PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- 49er's beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankful I missed this game since I’m on the road/air. But the scoreboard looked terrible.

What they showed us against Seattle and KC still gives me SOME hope they can turn it around, but the hope is fading. I said last week that I didn’t know what this team was and in as much a must win game as you can have in October, they **** the bed...badly.

Could be a 4-12 team or maybe as high as 10-6 but the winning has to start next week or that’s it. Can’t lose to Buffalo and still make the playoffs.

This is a bad team. 2-4 and everybody looked lifeless today. We'll probably win a few and finish 6-10 or something. I'm not really concerned honestly though because we've seen so much success... it just all has to end eventually. Cam isn't the answer nor is Stid. I'm not sure who the answer is and I have an itching feeling Belichick doesn't know either.

This will either be the start of a bad run for years or maybe the best thing that happened to this team. Either way, whoever switched to watch Tampa Bay today should be embarrassed.
6-10 would be a miracle. This team is really bad. And looking at the schedule, I see them going 4-12. The only other 2 wins will be against the Jets, maybe.

Anything I'd post now would just be embarrassing.
I'll sleep on it and post something tomorrow. Even it it's embarrassing, I'll be able to own it.

Kraft didn't "run him out of town." Kraft left it to Bill to decide, and Bill made the wrong choice by a country mile. Bill let his ego get in the way. Instead of running with Brady until it was clear he couldn't play anymore, he decided to try to show everyone he could win without him and he was the reason for the dynasty. They both were important as we wouldn't have 6 super bowls without Bill's coaching or Tom's greatness. Bill wouldn't even let Tom help make personnel decisions on the offensive side of the ball.
Yes its true. BB misjudged the whole Brady situation and I can forgive him for that. What is less forgiveable is the complete lack of planning for transitioning to life without Brady. It seems that BB was just making it up as he went along this year and unfortunately, it shows.

- The defense was gassed by the end of the first half by the horrible play of Newton. He was solely responsible for the S**T Show we saw. When the Time of possession is 18 to 5, you can't really blame the defense.
- That being said. This was one of the worst defensively coached games we've seen during the Belichick era.. Why even bother to dress Uche and Williams if they aren't going to see defensive snaps. Especially when you are without Dugger, I wonder what sort of humble pie will be served amongst the defensive coaches..
- They need to pull Bentley aside and remind him to do "HIS JOB". He's not doing that. He's over-running plays and taking himself out of position. Clearly his worst game as a professional. The fact that he couldn't take down Garappolo on his own during the 1st series does raise questions.
- Brooks should not be seeing the field in ANY sort of defensive situation. Every play he just stood there watching. No one can tell me that Uche or Williams wouldn't have done a better job out there. I didn't understand why he wasn't cut at the end of TC. That's reinforced by today's performance
- Contrary to some others, Copeland actually played a decent game. He was doing his job. Unlike Bentley and Brooks.

Really looking forward to seeing the SNAP COUNTS because I think that Butler didn't end up playing much. I saw LOTS of Bower and Thurman, which was surprising.
Yeah, Cam was bad today. Unless he turns it around next week (if he even starts) I'll be okay with saying I was wrong about him. Sucks but it is what it is. We'll find our guy one day.

Who are you bill belichick?

Tommy's the Greatest Patriot of all time. He's our Michael Jordan. You make it sound like he's Drew Bledsoe.

I agree with him. He is not here anymore and things wouldn't of been any better. You have to move on at some point in order to have a future. Brady has nothing to do with this patriots team, this year.

Yeah, Cam was bad today. Unless he turns it around next week (if he even starts) I'll be okay with saying I was wrong about him. Sucks but it is what it is. We'll find our guy one day.
Cam holds the ball too long and then he wants to be Superman and run.

One trick ponys dont get it done.

So you are going to go back to his Cleveland days? How many decades was that? We will ignore 08 without Brady and him going 11-5

Or the when Brady was suspended for 4 games? How about a few weeks back playing the Chiefs? Or their last SB where Brady really didn't do anything?

I'm looking at his overall record. So you can go back in time but I can't? Typical of people that argue with me. Pick and choose games and years to ignore. And brady didn't do anything in their last SB win?! LMAO.......... does the chargers and chiefs game not count? Even in the SB win he made the throw that won the game. Again, ignoring all games that go against your argument.

Cam holds the ball too long and then he wants to be Superman and run.

One trick ponys dont get it done.
You’re a poet and you don’t know it lol. All jokes aside you’re 100% correct

The difference between the first 3 wks to now is incredible. Team went from looking powerful, smart, played with chips on their shoulders....to this?! Slow, mental errors leading to breakdowns, lack of power. A couple of things I’m thinking trying to make sense of it all. The coaching is finally getting out coached now that the league has more tape on us, the inconsistency of any cohesive units has really caught up to us due to Covid/injuries etc.., or this team is just void of talent needed to make a difference. My guess is that it’s a combination of it all. It’s very frustrating to watch a team play this poorly after really flashing in some games.

Barring an incredible turnaround, this season is done. We just don’t have a SB roster. We all knew it was going to be a rebuild year, so it doesn’t sting too bad, but what really hurts is the lack of playing time/production from the young guys we are supposed to be building around.

Anyone can look bad in this offense but it doesn’t excuse cam’s pathetic play!!! Only a couple of QBs can make this offense look decent through scheme. This shows a lot abou brady last year. I guess we now know the answer.

I'm looking at his overall record. So you can go back in time but I can't? Typical of people that argue with me. Pick and choose games and years to ignore. And brady didn't do anything in their last SB win?! LMAO.......... does the chargers and chiefs game not count? Again, ignoring all games that go against your argument.
It's not about picking and choosing. How long ago was Cleveland? Are you the same person you were 20 years ago. Is football even played the same as when he was coaching in Cleveland.

I agree with him. He is not here anymore and things wouldn't of been any better. You have to move on at some point in order to have a future. Brady has nothing to do with this patriots team, this year.

But he's our michael jordan. we're pats fans. If it was any other player i'd agree with you but of course we're going to bring him up!

Hey, Houston. You still want Caserio? Take him. The drafts were much better when Reese was in the room with BB and was the main voice.

But he's our michael jordan. we're pats fans. If it was any other player i'd agree with you but of course we're going to bring him up!

Got nothing to do with these games though. Thats what we need to be focusing on.

My only regret is that Stidham didn't have enough snaps to hit my 3 Interceptions in 1 qtr

Many of us said at the start of this league year that we were looking at a 2-3 year rebuild to becoming competitive again. Nothing has changed. Still true if they can improve on their talent evaluation and personnel moves. I hope BB will bring in a top talent evaluator from outside the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3