PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not personal. I made that much abundantly clear. I didn't say anything about you as a person, like youre pathetic lol, bc I don't know you like that. I don't think you're a good mod or poster. Many long time, good posters agree. So again it's not personal at all.

Everyone has their favorites here. Let's not pretend all posters are created equal. Don't understand why it bothers some when you speak on it.

I'm sure there are some that think I suck as a poster.

I'd like to take this time to apologize ...
Conor Mcgregor Mma GIF by UFC
Pathetic.

I think it was more about Patricia is finally learning how to call an offense. The biggest difference yesterday was the offensive play calling wasn't so gosh darn predictable and there were new wrinkles that we haven't seen all year. And they ran a lot more play action with Jones under center.

From Evan Lazar:

2. Kudos to Matt Patricia for a Good Week 18 Script, But Changes Need to be Made Still
The Patriots experiment with the offensive coaching staff fell flat, and one game where they had a few creative designs and better first-half production doesn't change the big picture. Props to Patricia for coming up with a few good play calls, including a third-down play-action wrinkle where Jakobi Meyers motioned into the backfield and then released into the flat. Parker's red zone touchdown was well-designed to use Marcus Jones as a decoy on a boomerang motion.

New England's unofficial offensive play-caller finally dialed up some play-action, and the Patriots had good results. Who would've thought? It's not like we've been calling for motion and play-action all season. It's too little too late for Patricia, who can be a valuable asset but isn't the guy to run this offense or develop Mac Jones in the long term.

Yes, they were less conservative, took more risks, allowed more vertical passes. Yet, like the first 3 games of the season, it resulted in 3 TOs wiping out the 3 TOs gained by our own units. It is what it is.

Like I already know I'm probably not considered a big poster here nor have I earned any respect for having 90000 IQ football opinions but I don't understand the attack on the moderation here. I'm not here to be a self proclaimed "good poster". I'm just here to talk about Patriots football. Can the moderation be better? Sure but that's true about anything since no human being is perfect. Some people are a bit to emotionally attached to this place.

Yes, they were less conservative, took more risks, allowed more vertical passes. Yet, like the first 3 games of the season, it resulted in 3 TOs wiping out the 3 TOs gained by our own units. It is what it is.

I think the general consensus on this board that at least two of those TOs were not on Jones if that is what you are getting at. Unfortunately, our special teams gave up two TDs that forced the Pats to get risky and careless towards the end of the game on offense.

This should be the major red flag about Mac. When they've tried to open up the offense, Mac has made way too many mistakes. He has the markings of a game manager who will keep this team hoovering around .500 unless they exceptionally improve the talent and coaching around him. Mac has 1 comeback and 1 game-winning drive to his credit thus far (against the 4-13 Texans last season). Just as a counterexample, rookie Kenny Pickett had 3 comebacks and 4 game-winning drives in 12 starts this season. Brady had 5 game-winning drives for the 8-win Bucs. Mac isn't a quarterback who can elevate his play in critical moments. That's going to be a major problem in a conference with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson and Watson. Add Tua if he's healthy. Lawrence next. Then maybe Pickett.

Like I already know I'm probably not considered a big poster here nor have I earned any respect for having 90000 IQ football opinions but I don't understand the attack on the moderation here. I'm not here to be a self proclaimed "good poster". I'm just here to talk about Patriots football. Can the moderation be better? Sure but that's true about anything since no human being is perfect. Some people are a bit to emotionally attached to this place.
Said mods spent a lot of time deleting/banning posts they don't like personally (team criticism should not be a bannable reason) instead of executing their role objectively.

That breeds resentment as nobody comes on an internet forum to be censored or lectured. Hence the massive backlash.

That said it has gone a little over the top when said mods are now getting personal attacks.

I got bigger problems than "board moderation blues"....I got...

That said it has gone a little over the top when said mods are now getting personal attacks.
There is ZERO reason to attack Ash or any mod personally. If she feels it was personal, we need to take her at her word.

This should be the major red flag about Mac. When they've tried to open up the offense, Mac has made way too many mistakes. He has the markings of a game manager who will keep this team hoovering around .500 unless they exceptionally improve the talent and coaching around him. Mac has 1 comeback and 1 game-winning drive to his credit thus far (against the 4-13 Texans last season). Just as a counterexample, rookie Kenny Pickett had 3 comebacks and 4 game-winning drives in 12 starts this season. Brady had 5 game-winning drives for the 8-win Bucs. Mac isn't a quarterback who can elevate his play in critical moments. That's going to be a major problem in a conference with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson and Watson. Add Tua if he's healthy. Lawrence next. Then maybe Pickett.
Is it Mac's fault that his RBs like to fumble the ball away during critical late game moments(negating at least 2 GWD attempts in the past 2 seasons)?

Someones don't sound happy.

All the blame on Mac but he was amazing in the first half. We lost by 12 with 14 given up by special teams. So we probably win if we don't give up two kick returns.

Pur judge at special teams, Patricia to Ernie Adams role and hire o'brien and get an elite receiver
Amazing? He scored 2tds.... Would he be godly if he scored 4?

With a couple of better plays they win the Bengals and Raiders game, which would have made them a 10 win team.
You can probably look at a few games they should have lost as well.

Every team in the NFL has games like that.

Off top of my head, I remember thinking that we were lucky to beat Pittsburgh. Can't remember specifics as it was months ago, but remember feeling that way.

I think BGC is one of the most valuable posters on this site. His detailed work in the draft form is much appreciated as I don’t follow college football closely and like to get info on the potential draft picks. He puts a ton of effort into his write ups and rankings. From there it makes it easier to look at YouTube clips and online rankings to help form my own opinion.
I know you are trying to defend/justify his purpose here. That is fine.

The issue is not the value to this forum as an information aggregator/disseminator and knowledge. He's proven that.

It's how he treats people is the issue. Maybe someday he'll figure it out.

And calling a woman emotional is typical incel speak. Look. Women aren't always right and you can disagree with them but the word "emotional" was definitely personal and was used because she's a woman.
That's not how I meant it, for one. I called myself emotional too and I'm not much of a woman.

But I hear what you're saying. It does sound patronizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots