PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bengals beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

And no - just to be clear - last I checked, no one is threatening you. Although right now, I'm sort of asking the same thing to myself as your username, but that's another story.
Move along..please

Move along..please
Johnny Depp Salute GIF

I've been there...just let it go.
You can be mad at me...look.

This is way more entertaining than the GT debates about Mac's performance and probably as productive.

What’s up with Pats players wearing different socks? Some wear all white, some wear the actual pattern then you Rham wearing the pattern used with the grey paints.

No one is mad at you. I'm a little confused, but other than that, you're good.
I'm ALL Pats, I've been watching since...75 maybe? Not sure what year. I've been here a A long time.
I've seen ugliest, it was bad...Rod Rust and Mcpherson...
How many here experienced THAT?

SOME Folks are pissed at me... I'm sorry guys...

I'm ALL Pats, I've been watching since...75 maybe? Not sure what year. I've been here a A long time.

Again, you're good. I go back to the late 80s and early 90s, so I've experienced a little misery. Not as much as some of the long-time people, but enough where I know things could definitely be worse. ;)

You are passionate (to say the least) about the Patriots. That is a good thing. You have nothing to apologize for.

I think you misunderstood Ian though. It seemed he was trying to be helpful.

Anyway, 1981 is the first season I really remember. 1981! One of the worst teams ever, yet I became a lifer.

I screwed up on the first play. Yes, it was the TEs that screwed that one up.

The second play was appears checked to a quick screen, when no one was ready for it, Jones checked down. Not sure you can completely blame Jones for not waiting for Meyers to get open. From the look of the presnap, Jones saw Meyers uncovered and checked into a quick screen to him because the safety was playing the down marker rather than Meyers. So it looks like Meyers deserves a share of the blame here for not being alert and listening for the play change.
That play all around looked like a disaster, even if Meyers does what you think he should've done. The way Mac was complaining afterwards (watching the replay), it didn't look like it was directed to Meyers, but we'll never know, I guess

The Bengals could get the 2 seed if they beat Buffalo this week. And if the Pats somehow manage to get the 7 seed, then it'll be a rematch of this past week's game. I'm sure the Bengals felt the Pats played them much too close to their liking. An upset of the defending AFC Champs would be unreal.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Questionable, borderline judgement calls by the officials have nothing to do with this team's results this season.

I'm not saying they have, but It still looked like forward progress was stopped, and the runner was in the grasp and going backward, so...?

You are passionate (to say the least) about the Patriots. That is a good thing. You have nothing to apologize for.

I think you misunderstood Ian though. It seemed he was trying to be helpful.

Anyway, 1981 is the first season I really remember. 1981! One of the worst teams ever, yet I became a lifer.
I'm NOT trying to be mean or resentful.
I was watching Rod/mac...it was HORRENDOUS, So when folks ask for Bills head?
Nah, at least I KNOW he's trying.

Ian should know I'd never screw him, I'll piss him off, but not be REALLY Stupid.... maybe he doesn't see that, geez, I dunno.
It's not my bag guys, WE ARE TEAM!

Reactions: Ian

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST