PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots vs. Dolphins Post Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again in the clutch the defense isn't able to keep a team out of the endzone when it matters most. Why Hightower or Spikes are on the field in passing situations is beyond me. Ghost had an absolutely wretched game missing a field goal and then kicking off out of bounds. Gregory needs to return to the bench. While he's a decent third option he's usually slow coming over, takes bad angles, and reacts slowly. Harmon should be the starter. Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins need to be back for Baltimore.

Another game decided by the refs. First with the non-call for holding on the 4th and 5 by the Miami receiver to allow Clay to get the 4th down. Then on the TD pass where Jones got yanked from behind right in front of the Ref. And then twice on the Pats final drive where players were clearly interfered with and the refs don't call it.

It's bad enough the Patriots are battling so many injuries, but having to battle the horrible officiating as well just makes it nearly impossible to win games.

I think the refs let them play and were not going to throw a flag; given that many people questioned the outcome of the Browns game because of the call on the DB covering Boyce I am not surprised. We still could have won that game and the reason we didn’t is Amendola did not make that catch, which is a catch the 26th highest paid WR in the NFL needs to bring in. I give Amendola credit he had a very good game today but that was a play that should have been made.

Cue the excuse making by homers about the refs. Aside from the Fletcher call, refs been calling it lose all game.

Ultimately, the team put themselves in another have to come from behind scenario. Defense couldn't make stops especially 3rd and longs. Tackling was terrible.

It would have been nice if Amendola had made a play over the defender but the defender made the play. Team lacks playmakers so their margin of error is very small.

Let's hope for the best with Cincy tonight. The number one bye is gone because Denver has a cakewalk from here on out. I believe Cincy will drop another game so let's just hope the team can come up with something at Baltimore.

I just hate that the team let a winnable game get away. Another desperate team next week. Bill needs to inform this team that playoff ball has already started.

Stop giving Pats fans a bad name by blaming every loss on the refs. Yes, they probably screwed us over in New Jersey and Carolina, but this time Gostkowski, the defense, and Brady choked. EDIT: Amendola also choked.

Brady choked?
You should give up posting about football.

11-5 is looking realistic now

How did Amendola "choke"? He played a good game. If you're referring to the end zone throw, he was a tough catch and well defended.

needs strong hands there and bring it in before knocked away...didn't look like he caught it clean.

Can't expect to get the calls on the road. Defense continues to be the achilles heel. The offensive line was a hot mess today.

So I guess it will be ten times worse next week versus the Ravens? It pains me to type this, but Go Steelers...:bricks::bricks::bricks:

Why is everyone on Amendola? Because of the pass that was knocked away by the defender? The other team gets paid too and MIA made the plays they needed to win. Amendola got both hands on the ball then the defender got his arm in there less than a .5 second after. It's unfortunate he couldn't haul it in but it wasn't an easy catch.

Oh, and as someone else mentioned, it's good the Pats used a first rounder on a 270 pound waddling linebacker who makes no impact plays. Watching him run with those fat stubby legs makes me laugh.

Obviously a very disappointing loss, but that was a terrific football game.

The Wallace TD at the end of the first half and failure to make the play on 4th and 5 were the difference.

Can't make the play on the 4th and 5 when you're being held by the WR and prevented from getting to Clay. Guy had Ryan by the jersey on both shoulders and just rag-dolled him out of the way. Seen that called against the Pats a couple of times..

The refs have bad games every week, New England needs to overcome that. Gostkowski had ONE JOB (keep the f'ing ball inbounds on a KO) and blew it. The D allows a 3rd and 17 to become a 4th and 5, the O gets a few feet from the end zone and chokes away a TD twice.

IF we get a home playoff game, it might rival that 2009 game vs Baltimore as worst playoff loss. Tom Brady can only do so much.

First Amamdola did not choke, the DB made a play by getting his hand in there before the ball was secured. Without his efforts this game would not have been close. I wish some of you guys would actually watch the game before you shoot from the hip.

Secondly, how many teams can even compete with the injuries this team has had? Kline had to see his first action and allowed pressure and a sack. Not really blaming him, it's just the reality of the situation.

Third, Dobson andThompkins are out and they still were able to move the ball. And, not to mention Gronk being out for the year.

These are not excuses, just reality. I love the way this team keep fighting in spite of all the injuries.

Last edited:
This defense stinks.

This reminds me of SB 42 where brady leads a beautiful drive at the end which is supposed to win it and the D just blows it

You mean the FG that passed over the top of the goal post? The one that was called a FG twice last year against the Patriots, but has yet to be called one for them.. Yep. Such a bad miss :rolleyes:

Someone needs to get us a replay of that one up here. I thought that looked real close but, they never looked at it again. Maybe, it's just me.

Stop giving Pats fans a bad name by blaming every loss on the refs. Yes, they probably screwed us over in New Jersey and Carolina, but this time Gostkowski, the defense, and Brady choked. EDIT: Amendola also choked.

Brady choked?? You'll have to show your work on that one.

How did Amendola "choke"? He played a good game. If you're referring to the end zone throw, he was a tough catch and well defended.

I agree; Amendola played very well today in fact it was his play that got the team down to the red zone. Could he have made that play? Yes and he should have given the type of contract we signed him to, but it was not an easy play and certainly not chocking that he didn’t catch it. It was a play that ideally he would have made but it was not a given and you cannot build winning football games around players making that catch because you will lose far more than you win.

team had a chance to win it AGAIN on a last second 4th qtr pass.

Expected a tough dolphins team, and got a tough dolphins team.

Really agitating when the patriots get a pass interference call every freaks out, and then when there are no calls people are like "yeah it was probably pass interference BUT not right now because its the end of the game. Its bull****, and results in another controversial finish.

Where did boyce go? he was looking good and then he was out of the game.

The defense needed to hold them to a field goal, that last touchdown was a back breaker. Cant expect brady to drive the field in 60 seconds every single week.

Rough loss,

Somebody pointed out that in every single loss the Pats have had this year, they've had the chance to tie or win the game at the end, and just couldn't pull it out.

I'd like to suggest that it's difficult to make a play on 4th and 5 when you're the closest player to the ballcarrier and you're being held.

To anyone saying Amendola choked, how exactly do you propose he pull in that circus catch with a man draped all over him? He made a helluva play to get that close to the score.

My initial reaction was the same as yours - I thought Ryan was held. I'll have to look at it again but I thought they still had a chance to make the play.

Couldn't agree more on Amendola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back