PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Patriots Draft Day 3 Thread - Rounds 4-7

In case no one noticed, 10 offensive lineman were just selected in the 4th round of this draft.

There is a huge run on interior linemen.

It really makes you think that teams waiting until the 5th and 6th round for IOL have already missed their window.

And where did teams suffer last year? Interior pass blocking.

So... maybe Bill Belichick is remarkably a little ahead of the game.

Unless you're here to make the argument that some guard who hasn't been taken is better than all the IOL who have been taken.

Pats management does not agree. I would love a shutdown OT too. It is reported the Dante thought it was a tackle down year - who knows for sure.

It is a big step to add BOB's new offensive scheme.
yup that is why i preferred more at OT or a WR addition like a quick slot WR
We will see. We do need defense, the AFC East has some very explosive offenses.
i love all the picks so far except the K and if i don't like it i think it is ok to criticize it

you apparently can't accept people who criticize a pick because of the positonal value and other reamining team needs , it's the draft there are dozen of differenz opinions all over the place and nobody knows truly where other teams ranked players so the number of picks everyone agrees with are rare
There are in fact some that will never say a Bill pick was bad. The funny thing is, when they make their mocks, which is based on who they want, its completely different than Bills actual draft, so essentially the pats are not really drafting who they want but they will back the pick no matter what. Every year the pats draft good picks and bad ones. Every year, even when the team was great. Like all teams, so people saying that every pick the pats do is a homerun is kind of silly.

because i view this year as crucial for mac and the pats to identify what we have in our qb so i want the pats to surround mac with support at OT and WR in the fourth and not a K

I see your point.....but I think the odds are slim that a 4th round WR comes in and becomes a true difference maker, and I think even less so for a tackle.

BB could take a kid that mobs up sweat in the lockerroom in the 4th round and Debruniz would say but he is the best mopper ever.

*SMH* Talk about making s**T up . Typical jackass move. I have disagreed with Belichick picks. Hell, I wasn't impressed with the Andrews pick.

Feel free to leave anytime you want.

OL, can literally be taken anywhere in the draft. It’s just one of those spots, that the value is not a huge jump up and down the board.
Pioli said before the draft that the Pats know they’re not going to be right about all these guys. So take a bunch of fliers on OL and get them in camp and see who sticks.

I see your point.....but I think the odds are slim that a 4th round WR comes in and becomes a true difference maker, and I think even less so for a tackle.
i understand this but i would rather take a shot here. Last year and the year before our fourth rd picks (rb and CB) played great early on, so why not with a WR, i don't know i thought a WR is selected today early

There are in fact some that will never say a Bill pick was bad. The funny thing is, when they make their mocks, which is based on who they want, its completely different than Bills actual draft, so essentially the pats are not really drafting who they want but they will back the pick no matter what. Every year the pats draft good picks and bad ones. Every year, even when the team was great. Like all teams, so people saying that every pick the pats do is a homerun is kind of silly.
Too bad I didn't do any mocks. Nor do I say that every pick is a home run. People like yourself spew this sor4t of BS because you aren't capable of comprehending people who use actual facts to disagree with your baseless opinions.

Probably, but it seems like unless this kid is kicking 80 yard fg's and has 30 tackles on special teams Its hard to account for a 4th rounder on a trade up so basically we gave up a 4th and a 5th for him
4th and a 6th and the points equaled up. We were NOT picking 9 players today.

Too bad I didn't do any mocks. Nor do I say that every pick is a home run. People like yourself spew this sor4t of BS because you aren't capable of comprehending people who use actual facts to disagree with your baseless opinions.
What facts did you use? lol There are no facts, none of these guys have played. You would never ever scratch your head at a bill pick, its ok to be that way, but when you say you are not you are lying to yourself.

Gostkowski was taken with 4th round pick 118. How did that work out ?
vinatierie UDFA, how that?
you can do this for a positive example but also negative examples so this isn't the way to argument

Probably won’t happen, but what’s the likelihood that they move Onwenu back to right tackle and put one of these rookies at right guard?
We do have a new oline coach so you never know. Onwenu is a beast anywhere on the field so we do have options. I'm interested in how our current tackles play though. McDermott looked decent and we haven't seen the recent free agent signings play yet.

Ferentz must hate today though lol.

Clearly the Pats liked Moody but the 49ers got him in the 3rd, knowing the Pats had a lot of 4th round picks. I think the Pats liked Chad next best and thought the drop off after him was too great to pass up in the 4th.

Most likely, they probably weren't gonna risk Ryland not being there when they pick in the 6th and probably didn't want to risk some team potentially getting him before 135. I mean I know people don't think so but kicker is a big part of a team, look at last year, spent most of the year not having a guy that could just boot it consistently out of the end zone on kickoffs which I count from memory 2 games where being unable to do that were differences between a win and a loss.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back