PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- 49er's beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time he’s been in, he’s been in a **** situation. Tonight he was with **** receivers besides when Edelman was in for like 1-2 plays. Give the guy 1st team reps and start him for the love of god. It’s the perfect situation to do it. Cam isn’t making a lot of money and you’re not going anywhere this season.
Great post...

We are 2-4. This is the last game in October not a September overreaction. I admire your optimism but this is not the same. The last time we were 2-4 was 2002 when we missed the playoffs.

Yeah, I admit, I'm probably over optimistic, but just can't forget that we should have beaten Seattle, we would have beaten KC if Cam played like he did the first 3 games...just not sure what to think of this team right now...I admit, the last two weeks have been bad, but lets hope we see an improvement next week.

Doesn't mean every decision you make is always the right one. Ridiculous and unfair take.

Unfair? When he doesn't have the greatest QB of all time his record isn't the greatest as a head coach. Unfair take, or facts?

Bill’s GM abilities have been abysmal as of late. I know some hardo will tell me how hindsight is 20/20 but his drafts have been bad. His recent trades have been bad. His recent free agent signings have been bad. His recent decisions on who to let walk have been bad.

Maybe the Pats will trade Gilmore and Edelman to the Bucs for picks. One last thank you to the GOAT
Why would the Bucs want Edelman? He’s fairly expensive and has been horrible for weeks

Either that teams have caught up to him in our offense watching film...

I don't think Cam fits in this offense. Our offense is, I hate to say, more suited for Stidham than Cam. It's based on quick short throws to underneath guys and moving the chains. Cam is a downfield thrower and we don't have the personnel for that.
It’s like he completely forgot how to throw a football. Throwing across his body, wobblers, no zip, just everything about his mechanics is f-ed up.

Bizarre.

Hard to know where to begin there. This offense is lucky the Jets are a thing, because there's little going for it. Or at least in the skill positions. Harris looks good and the line is decent, but the rest........yikes. If we're going to stay with Cam for the rest of the season, we need to do things he's excelled it. At the minute, we want him to be a pocket passer. And he's not,

I am sad.

They have given me so much joy for 20 years.

They will leave paw prints in my heart.

Now I am old and need a nap.

PS: I don't wish Tom success and I do not wish him harm. He is not here anymore. :(

Right after a game like this emotions are raw. They were beyond disappointing today. Probably worst game of BB era. However, teams are rarely as bad as their worst performance and usually not as good as their best. I think Cam will improve. Will he ever be Brady...of course not. But he is better than he played today, yes.

It is time to rebuild however and yes, I do think BB deserves significant blame for the abysmal transition from Brady. He got the credit for the SB's so he deserves a big share of the balm for the lack of speed and talent on this team.

I think the Pats should be sellers at the trade deadline and for Gods sakes do not give up any draft picks for WR's or TE's at this time.

Yeah, I admit, I'm probably over optimistic, but just can't forget that we should have beaten Seattle, we would have beaten KC if Cam played like he did the first 3 games...just not sure what to think of this team right now...I admit, the last two weeks have been bad, but lets hope we see an improvement next week.
Right now I’m willing to hold out one more week. But we pretty much have to beat Buffalo to have any way at climbing out of this division

Team looks good! It’s great to see WRs running open all over the field. Winning against press man. Cam looked spectacular. The run defense was absolutely stout at the point of attack and the team speed is off the charts. I think we’re a lock for the AFCCG, and likely Super Bowl champs.
Gonna have to disagree. What were you watching man

What if those two games were mirages? Definitely seems that way and who knows, maybe Cam is cooked. These last couple of games were absolutely horrible.

The trade deadline (Nov 3rd) will pretty much tell us all we need to know regarding the season/near future...

At least we can all relax a bit secure in the knowledge that Bill has this figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes