PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Patriots Draft Day 3 Thread - Rounds 4-7

All I want today is for us to draft the TE, Zach Kuntz. I think he can be pretty good, but mostly I want him for the much needed maturity I can bring to the GDT each week.

Come on, Mac. Kuntz was wide open. Stick it in there!

If only Harry was still on the team. Could have a lot of fun with the Harry/Kuntz receiving duo.

WR: AT Perry or Tyler Scott or Trey Palmer

OT: Dawand Jones or Blake Freeland or Jaelyn Duncan

DT: Jaquelin Roy or Moro Ojomo

TE: Davis Allen or Zach Kuntz

Now watch none of them be selected by the team. lol

Perry, Kuntz,Wheaton,Isovias,Landers

QB
OL
Deuce Vaughn

I like Higgins as a future move TE in the 6th or 7th.

I still want Freeland in the 4th as an athletic project OT. I like Warren too.

All I want today is for us to draft the TE, Zach Kuntz. I think he can be pretty good, but mostly I want him for the much needed maturity I can bring to the GDT each week.

If only Harry was still on the team. Could have a lot of fun with the Harry/Kuntz receiving duo.
I hear you. It was a sad day when we lost Danny Woodhead to the Chargers. I had a lot of fun talking to people about "my little Woody."

I think this is all tongue in cheeky.

But I will say this about Kuntz: at PSU he sat for multiple years and couldn't see the field despite being a 5 star player, they thought he was a big stiff who couldn't do basic things. He hasn't really ever played the actual sport of football and impressed.

So... he's a combine workout warrior. Can he even play football?

4 4ths for Jeudy. Ya right.

Ot Breeland
Ot D Jones
Ot J Duncan
Ot Waren
Ot McFadden
OT Witt

C Wypler
C Gaines

G Vorhees
G Zavala
G Curtis
G Ekiyor
G Daniels

FB Luepke

RB evans

Wr BF Wheaton
WR Perry
WR Palmer
WR Scott
WR C Jones
WR Losivas
WR R Bell

TE Kuntz
TE Wyle
TE Mallory

LB Sewell
LB Pace
LB To’o to

CB Ringo
CB Phillips
CB Rush
CB J Jones
CB Ricks

S Smith
S Dean
S Hickman

DT Ojomo
DT Stills
DT Player
DT Wooden
DT K Brooks

DE Herbig
DE Hampton
DE Carter

QB Tune

Last edited:
#1 goal for today: Jaelyn Duncan

Yes, there were actual tackles in the 4th round last year who people didn't think much about, and they ended up starting and playing pretty well.

Let's see if Duncan can be like the Chargers' Jamaree Salyer.

I will add: trade next year's #1 for Jeudy

#1 goal for today: Jaelyn Duncan

Yes, there were actual tackles in the 4th round last year who people didn't think much about, and they ended up starting and playing pretty well.

Let's see if Duncan can be like the Chargers' Jamaree Salyer.
Duncan or Freeland would be a win for me

Duncan or Freeland would be a win for me
Freeland scares me a little bit because he was handled by better competition at the post season all star games.

I never ever trust anything coming out BYU given the lack of competition on their schedule.

I'd like to see us find a developmental OT and WR/TE in the 4th and trade one of the picks for a future 3rd. If we can do that I'll let Bill use the other one on a random QB or RB.

The strongest position left seems to be CB- there are a number of starting quality CBs left - Ringo, Rush, Trice, Phillips, Bennett. I know we want offense but getting one of these guys would be good too.

Still hoping for Jason Dumas FAU little DL want to make a mlb out of him

There are lots of interesting guys who are still available at positions of need:

WR
Tyler Scott
A.T. Perry
Charlie Jones
Bryce Ford- Wheaton

OT
Dawand Jones
Blake Freeland

CB
Kelee Ringo
Terell Smith
Darius Rush
Clark Phillips III
Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson

RB
Israel Abanikanda
Roschon Johnson
Eric Gray
Deuce Vaughn

TE
Will Mallory
Josh Whyle
Zack Kuntz

EDGE
Adetomiwa Adebawore (but probably won’t go edge agajn in the 4th)
https://cdn.espn.com/nfl/draft/best...ndset&locale=US&region=us&lang=en#rank-106844

Shrine Bowl Players whom the Pats reportedly loved:

- Mississippi State Edge Tyrus Wheat
- NC State LB Isaiah Moore 6-foot-2, 234
- Ferris State (D2) LB Caleb Murphy
- Ball State CB Nic Jones
- Southern Mississippi CB Eric Scott Jr. NE’s staff viewed Scott as “the most comfortable corner they had in press coverage”
- Ol’ Miss S A.J. Finley 6’3” 205
- Florida S Trey Dean III (Florida) 6’2.5” 211 (Shrine Bowl Defensive MVP but slow 40 time at combine)
- IOL UCLA Atonio Mafi

Shrine Bowl Player whom the Pats reportedly loved:

I'd like to see us find a developmental OT and WR/TE in the 4th and trade one of the picks for a future 3rd. If we can do that I'll let Bill use the other one on a random QB or RB.

The strongest position left seems to be CB- there are a number of starting quality CBs left - Ringo, Rush, Trice, Phillips, Bennett. I know we want offense but getting one of these guys would be good too.
Can’t have too many Corners

Dawand Jones, Asim Richards, maybe Blake Freeland I like at tackle. After that I'd wait till cuts are made in camp.

At WR I like Andrei Iosavis, Charlie Jones, Tyler Scott and AT Perry just for the size, even though he plays like he has no idea what he's doing.

TE, Josh Whyle, Davis Allen and Payne Durham. At RB I'd like Roschon Johnson or Keaton Mitchell. But there's plenty of decent ones left.

There's two guards I really like left, Chandler Zavala and Antonio Mafi. Both are purely guards and have no positional versatility. But they are big, powerful maulers. Not sure we'll look at guards though.

I just want them to draft a Jones so I can have some Dingledollars!

Im getting ready to board a cruise ship, so I won’t be able to ***** about how BB has wasted 4 4ths.

I fully expect and want BB to use one of them on Turk the punter, he comes from a long line of punting Turks, maybe he can hook up with Dingle’s buddy, Kuntz.

would also like to see them take Sean Tucker, RB Syracuse, he reminds me of Kevin Faulk, and of course, ‘Cuse.

Hellmans from Bama, or Hickman from OSU at safety

Also take a flyer on Dorian Robinson, the UCLA QB.

OK, the ocean is calling me.

This is why he is the best poster here……

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back