PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread - #1 Seed Pats beat the Bills

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a great segment from Good Morning Football on how demoralized the Bills have to be after this loss to the Pats.
Really good segment.

one thing I love is that everyone has no doubt that the Patriots thoroughly dominated the Bills and handed them a crushing defeat, and the margin was four points for most of the game. Four points!

He re-entered the game. If the injury was more severe he would not have.
i think the fact that he was allowed to re-enter the game and lasted one play before pulling up shows their initial assessment wasn't correct. Once he left the game the second time he didn't re-enter it again. It looked like a hamstring which can have quite varied time frames based on degree of the tear. I think it's way too ealry to make any conclusions yet.

And I can't wait to see them light up the passing game in the dome in 2 weeks!
There's a lot of hoping that there will be a sustained high pass attempt trend with the Patriots.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things as Red might say, but it's still in the end, just a wish. There's still not a lot of indicators that as a going in gameplan the Patriots will run a high pass attempt offense unless either the opposing team is rated terribly against said pass or they're down big on the scoreboard in the game itself - and EVEN then given the #1 rule (no turnovers) the odds still point toward a more balanced approach.

Because he's ... I'm trying to think of a nicer way to say "idiot".\

We missed that kick too, in case you forgot.
Not another word for idiot, but I call him the best Bills coach since Levy.

Maybe that is another term for idiot in a convoluted sort of way.

Because he's ... I'm trying to think of a nicer way to say "idiot".\

We missed that kick too, in case you forgot.
I think the Bills should have tried to answer with 2 themselves on their TD.

The reason that Bill did it didn't matter but the result was it changed the complexion of the game and forced the Bills to need an extra score to catch up.

Not another word for idiot, but I call him the best Bills coach since Levy.

Maybe that is another term for idiot in a convoluted sort of way.
Oh yeah for sure.

Phillips was good too - and obviously a great DC as well. His only mistake was picking Rob Johnson if he had anything to do with that.

i think the fact that he was allowed to re-enter the game and lasted one play before pulling up shows their initial assessment wasn't correct. Once he left the game the second time he didn't re-enter it again. It looked like a hamstring which can have quite varied time frames based on degree of the tear. I think it's way too ealry to make any conclusions yet.
Meh. He was standing next to Matt Slater in the locker room and spoke to the media. My view is if he was severely racked up he would have been hidden.

I think the gameplan was just pure hubris from Bill B. I think they planned to throw but once we were gashing then on the ground in 9-10 man boxes bill just said watch this. And I don't think he respects Josh Allen against our defense.

BUT that being said, I don't get why we couldn't throw more screen passes or short passes.

I just think Bills mentality is "well we beat the Titans with Max throwing 300 yards and all over the field now we gonna beat the bills with just running the ball"

Pats are truly back. Can beat you a million ways

I'm not sure I'd call it hubris but I otherwise agree. Why not stick with what is working in a given situation? The wind was crazy, it was likely to be low scoring, ergo run the ball. If running the ball is working then stick with running the ball. Ultimately the Patriots are leading deeper into the game, the D is keeping them out of the end zone, why not keep running the ball? We are all used to, understandably, seeing runs and passes mixed in. Further, seeing the opposing team stacked so obviously against the run, pass!!! So it definitely was Bill's steel football stubbornness that it remained run run run. It was also his laser focus on 'this is this game, this isn't other games, this is this game and we win this game as it can be won'.

Last night was ripe for turnovers to give this game away. Patriots kept the turnover risk to a minimum. OTOH the Bills' passing was fortunate there were several INTs. Outside of a tough turnover by Harry, a fumble that was quickly covered, and an absurd UC penalty, Patriots played this crazy game just as they should have, mistake free, not changing from running unless needed.

Last edited:
TL;DR: McDermott talks too much.

i guess mcdermott doesn’t realize the more he tries to deny being outcoached, which he was by a mile, and trying to blame the execution the more he is throwing his players under the bus. In all tough losses ive seen , even when it isnt true and we just executed poor, bb ALWAYS makes a point to mention we have to coach better. Just another little aspect that separates bb from everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST