PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Nick Folk appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s good. His kicks aren’t pretty, but he makes em.

Huuuuuuuge

Momentum changer he was...

Yep...I was very, Very fearful about sending him out to attempt that 51-yarder, because if he missed it, Barfalo would've had excellent field position + the momentum...but his aim was indeed excellent - right down the middle.

Who knows if Ghost makes that one under those conditions?

He is putting together a pretty nice season for a scrap heap kicker. 9 for 9 on XPs and a shade above league on FGs. And that includes the blocked FG when Newhouse held out the red flag and said "come on through!!"

He is better than what I thought he would, gives us hope in the playoffs !

Exceeding all my expectations

He is putting together a pretty nice season for a scrap heap kicker. 9 for 9 on XPs and a shade above league on FGs. And that includes the blocked FG when Newhouse held out the red flag and said "come on through!!"

And the two misses during flood against Dallas. Can Folk really be blamed?

He was actually doing well for himself in that other football league... can't recall which. So I can't say I'm shocked he's doing well in the NFL too. More surprised no one else had taken a look at him.

You don't know what ya got til it's gone. In a league where most games are decided by less than a score? Not sure of this but I'd bet teams rarely win the SB without having a K who makes the lion's share of kicks.

Good for Folk. We needed this badly. And for him, assuming he keeps this up, he probably has parlayed this into a NFL full second chance. Would be interesting to see how often kickers who majorly tank make it back to the NFL with a multi year deal.

Highly doubt he will be back here but what a pleasant surprise Folk turned out to be. Maybe played himself into another NFL opportunity somewhere.

Folk was a way better overall asset than Sanu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back