PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- 49er's beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in the next meeting between BB and Kraft.

Doesn't really seem like there is a plan at all.
Kraft was part of running Brady out of town. Friggin phony with the "Tom, my son" shtick. Go get a $40 HJ in your Rolls Royce you old fool.

So... if we don't win next week is this season officially over at 2-5?

I know it looks grim now but 3-4 at least gives you a slip of hope

Not sure what BB expended getting an average passer at QB and doing absolutely nothing to upgrade the WR and TE. Losing Harry was huge blow because he was having a solid year.

Right now the team is unwatchable because they have so many issues on both sides of the ball. At this point, assuming they beat the Jets twice they are looking at a 5 win seasons.

I didn’t do that.

I had the Bucs on the other TV on the bottom of the fireplace.

To each their own but I'll stick it out with New England til the last game of the season. I understand not liking the performance because its a lot different from the norm, but it was bound to happen one day
I had the Bucs game on my phone muted and watched the Pats til about 3 mins left. Of course I'll stick it out with the Patriots. Ive stuck it out for 59 years.
If the Pats cant make it, I'll cheer hard for the greatest Patriot of all time to win another SB.

This is really a two pronged issue. Number 1 There are no playmakers on offense. Number 2 The Dline and inside linebacking corps has no speed and athleticism. Bentley is a serious liability.
The game has really changed over the past 5 years, with the league doing everything it can to favor offensive football. This has led to a faster game and it looks to me like Bill has been slow to adjust to this reality.
Our team speed is at or near the bottom of the league. We have not been focusing on drafting fast players and you just need to look at the two teams that played at Gillette today to see the different philosophy's in action.

The draft selection are catching up with this team.
Cam is better suited to style hair or shooting micro Draco's in a pond somewhere

So... if we don't win next week is this season officially over at 2-5?

I know it looks grim now but 3-4 at least gives you a slip of hope
2 games behind the Bills in the standings with 2 games to play against them. Technically still in it. But it’s absolutely a must win next week now. And the week after.

Kraft was part of running Brady out of town. Friggin phony with the "Tom, my son" shtick. Go get a $40 HJ in your Rolls Royce you old fool.

Kraft didn't "run him out of town." Kraft left it to Bill to decide, and Bill made the wrong choice by a country mile. Bill let his ego get in the way. Instead of running with Brady until it was clear he couldn't play anymore, he decided to try to show everyone he could win without him and he was the reason for the dynasty. They both were important as we wouldn't have 6 super bowls without Bill's coaching or Tom's greatness. Bill wouldn't even let Tom help make personnel decisions on the offensive side of the ball.

Yes, it’s over. I thought tonight was a must win situation.
Yeah, imo today was a must win.

With that said, there's still a little hope with a win next week... though this game really needed to be a W since Buffalo is 5-2. We're only getting in if we win the division. Can't lose to Buffallo.

I said it once, I’ll say it again. ENOUGH with the Brady talk. He left and isn’t on our team. That’s just a fact. Keep bringing it up is useless

Who are you bill belichick?

Tommy's the Greatest Patriot of all time. He's our Michael Jordan. You make it sound like he's Drew Bledsoe.

This is a bad team. 2-4 and everybody looked lifeless today. We'll probably win a few and finish 6-10 or something. I'm not really concerned honestly though because we've seen so much success... it just all has to end eventually. Cam isn't the answer nor is Stid. I'm not sure who the answer is and I have an itching feeling Belichick doesn't know either.

This will either be the start of a bad run for years or maybe the best thing that happened to this team. Either way, whoever switched to watch Tampa Bay today should be embarrassed.

- The defense was gassed by the end of the first half by the horrible play of Newton. He was solely responsible for the S**T Show we saw. When the Time of possession is 18 to 5, you can't really blame the defense.
- That being said. This was one of the worst defensively coached games we've seen during the Belichick era.. Why even bother to dress Uche and Williams if they aren't going to see defensive snaps. Especially when you are without Dugger, I wonder what sort of humble pie will be served amongst the defensive coaches..
- They need to pull Bentley aside and remind him to do "HIS JOB". He's not doing that. He's over-running plays and taking himself out of position. Clearly his worst game as a professional. The fact that he couldn't take down Garappolo on his own during the 1st series does raise questions.
- Brooks should not be seeing the field in ANY sort of defensive situation. Every play he just stood there watching. No one can tell me that Uche or Williams wouldn't have done a better job out there. I didn't understand why he wasn't cut at the end of TC. That's reinforced by today's performance
- Contrary to some others, Copeland actually played a decent game. He was doing his job. Unlike Bentley and Brooks.

Really looking forward to seeing the SNAP COUNTS because I think that Butler didn't end up playing much. I saw LOTS of Bower and Thurman, which was surprising.

2 games behind the Bills in the standings with 2 games to play against them. Technically still in it. But it’s absolutely a must win next week now. And the week after.
THe Bills are simply a more talented and better team on both sides of the ball.

Unfair? When he doesn't have the greatest QB of all time his record isn't the greatest as a head coach. Unfair take, or facts?

So you are going to go back to his Cleveland days? How many decades was that? We will ignore 08 without Brady and him going 11-5

Or the when Brady was suspended for 4 games? How about a few weeks back playing the Chiefs? Or their last SB where Brady really didn't do anything?

Given how bleak they look at WR and TE, was Bill actually confident in Josh’s ability to adapt, evolve, and put players in position to excel with this group? That’s some combination of poor player evaluation and also exaggerated confidence in Josh’s ability.

Does everyone remember two years ago, everyone was saying "we're done, we have no shot"...look what happened....I'm not saying this is going to happen, but I know we're not as bad as we played and what the score indicated today...

I would normally agree if Brady was here, Edelman was younger and we didn't lose Hightower etc because of Covid. I am not giving up on the season but if you don't have a legitimate QB with some weapons you are going to struggle. I think this could be the last season for Edelman, McCourty and other veterans. The good news is that the next offseason we will be in good shape in regards to the salary cap and the overall cap could go down. If this is the beginning of a rebuild Bill could sign some playmakers and continue to build through the draft. My only question is who is going to be the next QB?

Last edited:
The entire organization should be embarrassed. I’m not sure I’ve seen a more putrid performance during Belichick’s tenure.
You've clearly forgotten some of the 2000, 2002, and 2005 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3