PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL NFC CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD - Buccaneers at Packers

Go pack go...
Jocking...
Win the best !

Go pack go...
Jocking...
Win the best !
I took Tampa in this one but this is a massive test for Brady and would be an incredible statement win if they can pull it off. I despise Aaron Rodgers, but it's just as tough to beat him at Lambeau as it was to beat Brady at Gillette and I worry that the Bucs defense is going to offset a good effort by Brady.

But marching through Brees, Rodgers and potentially Mahomes would definitely quiet those who criticize his past wins. Fingers crossed...but I'd be lying if I said I felt confident about this one.

Thanks for posting this, Ian! You've totally changed my day around!

...I thought they played the late game. D'oh! :oops::poop::whistle::haha:

Reactions: Ian
GB DC Mike Pettine LOVES dime defense. Look for TB to go with a lot of 21 personnel; balancing the run with those TEs. This will be a trenches game more so than most. Two things I’m looking forward to are the following:
-DT Vita Vea returning (which optimizes TB’s run D) & allows those pass rushers (JPP, Suh, Barrett) to feast.
-GB has a top 3 offense of all time in efficiency. Extremely balanced. Can they run on TB with Vea in the middle? Will another receiving weapon (MVS, Tonyan, Lazard) step up IF they take Adams away?

Also, AB & Winfield are inactive. Two big losses. Lets see if TB can take advantage/expose GB LT Bakhtiari being out.

With that being said; Go Bucs!

i see some bucs fans saying that even if they win this game Winfield and AB probably won’t be 100% by the super bowl

i see some bucs fans saying that even if they win this game Winfield and AB probably won’t be 100% by the super bowl

2 weeks. If they advance they will be ready. Just find a way and win today.

I can't stand the Pack or Rodgers...I hope last week wasn't the Bucs SB and they aren't overlooking GB, it sure seems from reading posts on this board, that this game is a foregone conclusion. I am hoping for at least a competitive game.

It kind of sux, to not be playing championship weekend.

AB has started only 5 games and had 5 TDs. 1 per game.

Lol at this 2009 hot take linked by PFT today

I can't stand the Pack or Rodgers...I hope last week wasn't the Bucs SB and they aren't overlooking GB, it sure seems from reading posts on this board, that this game is a foregone conclusion. I am hoping for at least a competitive game.

Well they know what’s at stake. Not only a super bowl appearance but a chance to host it.

Love Brady....but....everything, including this ref crew, is in GB's favor. Blakeman is better than Boger, but that's not saying much. I expect a lot of O holding calls on TB and virtually none on GB. THE most important issue AFAIC is the TB WR's holding on to the ball. If they continue the parade of drops, TB has no chance.

Love Brady....but....everything, including this ref crew, is in GB's favor. Blakeman is better than Boger, but that's not saying much. I expect a lot of O holding calls on TB and virtually none on GB. THE most important issue AFAIC is the TB WR's holding on to the ball. If they continue the parade of drops, TB has no chance.

I have that on my mind as well. Joke . I will be looking at every call. I think it’s important for Tampa to play ahead to start the game. A slow start could be a problem especially with shady officials.

As a Patriots geezer fan since 1970, I could never have imagined even thinking that...

...pre-2001. :oops: But it does suck.

To quote Joni Mitchell... another geezer... don't it always seem to go... that you don't know what you've got til it's gone.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back