PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, to attack me for no reason, I never said one thing to him or about him...shows the man @BaconGrundleCandy really is which is pathetic.
He said i'm a lousy poster as well. Whatever. He got all bent out of shape b/c I called him out on how off he was on his player evals. That makes him an awful poster as he's 98 % wrong. That was his response. LOL.

Some men's ego is based on their self-proclaimed intelligence and knowledge. They use this place as a way of self-affirmation when at their core they are insecure with their lot in life.

Deus is the same way.

Games like today are why Belichick wants to be able to challenge penalties (or lack of penalties).

Hah... challenges go to the New York review office, which is staffed with Jets & Giants fans. After the reviews calls we've seen against the Patriots this year and given how everyone except Patriots fans wanted Buffalo to win yesterday, you honestly think they would have upheld any penalty challenges?? No way.

They aren't in similar situations at all. We'd be absolutely thrilled if Mac in year three put together the season Lawrence just had in his second year. Mac goes into 2023 with questions over his viability as a long term starter, Lawrence goes into 2023 with the expectation he could make the jump into the Jackson/Herbert/Burrow tier of AFC QBs (the best players at the position below Allen and Mahomes). They're in wildly different spots.
Yes Lawrence had a good year this year so it looks better than Mac having his good year and then regressing year 2. The rule of thumb is that it takes 3 years for a QB to establish their level, see Josh Allen. If Mac has another bad year next year with decent weapons and solid coaching it is time to move on.

I think we need the elite WR. Mac might not be elite, but that throw was elite.
Agreed. I think Mac is adequate. Bill will need to surround him with at least one elite weapon. Could be TE or WR.
It's easier to draft elite wr than finding a QB unicorn. I say just get two elite wide receivers every 2 years in draft and find middling tackles with decent depth.

With a 17 game season there is going to be heavy attrition on tackles . So better to get a deep above average OLine .

Give 2 years for wide receivers to develop . If they dont perform in 2 years move on. Sunk cost applies here .. for e feeding to Harry and wasting 3 years . Force feeding to agholor and wasting 2 years . We could have had Nixon take his reps and emerge a decent slot option for us .
Two elite WRs every two years.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

That's a big ask. I think if you get an elite WR every 10-15 years you're doing something right. The problem I see is that those elite WRs eat up cap space, so your depth drops off dramatically when guys get hurt.

He said i'm a lousy poster as well. Whatever. He got all bent out of shape b/c I called him out on how off he was on his player evals. That makes him an awful poster as he's 98 % wrong. That was his response. LOL.

Some men's ego is based on their self-proclaimed intelligence and knowledge. They use this place as a way of self-affirmation when at their core they are insecure with their lot in life.

Deus is the same way.

You would think people who are supposedly really smart at football would be scouting or in a FO somewhere...

Yes Lawrence had a good year this year so it looks better than Mac having his good year and then regressing year 2. The rule of thumb is that it takes 3 years for a QB to establish their level, see Josh Allen. If Mac has another bad year next year with decent weapons and solid coaching it is time to move on.
Lawrence's good year was significantly better than Mac's good year, though. Lawrence is 8th in ANY/A, 9th in passer rating, 7th in DYAR, 10th in DVOA. He was a legit, no questions asked top 10 QB per snap on the 7th most attempts in football. It's not comparable to Mac's 2021.

Agreed, last year the situation was reversed. We will find out if Mac can apply his lessons learned this year to his relative success as a rookie to become a reliable QB1.
Last year, a lot of the same issues with the offense/Mac existed though, they were just covered up by a lot of beatdowns of bad opponents, which this team could not do. Lawrence has won shootouts multiple times this year, something that Mac hasnt proven he could do yet

Deus is the same way.
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

News flash noodle arm sucks can't win when it really counts with him. We'll see what BB do I'm hoping for new QB if Zappe ain't the answer year.
Yeah this loss was all Mac's fault. What was he thinking giving up 2 kick returns?

You would think people who are supposedly really smart at football would be scouting or in a FO somewhere...
There is no question he knows more about football than I do. Lots of people on this board do. That's why I come here.

The problem I have with him is he a) lets you know it and b) makes sure you know he does.

Hes a working stiff just like the rest of us but thinks hes better because he watches youtubes and reads The Ringer more.

Yeah this loss was all Mac's fault. What was he thinking giving up 2 kick returns?
Well, I mean, he did throw 3 picks in the second half (not all his fault but he is the one that threw those balls).

Lawrence's good year was significantly better than Mac's good year, though. Lawrence is 8th in ANY/A, 9th in passer rating, 7th in DYAR, 10th in DVOA. He was a legit, no questions asked top 10 QB per snap on the 7th most attempts in football. It's not comparable to Mac's 2021.
The comparison is based on draft year and the time it takes to develop into a reliable QB. Clearly Lawrence is the better candidate as evidenced by his draft position. He is more likely to establish himself than Mac in year 3.

Felt like Mac turned a corner last 5-6 games. Fix the line , get some help at OL and this is a competitive team

didn’t feel like OC was biggest problem by end of season

There is no question he knows more about football than I do. Lots of people on this board do. That's why I come here.

The problem I have with him is he a) lets you know it and b) makes sure you know he does.

Hes a working stiff just like the rest of us but thinks hes better because he watches youtubes and reads The Ringer more.

At the end of the day we are all amateurs around here. Some are more proficient in this area than others but are amateurs nonetheless. I'm sure real football people in the NFL would laugh at some of BGC's analysis just like he laughs at others on this board.

Two elite WRs every two years.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

That's a big ask. I think if you get an elite WR every 10-15 years you're doing something right. The problem I see is that those elite WRs eat up cap space, so your depth drops off dramatically when guys get hurt.
I meant In The draft . I.e. use high picks 2 on wide receivers every year hoping to hit 2 who can be available for a 2-3 year tandem and then sign one while follow the same draft philosophy so that we can also get our Higgins - chase combo . We can't sign two stud wide receivers because of cost . I get that. Hence high picks should be used on wide receivers where the success rate of top 20 picks is relatively higher than a QB or other position and they tend to contribute more as rookies.

OTs take a year or two to develop. So not sure if first round is the way to go . Wynn and strange leave a lot to be desired.

All the blame on Mac but he was amazing in the first half. We lost by 12 with 14 given up by special teams. So we probably win if we don't give up two kick returns.

Pur judge at special teams, Patricia to Ernie Adams role and hire o'brien and get an elite receiver

We lost by 12 with 14 given up by special teams. So we probably win if we don't give up two kick returns.
That’s assuming the Bills would have scored 0 points on those drives. They could have scored 2 TD on those drives and it would have been the same. We will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST