PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Week 17 Dolphins @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see J Jones is active and he's good to go. Wonder if they will manage his workload today.

Thats what we all said a couple of weeks ago about JMac. I hope they are being more careful with Jones.

Today in my mind is all about the offense building off of and continuing what they did against the Bills. That as always starts with the offensive line.

Harry has really been coming around to and is the guy I want to continue to see something from. He's the most talented WR we have (no disrespect to Edelman) and I want to see him continue to do impressive things when they get the ball in his hands. They need to quickly elevate him to a #2 WR. He looks nearly ready to make that jump.

3rd WR is another big issue here. They need someone to step up and fill that role who isn't a RB. Sanu, Dorsett and Meyers simply aren't getting it done. They are all averaging about 25 YPG (less for Sanu if you only count the days he was a Patriot). One needs to step up. Right now Meyers is the most likely candidate TBH. He has had the occasion big day now and then with 50 yards. Sanu on the other hand seems to be stuck in the 15-25 range and can't seem to break out.

and before his injury he played 466 snaps in 10 games

Yeah. Clearly the groin injury is lingering. There was nothing nefarious in the original post

@patsinthesnow - Love how you disagree with facts. SMH.. Let me guess. In your world, Snow is purple. Grass is indigo.

Last 7 games:
Week 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17.

Hint: McCourty played in week 11 and had 51 snaps. That means saying 8 snaps in last 7 games is false. And McCourty didn't play in weeks 12, 13, 15 and 17. So you generally don't count those. So HIS last 7 games would be:
Week 6,7,8,9,11,14,16.

He saw LOTS of snaps during those games.. Far more than 8. OH. and it was 9 snaps in the last 2 games he played. 8 on Defense and 1 on Special Teams.

He played 8 defensive snaps in his last 6 games. My apologies. Enjoy the game

Last edited:
No Taco Sunday

This season just flew by so fast. :(

Harris may have got more yards than the veterans who have only come alive in the last few games ?...we will not know

How long have you been following the Patriots? Serious question. In fact, have you actually watched any of the games this year?

This team is a reward based team. You outplay someone at your position during practice, you will get snaps ahead of that person in the game. It's been that way for 2 decades. Are you seriously trying to tell everyone that it's your belief that Harris outperformed Michel, White, Burkhead and Bolden in practice and that Ivan Fears, Josh McDaniels and Bill Belichick ignored it?

The reason that the "veterans have only come alive in the last few games" is because they got Isaiah Wynn back and Mason started playing much better in the run game. From games 2-10, the Patriots were without Wynn and had to rely on Newhouse. Newhouse was below average in both the run game and pass protection. Neither Mason nor Cannon played particularly well during those games. It was mentioned by numerous posters in the game day threads and post game threads.

Cant argue with that , well done

Yeah. Clearly the groin injury is lingering. There was nothing nefarious in the original post

He played 8 defensive snaps in his last 6 games. My apologies. Enjoy the game

Again. This is false. He played 8 defensive snaps in his last 2 games. He played just 8 defensive snaps in the Patriots last 6 INCLUDING Today. You can keep disagreeing all you want. Repeating a lie over and over won't make it the truth.

Looking forward to seeing Fitztragic hit for the cycle :D

See you in 2020, Harris.
That’s not necessarily a guarantee. Dude couldn’t get on the field in the last 10 weeks of the season and only had four carries on the year (all in the Jets game).

That’s not necessarily a guarantee. Dude couldn’t get on the field in the last 10 weeks of the season and only had four carries on the year (all in the Jets game).

Because he had Michel, White, Burkhead and Bolden ahead of him. Just like White had Blount, Ridley, Vereen and Bolden ahead of him during his rookie year.

We could really break it down and look at the fact that Burkhead and Bolden have both played on coverage units so they also bring that versatility to the roster. I could be wrong, but I don't believe that Harris has that versatility, does he?

Made it to the bar. Tonic and cranberry for me. Still on the wagon. Winning isnt as high but losing isnt as low... Go Pats

Credit to Flores. Winning 4 games w these guys ? Add many new faces (many coming from practice squad signees)... Three first rounders.

Back down south, so I get the Pats game.

Come on Pats, let’s LSU the Dolphins!!!

Credit to Flores. Winning 4 games w these guys ? Add many new faces (many coming from practice squad signees)... Three first rounders.

After their first few games, I was convinced they would not win a single game and he would be fired. Impressive to see how he held the team together and how he got them to improve as the season went on.

I expect to key on FB play. I think Roberts has grown in this pivotal, needed role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe