PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted them to start Zappe, but it really isn't fair to make a final judgment on Mac with a bad oline and amateur hour in the playcalling department.
They aren't going to change the playcaller

Mac has been under constant duress, looks like someone got his arm/ball on that int

Oline is a total mess

It isn’t Mac‘s fault that Cannon let his guy go right past and and get a piece of the ball while Jones is throwing.
Nope. I was being sarcastic before, but the OL is being beaten like a rented mule. Still, Mac needs to have better pocket presence. Agholor was his outlet receiver underneath but he chose to hold the ball longer for the home run shot to Bourne even though he’s been running for his life all day.

That was ~3 seconds from snap to throw on the INT throw. Gotta get it out a pinch sooner. I'd like to blame Cannon, but it's not 100% on him.

All was good while it lasted. We seem to vastly inferior to jets on both offense and defense.

BB isn't making that mistake again
No need to put zappe in behind this OL. There’s still hope for him to carve out a decent career.

I wonder if the Jets will run up the score?

Mac has been under constant duress, looks like someone got his arm/ball on that int

Oline is a total mess
the OL played fine for Zappe. I guess they just don’t want to play for Mac

Given how bad we look on both sides of the field, we could get a pretty high pick, next year in the draft.

It isn’t Mac‘s fault that Cannon let his guy go right past and and get a piece of the ball while Jones is throwing.
At some point you need some sort of pocket awareness, no? Isn’t Mac smart? Your line isn’t playing particularly well so at some point you should step up into the pocket and do something.

Yes, his arm was hit. BUT, he could have actually stepped up into the pocket. And he could have hit Agholar earlier and shorter.

There is more to the play than simply a hit arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST