PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread - Week 5 Pats @ Redskins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots are going to have to win like the 2015 or whatever Broncos. Fading quarterback with a dominating defense.

The guys are having a tough time to get open in the end zone. Red zone offense is an issue and no tight end...

Wait a minute....Phil Dorsett strained his hamstring against the redskins?! How did he do it?! Jogging over to give his phone number to a cheerleader?! What?!?!

That last play near the goal line, WAS rushed three and dropped 8 into coverage. Nobody’s going to get open right away on that, and it’s even worse that Brady was almost sacked instantly. Been like that all game.

If we can’t run, and can’t block just 3 pass rushers, that’s a serious problem up front. And our best guys (Cannon, Mason) have been some of our worst.

Im sorry I could be wrong and hope I am but I'm telling you what I see.
He has no protection from the oline and Dorsett and Edelman are both hurting right now. Add no running game and you have poor offensive output.

Patriots are going to have to win like the 2015 or whatever Broncos. Fading quarterback with a dominating defense.

Bingo. I think the end of Brady is very near. People can be blind whatever but this feels exactly like the 2015 Broncos.

They cannot run or pass. The defense is more likely to score a TD than the offense.

The run game is seriously concerning. How awful must these guys be blocking where the coaching staff seems to have decided not to include running in today’s game plan.

Boy we had better get our **** together before week 8 or things will get a lot tougher

before the season started , many of us were excited about the WR's, now not so much !!

It's hard to evaluate our WRs when our OL can't give Brady time to throw.

And as much as Brady was known as the QB who stood in the pocket and made throws even when getting hit, Brady is playing now like what any sane 42 year old would feel about taking hits from 300lbs+ guys.

Adversity is probably good for this team long term. A fair bit of sloppiness so far. We're one missed tackle away from a shutout, however, and if Brady hits Gordon on that early throw, this is well on its way to a laugher.

Also: who figured Michel would have more receiving yards than White by halftime today?

Yes adversity can be a good thing. But the OL is putrid. Receivers aren't getting open. And Brady is taking unnecessary sacks at time. Oh, and he's been a liability the past two weeks. Two absolute mind blowing picks.

The offense is struggling against the Redskins. What will happen against Cleveland? Or Baltimore?

Let me be clear.

I dont think brady is the issue.

I think brady having zero weapons and a apparenrly garbage oline is the issue

No one can work with that

Like? Harry is a rookie. Watson is 38. Where are these players coming from?

The OL will be immediately much more stable with Wynn and Watson who actually is at least an average blocker. This will in turn open up the run game which will the team less one dimensional. Have you checked the pass/run stats today ?

Having Edelman and Dorsett healthy will make a difference and getting another big YAC guy like Harry will be huge.

The offense will look completely different post BYE and when we get to the games that matter.

If there is anything I have absolute faith in Brady, McDaniels, Scar and BB figuring it out.

Very disappointed in Cannon so far. He's not playing like a top 5 RT.
The holding call on Karras looked to be BS because the rusher fell and had Karras on the outside of the pads, taking them both down..

Brady needs a good OL. Wilson or Mahomes would be fine behind this line and would torch defenses but the guy is 42. Without a good running game and good OL he will make terrible decisions and this offense will be like the 2015 Broncos.

2015 Broncos won the SB in a laughter.

Let me be clear.

I dont think brady is the issue.

I think brady having zero weapons and a apparenrly garbage oline is the issue

No one can work with that

Mahomes would have us at 27+ points now make no mistake about.

before the season started , many of us were excited about the WR's, now not so much !!
Because they cut/traded most of them. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes