PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots are now officially a dumpster fire and irrelevant on the NFL landscape it was one thing to be destroyed by the top teams in the NFL like Buffalo but still be a respectable playoff contender but when you're getting blown out at home by the 2-4 Bears then you have a major problem especially with the questions at quarterback.

Zappe's flaw i did not see.

Well, I mean, he pulled Mac and gave the fans what they wanted and it wasn’t beautiful over the long term. So if Mac can suck it up and get back at it next week…

Can't think of any positives other than Judon. Just an awful night but it's just one game. Still a long season ahead to hopefully turn things around.

Onto the Jets. The next 3 are must wins looking at the schedule down the stretch, tonight just made that margin of error paper thin.

Recent teams have no heart and mediocre talent, recipe for disaster.
We just aren't the dynasty anymore. Occasionally we will blow out a bad team like we did during our dynasty years and we might make the wildcard here and there, but this Belichick led Patriots team is not the same team.

The coaching was truly atrocious. The defense was equally bad. BB had a bad week.

Zappe didn't cover himself in glory but he's the guy I want moving forward (and based on how that game finished, I sense that will be the case).

It seems to me Zappe's issue (primarily getting the ball across the LOS on the shorter stuff) is easier to work with/around than Jones' issues, which seem to be rooted in an inability to really feel the pocket and see the field simultaneously.

Play-calls, route-combinations, blocking techniques, little movements in the pocket to create lanes, etc can all help Zappe. If Jones can't consistently feel the pocket and see the field, I don't know how you work around that.

Zappe also has the ability to fit the ball into tight windows that Jones just doesn't.

Last edited:
I wonder how much the crazy up and down emotion/energy swings of switching QBs affected everything..

Worked initially but the momentum never came back after the D decided to make Fields look like the GOAT.

I agree with people saying they need to pick a QB and stick with it. If Zappe is calmer and playing better than Mac then he needs all of the reps.

Nothing to say that hasn't been said....We're on to the Jets !

The Pats were putrid in all three phases of the game. We had games like this with Brady and many times it sparked the team to go on a big run. I am not as hopeful right now, but maybe it will be a wake up call.

I am worried the Bears have exposed the weakness in Zappe’s game and just have front four stay in the passing lanes and get their hands up. And Jones looks to have lost his confidence. I still think Jones is the better QB, but may be broken. So I am worried that neither guy is the answer.
If Mac is broken...its Bill who broke him by stubbornly refusing to get him an experienced QB coach and playing mind games with him tonight.
I think they need to bring in an experienced QB coach and stick with MAC and let him work his way through this. Pats need to know if MAC is their franchise QB or if they need to start over again with a new QB

Zappe had 2 picks tonight....I wouldn't exactly be hyping his praises
You can’t count the last one though as he was just throwing an end of game desperation toss, and the other was on a tip. But also, the tips are kind of on him.

Offense was just flat and bad, not much specific to say.

Defense had lots of plays that started out good then went very bad. Then whenever they made good plays, they followed it up with one bad enough to offset the previous play.

I don't know what the steps are to make things right but I'd be selling at the trade deadline.

We’re on year 3 of the rebuild and still very far off.
I don’t know why people talking about rebuild. This team was never in rebuild mode. Unfortunately.
Proper rebuild is 3 years overdue. First from the top

I'm not concerned about the batted balls. Some of those passes would have still gotten batten even if he was 6'5. There is no silver lining in this game because we just don't learn from mobile qbs. Collins has no reason to be on this team and our defensive tackles are nothing without Barmore.

Spy Fields with a cornerback. It isn't that hard.

At least this will quiet the Zappe crowd.
BB should not have yanked Mac that quick. Now you're at risk of losing the team's trust.
The 2nd half plan was not a plan, just a surrender. Everytime we bring back Collins it's useless, and our D gets worse.
We lost Dugger, Phillips & Andrews. This is bad.
We could easily lose to the Jets next week, then it's rock bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back