PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Patriots Draft Day 3 Thread - Rounds 4-7

We have 5 tackles in Trent Brown, Mcdermott, Rieff, Anderson and Steuber.

We have 7 interior lineman in Andrews, Strange, Onwenu, Hines, Sow, Andrews & Russey.

There will be a lot of competition at the guard spots, and if one of Hines and Sow makes himself a starter at guard, then you have the luxury of kicking Onwenu out to tackle.

These are good problems to have.

Wilson was a second round pick who could've been had in the 6th round. The guy played four season for the Pats and started FOUR games....you want an average of 1 start/year from your second round pick? mind numbing
What happened after he left NE?

Sure but is that worth passing up highly rated tackles in the 4th? You realize that Jones will probably be healthy for 6 games this season with the line they have. I like Sow for what its worth.

This is another absurd post.

Maybe they just feel that reiff/Anderson can handle it this year and we address future replacements next offseason.
Yeah, I think that’s right. I don’t think they really like many tackles or receivers in the draft.

I know it's cute to say kickers aren't football players, but are people really dismissing how important a kicker is? They are the difference between winning and losing a game so often.

There were two top kickers in this draft. One got picked yesterday. We need one. It's a 4th round pick and we have four of them.

But we could have had a WR who is not better than our current WR's. Those of you who want the shiny object (a WR), the time for that was 1st round if you wanted one who might upgrade one of our top 4. So your argument is a WR instead of Gonzalez. **** that.
…pick a good one and he might solidify your team for 10+ years. Worth it.

@203Pat

Here’s what I posted before day 4 of the draft started today genius, go back to the start of this thread…. yeah, I’m just rubber stamping all of Bill’s draft picks.

Just to be sure, Ryland was my favorite kicker left on the board and the punter from Rutgers my favorite there… in case Bill takes him later and you want to tell us I said so because he was chosen. Turk is a good punter as well but I did little research on special teams.
So you wanted them? Congrats I guess? Not saying theyre bad players. I am saying they aren't really filling positions of immediate need. Theyre filling potential holes for when we let previously drafted players who were successful go. I would rather have a tackle, a slot receiver, and a tight end and re-sign guys like Dugger and Onwenu. I hate when we let guys we drafted who played well here walk.

it's simply amazing the length to which the Belichick bobos go....arguing over drafting a kicker, seriously people...when you're defending the drafting of a 7th round guy in the 4th round and getting into arguments on an anonymous message board, it's time to step back
How do you know he was a 7th round guy and Belicheck didn't?

I know it's cute to say kickers aren't football players, but are people really dismissing how important a kicker is? They are the difference between winning and losing a game so often.

There were two top kickers in this draft. One got picked yesterday. We need one. It's a 4th round pick and we have four of them.

But we could have had a WR who is not better than our current WR's. Those of you who want the shiny object (a WR), the time for that was 1st round if you wanted one who might upgrade one of our top 4. So your argument is a WR instead of Gonzalez. **** that.
the problem is nobody knows if the hypothetical WR turns out not better than our current group
you can say that about the Kicker too, nobody knows if ryland is actually better than Folk

What do you all know about the wrs that are left?

That's 2 of my 5 WR bargain beankies gone (Charlie Jones at 131 to CIN)

Guess I'm gonna have to wait until the 6th round for some potential action, as this next pick is prob a punter or something.

Don't mind @203Pat . He's another of the Whiny b**ch brigade who thinks their fandom knowledge outweighs the years of experience in the Pats draft department.
I know… just wondering how I can be sticking up for Bill’s draft picks when I said these were “guys I wanted” before the draft began today. He must be one of those Mensa members.

What do you all know about the wrs that are left?

Tyler Scott maybe a possibility but maybe they just don't want to take a WR at this point

Tyler Scott and AT Perry still available?

I like a lot of our picks in a vacuum, buts it’s hard to see us becoming much more than a good defense average offense type of team that kicks a lot of field goals.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back