PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, BGC. It seems to be a decent year for OL.
And Scar is down there which helps a lot. Much rather have his input than not.

It’s always interesting when actual numbers start being thrown around. Keep in mind that these are almost definitely from agents.

Lazar:
“Upwards of $15 million” for Thuney
Roughly $10 million for D-McCourty
Roughly $6 million for Karras

Lazar's Combine Notebook: Brady Latest, Market for Thuney and Others, On-Field Testing Begins | CLNS Media

Howe:
$14-15 million for Thuney
“Upwards of $10 million” for Karras :eek:

Howe: What I've learned about Patriots' plans with Tom Brady...

None of those really surprise me, Thuney will get paid and he should. Some team will pay Karras as a starter, as long as Andrews can come back healthy we can overcome that and maybe draft someone to back him up.
I'd love to see DMac resigned, but im not sure how they could afford him unless he gave a huge discount. If they have Brady back, someone like DMac might make sense because hes the QB of the defense and has been a team captain for years... hes the type of guy you would load up with to take another shot at a SB. Would be gut wrenching to see Dmac leave

This off-season will take a hall of fame level of execution by the Pats front office to manage this current cap and roster situation. They'll need near perfection to have any shot, otherwise the team overall will likely be worse than it was in 2019. I think the defense will still be good, but there's no guarantee they'd still be elite. A few key pieces to the defense leaving that cannot be ignored, so if they can't replace them with equal talent and then lose 1 or 2 guys early next year to injury... it will go from elite to average real fast.

If we lose anything more than like a 6th round pick for that BS Kraft Productions video scandal, I'll absolutely lose my mind.. Someone should seriously consider building a class action lawsuit if something like that happens, because the league will basically be continuing to systematically destroy the Patriots chances of being competitive with all of these BS scandals robbing them of insanely valuable draft capital

Will be fascinating to sit back and watch how they manage this.. Lots and lots of very difficult decisions to be made, glad its not me having to make them!

None of those really surprise me, Thuney will get paid and he should. Some team will pay Karras as a starter, as long as Andrews can come back healthy we can overcome that and maybe draft someone to back him up.
I'd love to see DMac resigned, but im not sure how they could afford him unless he gave a huge discount. If they have Brady back, someone like DMac might make sense because hes the QB of the defense and has been a team captain for years... hes the type of guy you would load up with to take another shot at a SB. Would be gut wrenching to see Dmac leave

This off-season will take a hall of fame level of execution by the Pats front office to manage this current cap and roster situation. They'll need near perfection to have any shot, otherwise the team overall will likely be worse than it was in 2019. I think the defense will still be good, but there's no guarantee they'd still be elite. A few key pieces to the defense leaving that cannot be ignored, so if they can't replace them with equal talent and then lose 1 or 2 guys early next year to injury... it will go from elite to average real fast.

If we lose anything more than like a 6th round pick for that BS Kraft Productions video scandal, I'll absolutely lose my mind.. Someone should seriously consider building a class action lawsuit if something like that happens, because the league will basically be continuing to systematically destroy the Patriots chances of being competitive with all of these BS scandals robbing them of insanely valuable draft capital

Will be fascinating to sit back and watch how they manage this.. Lots and lots of very difficult decisions to be made, glad its not me having to make them!

I agree with you post, the Pats are in a bad shape, almost in cap hell, with a lot of FA expiring contracts at the same time and with no QB. I can see a team having short cap space because they are paying their QB, it's not the case here so at some point that above average management has failed. I don't really trust them to have an outstanding FA/draft.

Looking at Brady situation, it's a lot correlated with the free agency/draft, or vice-versa. For Brady it doesn't matter play football just because he likes, at this point is about legacy and winning more SBs. I keep thinking that his best shot is still in a Patriots uniform, but in reality, is it? I truly believe he can succeed elsewhere, he is that good and there are teams a lot more set than the Patriots. Our coaching staff is a revolving door in the past 2 years and that is affecting the results on the field, BB in my opinion is super busy having to take care of a lot of things and that's not the best situation as well. This week he was working out a guy in the rain and a lot of people are drooling over this, in my opinion there's lot of problems you can draw from this scenario, unless he likes to be around football that much and just said F... it I'm doing this.

In my opinion, Brady coming back, our best shot to have a chance next season is going FA and draft heavily on one direction, offense or defense, and not going for balance. Our defense was good last year, at some points great, a lot of people were disappointed at the end in the heat of the moment but it was a good defense. If you go full offense and lose some pieces in the defense, it becomes average. Brady has lead this team to SB's with absolutely terrible defenses. I wouldn't mind have a top offense with an average defense.

On the other hand, we won SB's with Brady game managing the offense and having a great defense, so what if they decide to band-aid some of the offensive holes and going heavy on the defensive side? Would that entice Brady?

What I think will happen, I don't think BB will deviate from this model at this point and will draft as usual, looking to fill some voids now but also thinking 2 years down the road, looking to have players to replace future players that will leave in FA, looking for balance and rebuilding. All this = crap. Unless they hit a home run on all picks and signings, a balanced approach would make this team a little better than last year in the best case, there's too much talent becoming FA's and many of them will leave. No chance to win the Lombardi with this approach unless **** happens to other teams. I'm not saying use all the picks in offense or defense, but they would have to be heavily inclined in one direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back