Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

peyton manning or richard sherman. who would you rather see winning the SB?

• Peyton Manning

Votes: 51 27.0%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 138 73.0%

• Total voters
there i said it. I don't mind peyton winning it all. peyton is classy guy who respects the game. and peyton winning his 2nd only fuels Brady & pats fire. it only adds to the legacy of this great rivalry.

i just can't stand guys like richard sherman. i really can't stand him. sherman winning it all will not be fun. imagine all the trash talk he will say every time he is getting interviewed.

anybody with me?

obnoxious dude is obnoxious
Richard Sherman rant on Michael Crabtree!! 2014 NFC championship1/19/2014 - YouTube

Yep, I want the Broncos. Sherman is a great player who talks a lot of **** and Trent Dilfer said he has earned the right to talk ****. So have Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, but they don't act that way, screaming into the camera. The Seahaws are punks.

The Seattle D is everything I hope the Patriots D can become. Therefore, I vote Sherman.

Patriots D won't ever become that when they let guys like Avril and Bennett go to Seattle for cheap. In this NFL, Defense starts with consistent pressure on the quarterback...vicious, evil pressure.

You are equating a trash talking CB in the NFC to a QB that is always in contention of being considered the greatest QB of our generation. You really want him to have another ring bringing him one step closer to Brady? I sure as hell don't. Maybe that's my bias homer mentality but I can't stand any more Manning ball washing.

in this life either you are a brady guy or a peyton guy. It's a great rivalry and I appreciate peyton's greatness. Peyton makes brady better. vice versa. IMO peyton & brady are 2 of the greatest QB ever walked on Earth. and they will be 1a and 1b IMO.

i'll be happy for peyton to overcome all the trials and tribulations. dude came from 4 neck surgery and about win his 2nd SB.

and this will only fuel brady's fire. when brady wins his 4th SB debate will be over anyway.

i just hate guys like sherman. i hate that kind of bully. he really is a bully. don't let his stanford education fool you. he always was obnoxious prick.

oh by the way, i also hate pete caroll. :p

Patriots D won't ever become that when they let guys like Avril and Bennett go to Seattle for cheap. In this NFL, Defense starts with consistent pressure on the quarterback...vicious, evil pressure.

Yep and the pass rush of Seattle is pretty sick also, both SF. and Seattle were after the QB's today, manning can't run away...

Sherman isn't insecure, he's insane. He's a sociopathic thug from SouthCentral LA who has had all his sins washed away by the NFL hype machine. He acts like a crazed street thug because he IS.

Sounds like the perfect NFL DB to me.

I agree with the original poster.

I used to hate manning, but now I don't -- I respect his play and personality. And I don't dislike Welker at all. I absolutely hate Sherman's nonstop trashtalking antics.
It won't be an easy call, but I think I'll be rooting for Denver (and hopefully the Pats can come back next year with a vengeance so the title spread ends up 4-2)

Dear fellow patriots fans

1. peyton manning is not a devil. his fans are.
2. peyton manning is classy. richard sherman isn't.
3. peyton manning never bad mouthed tom brady. richard sherman did.
4. richard sherman is a prick who will not shut his mouth up. he will probably talk trash 100 times more when he wins a SB

results are pretty shocking to me. i'm not that insecure about peyton vs. brady rivalry...

Peyton x 1 million. Screw that classless SOB Sherman.

I harbor no hate for Peyton Manning whatsoever... it's silly. He's one of the greatest QB of our time. And he's always been a classy individual. Brady and Manning, these are the guys that every young player should try to emulate. They've always had a friendly rivalry. But it's a rivalry of greatness... not hate!

So, go Peyton!

I meant the context of his trash talk is related to on the field things, which that clips backs up. He's talking about being the best corner in the league, which is an on-the-field issue.

i just hate all the trash talking. i'm kinda tired of it. whatever happened to good old handshakes after the game is over? whatever happened to gracious winners?

i'm just tired of biceps kissing, superman posing, NFL.

i remember that dude talking trash to friggin skip bayless(who i have no respect for). he wan't joking either.

and i hate pete carroll for not controlling him. BB wouldn't allow this kinda crap.

OP, Are you kidding? I would rather have Manning loose any day. I have been disgusted for years about the ball washing and preferential treatment given to Manning. Shall we start from "changing the rules"? Such sentiment is not overcome by reaction to comeuppance by a trash talking CB.

Go Seahawks. Do some thing that the Bolts and Pats couldn't do - i.e. lay a finger on Manning.

Richard Sherman interview Angry at Michael Crabtree - YouTube

Or that. Look at the above link and tell me that Sherman isn't everything you would want in our defensive backfield.

OK, Kontra, I will tell you that video you posted a link to is EXACTLY why he is not "everything I would want" in "our" defensive backfield, or anywhere else on the Pats. What the hell is wrong with expecting a minimum level of sportsmanship? The fact that he is so devoid of self control in this situation tells me a lot about how much I'd not want him on my favorite team. They just finished a season that was profoundly impacted by someone's utter disregard for self-control, so for me it is very much "no thanks" to another ticking time bomb.

Don't really care about Sherman either way. Never gave him much thought. But between Manning and Petey, I prefer the latter to win. While I wanted to ring his neck his last year in NE, I still think he got a bit of a raw deal here, and I've always liked him.

Go Seahawks!!!

and i hate pete carroll for not controlling him. BB wouldn't allow this kinda crap.

no BB wouldn't allow that type of personality but horses for courses and I think Carroll is the right type of coach for a fast rising upstart team like seattle.

you don't need to be carry the BB persona to win in this league, lets not conflate BB's intelligence with his demeanor. the league would be very boring and homogenized if everyone behaved like BB. He's not a saint, opposing fans find his passive aggressive stance very grating as well. So I don't understand this BB wouldn't allow this type of thinking. BB should learn to suppress his ego sometimes actually.

I just want Denver to lose. After watching the team of Lewis, Suggs, and Pollard win it all last year, the "I don't want to se so and so win it" thing is done for me.

I want Seattle to win because I want BB to finally realize that unless he fixes our defense we will always lose, he will see that defense wins...

I hate Richard Sherman with a passion, but I can't root for Manning. I am rooting for a massive northeaster to bury the stadium in snow that they have declare a draw.

I'd like to see Welker get a ring although not with Manning.

OK, Kontra, I will tell you that video you posted a link to is EXACTLY why he is not "everything I would want" in "our" defensive backfield, or anywhere else on the Pats. What the hell is wrong with expecting a minimum level of sportsmanship? The fact that he is so devoid of self control in this situation tells me a lot about how much I'd not want him on my favorite team. They just finished a season that was profoundly impacted by someone's utter disregard for self-control, so for me it is very much "no thanks" to another ticking time bomb.

Rodney Harrison used to talk trash exactly like that. He threatened to punch FANS in the mouth. That kind of attitude is exactly what we need on both sides of the ball if the Lombardi trophy is to come back to New England.

It's not just Sherman... half the Seahawks seem to be on PEDs and have been busted for it. And Sherman's lack of class is extended to the crowd. They were throwing food at Navorro Bowman while he was carted off! This is not a team or fanbase that deserves a Super Bowl victory.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back