PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD WEEK 6: New England at Las Vegas

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully that turnover came in Las Vegas' end of the field (their own 34). Patriots defense isn't put in a bad spot and they have a chance to at least avoid falling further behind.
Ever the optimist lol!

don't look now, interception J E T S JETS JETS JETS

That wasn't a bad decision. He attempted a throw to a wide open receiver. Bad throw.
His brain made a bad decision to fire the wrong neurons that caused his shoulder to make a bad throw

************. This guy finally looks like he's got it together again and playing competently. I was about to make a post about how I guess all it takes to get Mac to stop blowing it single-handedly was to tell the press that he's 1-and-a-half feet out the door if he screws up one more time. But of course, he can't help himself. It's like he HAS to be the hero or something. Get him out of there, I can't do it anymore.
Was going to say the same thing. He was having a good second quarter (8/11 for 97yds) and then threw that pick...beyond frustrating.

We rode the entire year with Cam Newton in 2020. It's gonna be Mac all year and probably should be

There are two elite QBs in this draft. You take one if you pick in the top three. Don’t overthink it.

With the Cardinals and Bears both having two high first round picks this year, there is an opportunity that if the Pats have the #1 pick that they can trade down and still get Maye.

But we heard the same thing in 2021. Lawrence is a good, not great QB and the rest of the QBs in that draft are likely to be playing for other teams than they were drafted on next season. And when I say playing, I mean most likely back ups.

This draft is very top heavy with offensive talent. The Pats can get two or three elite players for trading away the pick.

Besides, I heard that there is an USC alumni already offering to pay $8 million to Caleb Williams to stay another year.

Tannehill is hurt. Titans might need a QB. Just saying…

How good is David Copperfield's arm?

Henry was wide open, Mac can't make a real throw to save his life. He is not an NFL caliber QB throwing downfield or on the run. That wasn't a difficult throw.
It was a difficult throw as it was across his body on the back foot while running. That is a horrible way to do it. Very different than throwing it to the right while running.

He should have stopped and reset his feet. If he could not do that he should have thrown it away.

I feel like Bill just motions to this at Kraft and says "NOW can we be done? This is like his 19th second chance."
And Kraft should say… “yeah you and Mac can leave you’ve both had enough second chances”.

This throw should be the end of Mac as a starter. How many mistakes this guy should make to open BB eyes?
Problem is according to sources… Mac was Krafts guy…. And BB is going to keep him in there until Bob K tells him to get him out or trade him.

He is a frightened anxious nervous wreck. But BB stupidly does not have a prepared alternative back up option

That wasn't a bad decision. He attempted a throw to a wide open receiver. Bad throw.
The bad decision was throwing across his body on the run and back foot. He should have reset his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe