PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread - Week 2 Pats @ Dolphins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate being out of the market. I cant watch the game

People make it sound like a draft failure when the rookies are inactive. It isn't, the players in front of them are really really good. They would be playing for basically any other team in the league.

Dolphins have made Drake available according to reports (Jay Glazer). Should the Patriots get him? Last thing we need is him going to a team like the Chiefs or Chargers.

Marshall Newhouse is this guy in case anybody was unaware

Harris and Williams inactive is disappointing.
Why? Harris doesn’t play special teams ( I believe) and got dinged up at the end of preseason. Who would you sit instead of him at this point?

Williams strength is playing physical against tall physical wide receivers. Neither the Steelers nor the Dolphins have that. I don’t think the Jets or Bills do either (will need to check) so unless someone gets injured I’d expect him inactive against them too.

People make it sound like a draft failure when the rookies are inactive. It isn't, the players in front of them are really really good. They would be playing for basically any other team in the league.
Depends if you consider them 'really really good' or not. I would put Michel and White in that group, I hoped Harris would leapfrog Burkhead.

Dolphins have made Drake available according to reports (Jay Glazer). Should the Patriots get him? Last thing we need is him going to a team like the Chiefs or Chargers.
We already have a million backs and we’d have to pay a premium to get him in division. I think KC is set at running back now.

Why? Harris doesn’t play special teams ( I believe) and got dinged up at the end of preseason. Who would you sit instead of him at this point?

Williams strength is playing physical against tall physical wide receivers. Neither the Steelers nor the Dolphins have that. I don’t think the Jets or Bills do either (will need to check) so unless someone gets injured I’d expect him inactive against them too.

Preston Williams and Devante Parker are pretty tall and physical.

Inactives with comparison to injury reports.

Week 2 at Miami:
RB Brandon Bolden (hamstring, out)
OT Marcus Cannon (shoulder, questionable)
DE Deatrich Wise
CB Joejuan Williams
RB Damien Harris
WR Jakobi Meyers
OL Jermaine Eluemunor
  • The only two-week inactives are rookie healthy scratches: Williams and Harris
  • Meyers hits the bench to make room for Antonio Brown
  • Wise sits to make room for Van Noy
  • Cunningham adds depth with Cannon hurt
  • Cowart and Cunningham get their first real game with the Pats

Week 1 vs Steelers:
Safety Obi Melifonwu (ankle)
WR Demaryius Thomas (hamstring)
LB Kyle Van Noy (birth of first child)
CB Joejuan Williams
RB Damien Harris
DL Byron Cowart
OL Korey Cunningham
  • Williams, Harris and Cowart are rookies
  • Cunningham had only been with the team for 10 days

With the exception of those having a child I am assuming if a player was not on an injury report and was inactive, then he was a healthy scratch.

2019 Healthy Scratches:
(2) CB Joejuan Williams
(2) RB Damien Harris
(1) DE Deatrich Wise
(1) WR Jakobi Meyers
(1) OL Jermaine Eluemunor
(1) DL Byron Cowart
(1) OL Korey Cunningham

Williams and Meyers are likely to be inactive all season baring injuries..

14 minutes until kickoff and the place is 30% full

OT but still Florida news :D

Atleast the 17 curse is broken. What's left? Cooks broke 14 curse despite the jokes he had a 1k season in his first year in New England as a WR no small feat considering the complexity of our system.

The #17 curse isn't broken yet.. Brown needs to actually do something tangible before we can say it is broken.

Not sure what #14 Curse you're referring to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes