PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Packers-Falcons gameday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an embarrassment but I love it. I don't think I could tolerate Rodgers potentially winning the Super Bowl.

I agree. The media's ballwashing of Rodgers would be unbearable.

Since this game is basically over, let's spend a little time being hypothetical and talking Pats - Falcons - specifically, how to defend Atlanta's offense. Many will say to put Butler on Julio, but I wonder if it may be prudent to do it like they did in 2014 and put Butler (a.k.a. Revis) on their 2nd best guy, Sanu, to lock that guy down, then have the big guy Rowe (a.k.a. Browner) cover Julio with a lot of help over the top. Ryan in the slot can cover the third guy, and Chung can cover the TEs... and Hightower, Roberts & the gang can do their best to stop the run while Flowers keeps pressure on Ryan.
I dont think Rowe can outmuscle Jones. Even with safety help, i will take Jones over Rowe + Safety most times

Plus, Jones is a lot quicker in his release than mat thingk.

Since this game is basically over, let's spend a little time being hypothetical and talking Pats - Falcons - specifically, how to defend Atlanta's offense. Many will say to put Butler on Julio, but I wonder if it may be prudent to do it like they did in 2014 and put Butler (a.k.a. Revis) on their 2nd best guy, Sanu, to lock that guy down, then have the big guy Rowe (a.k.a. Browner) cover Julio with a lot of help over the top. Ryan in the slot can cover the third guy, and Chung can cover the TEs... and Hightower, Roberts & the gang can do their best to stop the run while Flowers keeps pressure on Ryan.

The only counter point I have to this is how we played Jones in 2013 with Talib being right on him. It will be interesting..

Jones is such a monster.

Best WR in the NFL.

Question. Healthy Jones or Healthy Gronk. Who do you want?

I'll take the elite Wr every time. Spreads the field more

I do blame Rodgers. He is having a bad game. I just also can't put the entire blame on him. His whole team is sucking. He is the leader but he is getting no help.
That makes sense. It is just that the announcers don't ever seem to give the benefit of the doubt to Brady like they do to Rodgers.

I mean Brady was under siege against Denver and almost brought the Pats back last year.
And this year, the Texans defense was mugging the Pats' WR, but the media just blamed Brady for everything (not much credit to the good defense).

For example that completion to Cook was an off target pass and a good catch by the receiver to bail out Rodgers. Nothing.

Pats should take a cue from the falcons today. Don't mess around and go out there and jump on them.

Steelers are a much better team than GB. I expect NE to win, but it very likely won't be this lopsided, and you shouldn't lose your **** if the game remains close for a while (which I'm sure you will anyways.)

And now the GB OL is getting away with holding every play again.

Good job by Aikman calling out Rodgers for being off.

So, here's what I'm seeing about Rodgers.

He is being overwhelmed by blitzes, specially coming from the side, making him unable to buy time with his feet by scrambling, like he always does.

Because GB's playbook relies so much on Rodgers and his ability to throw from whenever he is, they tend to be longer, with slow developments (10 yard routes and such).

To make matters worse, GB's running game has been even worse than the usual. Rodgers will not win this game by himself

Why not?

He's the Michael Jordan of Football!!!!

No one takes over a football game like Aaron Rodgers!!!!!

There aren't 10 other guys out there on his team, he does it all himself!!!!!!!

All that boring "T-E-A-M" stuff bores us Entertainment and Sports Programming Network "journalists".

Worst red zone defense in the NFL and the Packers are struggling down there.

That was another crappy pass by Rodgers. He is just plain off. Not a good game. Missing passes like Brock O.

how many times have they said 8 game win streak?

He's getting pissed. Totally out of his game.

GB has to go for it on 4th down if it comes to that

Right now Atlanta is a 7 pt underdog in a potential matchup with us.
  • Were #OnToPittsburgh
  • Were #OnToPittsburgh
  • Nothing about the past, nothing about the future, were just #OnToPittsburgh
  • Were getting ready for Pittsburgh
  • Were getting ready for Pittsburgh - that's what we're doing
  • Were gonna game plan and be the best we can be for Sunday night
;)

Bah. Was so looking forward to playing that Packers awful pass D. Apparently Atlanta was, too.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back