PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread - #1 Seed Pats beat the Bills

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the ESPN playoff machine, and I think the Patriots are really in the driver's seat for the #1 seed. I expect the Titans and Ravens to lose several more games. The Patriots have the tiebreaker over the Chiefs.

If Tampa Bay beats Buffalo next week, I think the Patriots will get the #1 seed even if they lose another game. The Chiefs might run the table, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Big Brady fan next week...for real

Defense - They could have put 5-6 men on the line when it was obvious to everyone watching and not that the Pats were going to run all night.
Offense - They should have had a boatload of running plays just for Josh Allen, and also pass less and pass shorter with less wind issues.
They did put 5-6 men on the line. The reason the 64 yard TD happened was because they had the entire defense up within a couple of yards of the line and once Harris hit the hole it was over.

They did put 5-6 men on the line. The reason the 64 yard TD happened was because they had the entire defense up within a couple of yards of the line and once Harris hit the hole it was over.
DT's that can tackle. I don't think they had 5-6 guys with there hands in the dirt. They may have like you said...but it was too little too late.

Last edited:
I'm on the ESPN playoff machine, and I think the Patriots are really in the driver's seat for the #1 seed. I expect the Titans and Ravens to lose several more games. The Patriots have the tiebreaker over the Chiefs.

If Tampa Bay beats Buffalo next week, I think the Patriots will get the #1 seed even if they lose another game. The Chiefs might run the table, but I wouldn't bet on it.

same here, i feel like the most likely scenario would allow us to drop one of the last 4. Kc winning out being the biggest concern

What happens when the Phins win out?

Pats were only 2 for 12 on 3rd down, so this win was on the defense being awesome including holding the Bills to 1 for 4 in the red zone. Well done for the defense.

What happens when the Phins win out?
If the Dolphins win out they’re 10-7 and swept the Patriots head to head. So the Pats would need to finish 11-6 or better (ignoring ties) to win the division, so that requires winning 2 of Indy, Bills, and Jags.

Anyone else notice Steve has been hiding behind other people on the sidelines since SNF broadcast caught his funny faces?

Last night reminded me of the 1978 Patriots, the team leader in rushing yards. They were a physical bunch led by John Hannah and Leon Gray and Sam Bam Cunningham. They physically imposed their will, rushing for 3100 yards.
There is an anecdote ( others can fill in the details) where in one case, they ran the same play every single play in the drive all the way down the field daring the opposition to stop them and they couldn't. Sam Bam behind Hannah and Gray...

Do we know if that first Mac pass was an audible or not because people thought it was last night.

He is extraordinarily successful on a very high percentage of those plays when given the opportunity, and (save for when Hoyer is in the game, late) they rarely give him much of a shot. I get you can't build an offense around one player/type of play, but attempting to manufacture some touches to maximize what seems to be a really strong skillset for contested/50-50 balls feels like it could be a good idea, especially when in the red-area and points are at a premium.
Early in the year I would've replied that they just didn't trust him given his history.

Now, as I agree with your assessment, I'm more inclined to say 1) he's just so far down the depth chart as a pass catcher they haven't had the situation to call on him and 2) those plays are being "saved" for specific down/distance/score/situation that especially in this recent stretch haven't presented themselves. For example, when did they eventually roll out the Vrabel pass plays? How about the eligible receiver plays vs B-more? They had them WELL beforehand, but only utilized in specific situations or versus specific down/distance or teams.

I expect similar for Harry catching balls now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST