just for us to even have a chance.

Yeah, I'm not going to attribute the game being close in the end to the Patriots "showing heart" or whatever the homers are calling it. The Broncos did everything in their power to keep the Patriots in it and it still wasn't enough.

This was like the playoff loss to the Broncos where we sucked all game until the last 10 minutes.
...except this time we get to play again next week.

The worst coached game I can remember!

brain farts on not taking the hands to the face and pushing them out of FG range.

not challenging the bad spot.

going for two when there was no reason to do so.

they were blitzing their safeties all game, how can they not throw a single slant!!!

The Pats have Zero talent on offense! Izzo makes two catches and fumbles on both of them. Harry, zero catches, can’t get open.

Denver is a terrible team, and they just handed it to the Pats, they may not win another game.
If they saw enough with Sanu to get rid, what are they seeing from Harry in practices? Dude is not an NFL WRs period. It is disgusting how defenders just crowd the LOS against us. WTF BB? Is this the plan? I understand they did not practice, but one on one is just mano a mano and these WRs could not do jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down