PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated Romo saying on the telecast multiple times that Mac has finally learned the new system these last 2 weeks and that's why it's better.
That's so stupid. It's not like the offensive system was so complex or dynamic that he needed to "figure it out". He had "figured out" JMD's system by the end of training camp last year and did much better all last season.

I think it was more about Patricia is finally learning how to call an offense. The biggest difference yesterday was the offensive play calling wasn't so gosh darn predictable and there were new wrinkles that we haven't seen all year. And they ran a lot more play action with Jones under center.

From Evan Lazar:

2. Kudos to Matt Patricia for a Good Week 18 Script, But Changes Need to be Made Still
The Patriots experiment with the offensive coaching staff fell flat, and one game where they had a few creative designs and better first-half production doesn't change the big picture. Props to Patricia for coming up with a few good play calls, including a third-down play-action wrinkle where Jakobi Meyers motioned into the backfield and then released into the flat. Parker's red zone touchdown was well-designed to use Marcus Jones as a decoy on a boomerang motion.

New England's unofficial offensive play-caller finally dialed up some play-action, and the Patriots had good results. Who would've thought? It's not like we've been calling for motion and play-action all season. It's too little too late for Patricia, who can be a valuable asset but isn't the guy to run this offense or develop Mac Jones in the long term.

This is a good example of the low effort posting we don’t want.
Why not though? A lot of people say a lot of things a lot of others don't agree with - whether dumb or not. Judging other people's posts instead of just disagreeing or ignoring them is not healthy for this place.

When you have a lot of people in one place, who are clearly passionate about the team, a team that is not doing well for years especially after several high profile questionable decisions, it is very much natural to become negative. I still don't understand why people can't just ignore what they don't like.

Heck - we used to have a lot of negative posting even when we were playing in the SB every other year - that's just part of being a fan. People got called out or ignored but never policed.

Last edited:

I really don't like it when he makes these comments, where he puts the blame all on himself, when clearly it's not. They just come off as not genuine and he's only saying what others expect him to say. That's not leadership IMO.

Last edited:
I didn't say they were. But going both ways? Can you think of a single game this season where the refs completely botched a call in our favor at the end of the game that directly affected the outcome that resulted in us winning a close game?

Me either.
Refs don't botch calls that completely sway a game very often that's why.

Bad calls go both ways. I hear fans of every single team in the NFL ***** and moan about the refs, they all think they're hard done by. Refs are human and will miss the odd call, **** happens.

Interesting why Block Caley in the the first BB looking very shaky here.
Landing Taking Off GIF
agreed

Team was an OC and ST coordinator from being a surefire 11 or 12 win team.
You know how many teams won 11 games this year? 7 teams, that's it. The only teams in AFC to win at least 11 games were Buffalo, KC and the Bengals.

Are you saying with an upgrade at OC and ST coordinator, this is a top 8 team in the NFL?

I have a feeling you're trolling and I bit...

Notice how most of the passes (except for the last two) had Jones under center and they were all play action except for one which was still a quazi-play action since Harris still ran by him as if he was going to get the ball? Where was that all year?

I agree with most of what you say but the personal insults can be left off the board, if you disagree state your case but don't take the opportunity to level a personal attack on someone's intelligence, football IQ etc.
I agree. I'm guilty of going strong after certain posters. I've been banned from threads for doing it, deservedly so. But that's already in the rules. So is trolling. Yet the rules aren't equally enforced. There are posters that constantly insult other members and get a pass. There are posters that never insult members and get tossed. There are trolls that are praised and non-trolls that get labeled as such and banned. It's a mess. Nobody can possibly know where they stand. It's all over the place.

Thanks for taking the time and writing this post. I won't bore everyone on here with explanations of the above but welcome you or anyone to PM me. I respond to every pm post.

Just two quick points: I do ban posters from the GDT and the PGDT...typically only those that are negative and are fans of other teams. The one's that never post a positive remark, you know who they are. I get Pm'd from posters who don't want to be in the GDT anymore because of the constant negativity and I'm trying to avoid having the GDT turn into a clown show.

Second point- you brought up a poster @Patjew . I've never called him a troll or had a bad word about him. Evidently, he thinks I'm not a good moderator, which is fine, but I know the good posters from the posters who troll and all that I'm trying to do is make this place better.

I love it here, I've met some great people and have become friends with them. Just a great place. Too many posters are thin skinned and can't take being called out.

So with that said, let's hope for a great off season!!!!!!!!! I have a feeling 2023 is going to be an amazing year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash

Not to jump into this, but I do want to say you, Ian, and all the other moderators have a thankless job. Moderating is a tough thing to do. When you are doing so for abusive behavior or bad language or something that violates the terms of service, that is the easy part. When you gotta make judgement calls based on content, it is far tougher. When do you decide someone has stepped over the line in derailing threads? That is something I am glad I don't have to make that call.

I know Ian would never make a moderator because I do get into heated arguments. But I am glad there are people who can stay fairly neutral like you and Ross to keep the board from devolving.

I go on other boards where there is more controversial topics than the Patriots and football that can get brutal. So I do appreciate how well all you moderators keep the boards.

As for this specific situation, I will not get involved because it ain't my fight.

You know how many teams won 11 games this year? 7 teams, that's it. The only teams in AFC to win at least 11 games were Buffalo, KC and the Bengals.

Are you saying with an upgrade at OC and ST coordinator, this is a top 8 team in the NFL?

They won 8. If you don't think Patricia cost us 3 games then you don't really think he was that bad. I happen to think he was extremely unqualified and over his head and that the difference between him and a good OC is indeed about 3 games.

Our defense was absolutely legit this season.

Notice how most of the passes (except for the last two) had Jones under center and they were all play action except for one which was still a quazi-play action since Harris still ran by him as if he was going to get the ball? Where was that all year?
Not trying to make excuses but i think the oline consistency with mcdermott improved a lot in the last few weeks. its hard to compare with what we had with wynn and co. Helps in the QB's confidence and also playcalling.

With a couple of better plays they win the Bengals and Raiders game, which would have made them a 10 win team.

Refs don't botch calls that completely sway a game very often that's why.

Bad calls go both ways. I hear fans of every single team in the NFL ***** and moan about the refs, they all think they're hard done by. Refs are human and will miss the odd call, **** happens.
Shouldn't happen when it goes to review and the players foot is clearly out of bounds, player clearly caught the ball with the football breaking the goalline. I don't ***** about bad calls much. Only when it's agregious and this two were agregious.

I get it you are clearly above this. Those calls played a vital role in us losing two games. We were not the recipient of two blatantly wrong calls that went to review late in the game that played a direct role in us winning a game.

With a couple of better plays they win the Bengals and Raiders game, which would have made them a 10 win team.
I agree that their record could have been better. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, the team was not good enough to compete in the playoffs. Probably better to move on to next season now.

They won 8. If you don't think Patricia cost us 3 games then you don't really think he was that bad. I happen to think he was extremely unqualified and over his head and that the difference between him and a good OC is indeed about 3 games.

Our defense was absolutely legit this season.
I am not sure where exactly to place blame, but they definitely choked away a few games this year that should have been won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots