PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

The Pats were never really in this game. They did not force a single punt. The Bills executed the Eagles game plan against the bend don’t break, they just kept going for it in 4th down.

Mac has folded up the last two weeks, he isn5 scaring anyone. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pats face loaded boxes from here on out.

Then why do they keep trying idiotic shootout formations. With Agholor out should have played a lot of Jonnu, Bourne, and Onwenu in big personnel. Not force it to NKeal Crappy 6 times today.

Because the D couldn’t keep the game close. This is what the Brady led teams did to so many teams over the years doing things they didn’t want to do.

Mac Jones looked like the rookie he is. Plus that fact that Hunter Henry was clueless on the field, NKeal does not seem he expects the ball, Jonn is useless.. (Nelson is not better even when he is healthy)..

2022 the offense needs better receivers, aka: #1 as the very least....

Hunter Henry looks like he's on paternity leave...

I think most of us would have taken a split with the Bills this year. Not ideal though getting completely outplayed today and last week.

2 December losses in a row, yea not appropriate to be looking at glass half full. Old Pats teams used to get better over time. This is like 2019, fade as the season goes on and they get exposed. BB needs to upgrade his staff particularly on offense, and pay $$$ to keep JC Jackson.

I was hoping to see some kind of gun-slinging come from behind win today, or last week... but Mac is a rookie.
Even though we're all buying the idea that he's like Brady, so he should live up to expectations immediately - he's just not there yet.
But it's not all on Mac. The protection hasn't been great, and WR's not winning enough, and where the hell were the TE's??
They should have gone into hurry up late 2nd quarter, or change things up some how. They started creative, with Gunner's jet sweep, and then sink into obvious play calls and rhythm. No urgency or down-field threats until late 4th qtr. I hate it.

AFCE is out of reach now, IMO, BUF would have to collapse.

Question is can we get our act together in time to beat JAX (probably) and MIA (who knows?).

I'm not hot on this team right now, but I'd say collapse is an overstatement.

All they would need to do is lose one of their last two (against the mediocre Falcons or terrible Jets) while we win our last two (against the terrible Jaguars and mediocre Dolphins).

The chances of then losing is low, but hey, they did lose to the Jags...

2 December losses in a row, yea not appropriate to be looking at glass half full. Old Pats teams used to get better over time. This is like 2019, fade as the season goes on and they get exposed. BB needs to upgrade his staff particularly on offense, and pay $$$ to keep JC Jackson.
Bill is 3-5 at home. First time he has had a losing record at home since 2000. I agree they need upgrades at the skill spots but we say that every year.

I think most of us would have taken a split with the Bills this year. Not ideal though getting completely outplayed today and last week.
I think most of us were looking at this as an eight or nine win team. Win at JAX and hey, we're a ten win team, and almost certainly a WC spot. I get it, we had a window where we looked pretty good, but it's a long season. This was the game to win if we really wanted to blow past expectations, but...

I think he had to take his knee brace off after the dirty out of bounds hit, I wonder if that affected him at all. I also wonder if he might just be hitting the rookie wall as far as endurance. Not physically ready for a full NFL season (which is now 1 game longer) yet. Maybe.
That was the one thing I was concerned about with him starting this season - if his body was physically ready for an NFL season. Interesting if that’s ultimately is what’s happening. 13 games last year versus 15 now plus 4 preseason. That’s a big jump. He needs a huge offseason like Brady had after 2000 to really build an NFL QB body and hopefully get a bit more arm strength. The experience he’s gained this season and his showing he can play in the NFL should only help, so hopefully he’ll be able to put it all together.

I’ll admit too, I got so used to the Patriots being so consistently good for so long, that re-building or improving on the fly looks completely foreign to me. I have to change my mindset that they’re still a work in progress. If you told a Cleveland Browns fan, you can win the Super Bowl, but be a non-playoff team for 10 straight years, which would most of them choose? We won it 6 times!! That’s out-of-this-world incredible!! I’m ok if it’s a bit of a struggle for awhile

I think most of us were looking at this as an eight or nine win team. Win at JAX and hey, we're a ten win team, and almost certainly a WC spot. I get it, we had a window where we looked pretty good, but it's a long season. This was the game to win if we really wanted to blow past expectations, but...

Yay. I guess well said as long as we accept this isn't a contender. I thought the team was but always had doubts about the staff. All these ups and downs, it's way too much like the crappy 2005-2006 seasons which makes sense since it's the same oc.

Other than Harris the whole team just sucked,Mac had a good 4th quarter last week but other than that he's been terrible the last 2 games
The defense has been awful its probably best to not make the playoffs to get the higher draft pick,minor rebuild in the off season

Bills came out aggressive and playing like their season was on the line. I thought it took a while for the Pats to match that. Pats made more mistakes, and also didn't get any help from the officials. Regardless of the score, the NFL refereeing gets worse every week.

Also thought Daboll called a very good game, and Allen was fantastic. D needs to bring their A game to stop that.

Fortunately their record is about where I thought they would be. Unfortunately they seem to be sliding a little at the wrong time.

Still a lot of football left.....
Its been getting worse since godell became commish, i honestly believe that the front office in NY wants certain matchups, matchups that would bring in the most money for the owners. The pats have been winning for twenty years, the sporting public is sick of them. I can see NY trying to slant a game in the direction of one team or the other, like reffs in basketball. All the front office would have to do is tell a crew that to call a game tighter against one team or another

FF5F93E4-7D01-49F5-85EB-8FA204B49784.jpeg

@TheRainMaker Im sorry I didn’t see this post until now (that’s why I didn’t respond earlier). I wasn’t ignoring you.

I don’t want to rub any salt in any wounds so I don’t want to post much and unintentionally bother anyone. All I’ll say is that this is the game I expected - I said I expected the Bills to win by 10+ points because I felt very confident when I considered that it took a dropped TD, 5 dropped passes, an unforced fumble, a missed PI, a missed field goal, and hurricane winds during the first matchup for the Patriots to only win by 4 points.

I just didn’t see all those circumstances happening again, so I was confident. Plus, Josh Allen is so darn good and QB play is so important in this league.

Good game everyone. God Bless.

View attachment 39191

@TheRainMaker Im sorry I didn’t see this post until now (that’s why I didn’t respond earlier). I wasn’t ignoring you.

I don’t want to rub any salt in any wounds so I don’t want to post much and unintentionally bother anyone. All I’ll say is that this is the game I expected - I said I expected the Bills to win by 10+ points because I felt very confident when I considered that it took a dropped TD, 5 dropped passes, an unforced fumble, a missed PI, a missed field goal, and hurricane winds during the first matchup for the Patriots to only win by 4 points.

I just didn’t see all those circumstances happening again, so I was confident. Plus, Josh Allen is so darn good and QB play is so important in this league.

Good game everyone. God Bless.
No worries. Congrats on the win. I talked sh*t after the Pats won saying Bills would get a beat down at Gillette, but the opposite happened.

I cheer for the Vancouver Canucks in hockey, 0 Stanley Cups in 50+ years, two game 7 finals losses (I’m sure all you Bruins fans remember 2011, Canucks up 2-0…Bruins win 4 of 5) That’s real pain. What the Pats are experiencing has NOTHING on that, I’m sure all you Red Sox fans remember 1918-2003

Did Bourne practice this week? He was non existent the first half

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back