PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Week 9 Pats @ Ravens

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravens celebrating their Lombardi

They got what they deserved, didn’t even show up tonight. No emotion, no fight. Before they knew it, it was 17-0. They can’t defend the RPO, they’ve never been able to stop it.

Frustrating, but when you’re down 17-0, then claw back to 17-13, and fumble away a TD, you lose. Then Brady with the ******ed INT, just a horribly BAD throw that had no chance.

Just a lot of head scratchers in this game. I’m not feeling completely negative, I think this will be a wake up call. A couple of those wins, it’s obvious they were lucky they were playing ****ty teams. A wake up call can be helpful. They know they have a lot to work on. That falls on a lot of people, coaching included, personnel moves, etc. Harry needs to play, Damien Harris needs to play (they have no running game). Some weird calls on the inactives.

Thanks for dropping the knowledge. Even the commentators were like, the OL clearly pulled his QB over the goalline. Should have been called. We might get an apology by New York a few days from now but it will do nothing to change the results. Some pretty fishy officiating tonight.

Regardless of the terrible officials, the Patriots beat themselves tonight except on this one flagrantly wrong noncall.

It is illegal.

OTHER PROHIBITED ACTS
Article 5
(a) (b)
(c) (d)
No offensive player may:
lift a runner to his feet or pull him in any direction at any time; or;
use interlocking interference, by grasping a teammate or by using his hands or arms to encircle the body of a teammate; or
trip an opponent; or
push or throw his body against a teammate to aid him in an attempt to obstruct an opponent or to recover a loose ball.
Penalty: For assisting the runner, interlocking interference, tripping, illegal use of hands, arms, or body by the offense: Loss of 10 yards.

https://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

So they've been blowing the whistle for forward progress all night and then let Jackson have half an hour at the goal line?

Crew took the bribe today...
Illegal TD too. Pulling your teammate forward is 100% illegal.

That iggles game is looking big for this team now. They gonna have to bring our their best in two weeks
I was hoping for a 12-4 season for the #1 seed this year. The Eagles game is just another game like all of the rest. One isn't more important than the other until they do clinch.

Pats had the knife to Baltimore’s throat in the third quarter. Through a combination of crap luck and bad officiating, they lost the game. Next time these two teams play it will be different. That’s why this loss is less painful to me than most.

The million dollar question is where that game will occur. Harbaugh doesnt lay down that's for sure.

Cheffers to Jackson:

How'd I do? Look convincing?

The offense will improve, they have to address the softness in the middle on D

Post Game Thread now up...going to close this thread in a few

Oh well.

I didn't say our defense was bad, but it's certainly not the boogiemen they have made themselves to be. For God's sake who did we really beat? The Dolphins? The Jets? The Browns?

The Ravens beat a bunch of 3-13 teams, and two 9-7 teams on their way to a 12-4 record.

As bad as he played he obviously needs the game reps as practice.
He didn’t play bad. We had momentum and Jules fumbled and gave it back to the Ravens and we couldn’t recapture it

We're On To Bye Week. LETS GO!

It's just amazing how excited these teams get when they beat the Pats.

Yea, break out the banners!!

OhNoes.

They have lost.

2 weeks of bad feels to follow.

The intentional grounding probably pissed me off the most. That flag is never thrown, and the only reason there wasn't a receiver in the area is because he was clearly interfered with in the first place. The ref was just pissed that that Brady had some words for him and decided to throw a retaliatory flag because he's an egocentric ***** who can't handle his job.
That was as indefensible of a call as there has ever been. That jackass should be permanently banned from officiating for the NFL just for that play. No trace of a flag, and then Brady complains about PI, and then the ref throws the flag? It's not possible for corruption to be more blatant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots