PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judon is the best player on that team in my opinion
We need better d line and linebacker play.
Bradley Chubb and or Brian Burns would turn that around in an instant.
Yes I would sacrifice the next 2 drafts to bring them both on.

Again, I am not defending Jones. Jones may not be the answer. He just has a higher ceiling than Zappe. At this rate neither guy will be a starting QB come next year.
I don't know if you're right or if you're wrong, I'm just baffled by how you determined this from watching Zappe play less than a handful of games, after being thrown in cold?

"I talked to the quarterbacks, talked to the leaders of the team. Everybody knew what the plan was," Belichick said on The Greg Hill Show on WEEI. "I mean, not every single person, obviously. I wouldn't talk to every person about another player's role in the game. That's just ... like, they all have their jobs to do. But there was no lack of communication." - BB on the "plan" to play Mac and Zappe.

That's hilarious. If you buy the "plan" narrative, I've got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

But, guys, I thought that all the speed at linebacker was going to make them better against the run this year...

Whoops. Turns out you need talent outside of raw speed. They still have no answers for mobile QB's which is what ultimately killed them last year. I know people are salivating over this years draft and it was good but they did nothing to beef up their run D (specifically against running QB's) and that was on display last night.
Problem was they just had slow LBs playing the majority of the snaps.

bentley 4.75 90%
Tavai 4.86 69% !!! ugh that's slow
Judon 4.73 - not applicable
Jennings prob 4.78? 49%
Collins 4.64 31% - getting old though
McMill 4.61 15%
MWilson 4.71 14%

I would've loved a Troy Andersen size of combo and speed type for games like this, but I guess we'll see next year in the draft.

"I talked to the quarterbacks, talked to the leaders of the team. Everybody knew what the plan was," Belichick said on The Greg Hill Show on WEEI. "I mean, not every single person, obviously. I wouldn't talk to every person about another player's role in the game. That's just ... like, they all have their jobs to do. But there was no lack of communication." - BB on the "plan" to play Mac and Zappe.

That's hilarious. If you buy the "plan" narrative, I've got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

OK, but you think he'd outright lie when most of the coaches and many of the players would know that he's doing it? I'd like to think he's got some concern about his credibility inside the offices and locker room. But maybe I'm naive about that.

OK, but you think he'd outright lie when most of the coaches and many of the players would know that he's doing it? I'd like to think he's got some concern about his credibility inside the offices and locker room. But maybe I'm naive about that.
I think BB lies when he talks to the media, yes. Not all the time but most of it.

Ugh. No other way to describe it. I'm not even sure where we go from here. Mac still looks bad and now it's apparent that the way to stop Zappe is to get your hands up and knock down his passes. And what happened to the run D. Ugh...

There
There were also reports before the game that he was going to play both QBs. I doubt he went up to each player and said Mac's going to play for this many snaps and Zappe for that many. But I bet they knew the plan was to play both in some capacity.

Zap flunked the adversity test.

This was the game vs a good defense and with the Pat's down by 2 scores. Heh as to be more cognizant of batted balls at the LOS.
Zappe came in with the team down by two scores and got them the lead (14-10). Then the Pats D allowed this in the next 5 drives (23 pts):
TD
FG
FG
FG
TD
Game Over.

Zappe came in with the team down by two scores and got them the lead (14-10). Then the Pats D allowed this in the next 5 drives (23 pts):
TD
FG
FG
FG
TD
Game Over.
I agree, the defense was an embarrassment, but Zappe did start both drives in Bears territory, had one bad throw to Meyers in which he was 25 yards open for a TD and then did nothing the rest of the game, including a few interceptions. Not saying Mac looked good at all, but just wanted to point those few facts out on Zappe.

Wow. You're very emotional this morning. Nobody is saying Mac is trash, but you do you.

Don't twist my words. I said if Jones doesn't get out of the funk he was in last night, he is trash. I didn't say he is trash.

And I bet a lot of people will agree with me on that. He was indecisive and afraid to throw the ball. He isn't a QB who can rush on a lot of downs every game because he isn't confident enough to throw it.

I don't know if you're right or if you're wrong, I'm just baffled by how you determined this from watching Zappe play less than a handful of games, after being thrown in cold?

The thing is Zappe came into the game hot and then fell apart. And he got a lot of first team reps all week. If his issue was that he was thrown in cold, he would have sucked out of the gate and got better as the game went along.

Are we really trying to argue Zappe had an equally bad game as Jones?

He came in under less than ideal circumstances and out-produced Jones. They each had one bad INT (Zappe’s other INT was a tip at the LOS that’s hard to put entirely on him).

Neither QB played well but Zappe outplayed Jones by any objective and subjective measure. Whether Jones would’ve turned it around had he played more, who knows, but BB ultimately chose to not play him after the first three series.

The thing is Zappe came into the game hot and then fell apart. And he got a lot of first team reps all week. If his issue was that he was thrown in cold, he would have sucked out of the gate and got better as the game went along.

Zappe struggled. He did not “fall apart”.

He sounds defensive. Even if that is all true, it doesn't make sense. Mac received the "bulk" of the reps on Saturday, yet he's yanked after three drives? This sharing of the QB reps during the practice is just weird. Are we now like the Saints swapping Winston with Hill or when Raiders did it w/ Carr & Mariota?

This is just so un-Belichick. WTF is going on?

Zappe struggled. He did not “fall apart”.

His last two drives ended with interceptions. He had a tipped ball at the line on each of his last four drives. That is falling apart in my book.

if Mac ended his night like that, I am guessing that is how you would describe how his night.

With all the attention going to the quarterbacks (somewhat deservedly), it's being overlooked perhaps just how bad the defense played against a very subpar Bears offense with a bad quarterback. 33 points (which could have been worse) and nearly 400 yards. 11-18 on 3rd downs. Fields is such a limited passer, there's really no excuse for allowing 243 rushing yards when you know its coming like that.

Not forgetting about the special teams either... I think they legitimately got beat on every single ST play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3