PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Dolphins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Looking forward to a bounce back game after last weeks poor performance. Bill usually does very well against rookie QB'S. Would like to see continued improvement
from our young players and it would be great to see our young tight ends get involved today. A win and we're still in it. You never know!!!

Tough break that we don't have Harris today, but lets see what Sony can do. Of course hoping for no injuries.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!! Go Pats!!!!!

Let's discuss!!!!!!

I think Pats avoid elimination today in all scenarios with a win today. I’d like our season to still be alive after Christmas. That’s not a bad thing to hang your hat on in a down year.

I see this being a grinder. Go Pats, squish the fish.

Ready to go too...go Pats

I am interested in continued development of the likes of : Uche, Duggar, Jennings, Onwenu.

I don’t think NE will win all three remaining contests, but if this rag-tag gang finishes 9-7, it’d be quite the year. Even 8-8 would be amazing.

This team is likely 7-9 or better. But the amount of pouting around here makes it seem like NE hasn’t sniffed the playoffs in a decade (when in fact they won the SB less than 24 months ago).

@farn every once in a while you surprise me with a great post jk:evil: but you make some really good points. Jennings gets overlooked at times with the recent play of Uche and Dugger, but hoping he can continue to improve as well. Onwenu is interesting, I think he can without a doubt be a pro bowl guard very soon, but we have two pro bowl caliber player there already...hoping he can improve at RT...If he does, an O-line of Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason and Onwenu would be one of the best, if not the best in the league. Something to look forward to!!!

@farn every once in a while you surprise me with a great post jk:evil: but you make some really good points. Jennings gets overlooked at times with the recent play of Uche and Dugger, but hoping he can continue to improve as well. Onwenu is interesting, I think he can without a doubt be a pro bowl guard very soon, but we have two pro bowl caliber player there already...hoping he can improve at RT...If he does, an O-line of Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason and Onwenu would be one of the best, if not the best in the league. Something to look forward to!!!
People get far too hung up on draft position. Both Brady and Onwenu were 6th rounders. Wasn’t Koppen a 5th ? #11 in the 7th.

If Onwenu goes on to merit 2-3 Allstar nods, the 2020 draft gets a big boost. Is he not getting national consideration as a top 15 player to come out this year ?

The OL is crucial. The 2018 season SB was in large part because of them. Then, as injuries ravaged 2019, they dipped - as did the team’s fortunes. This year they’ve been solid. You could make a case that it’s been the key to getting them close to .500 !

...and often, with BB, you don’t see how much the player will contribute to a championship during the first year or two : examples of that are Flowers, Vereen, White, Cannon, Edelman, Chung...

This game is going to be a mess

Sony is starting isnt he?

People get far too hung up on draft position. Both Brady and Onwenu were 6th rounders. Wasn’t Koppen a 5th ? #11 in the 7th.

Pats need to draft a QB next year and getting the GOAT in the 6th round was a stroke of incredible luck. One can always hope!

Just as an aside, the 2004 starting OL had two UDFAs, a 5th, a 7th and a 2nd.

Glad to see Taylor back....wonder what is going on with J. Williams, hope he's not a healthy scratch....
It’s a legit concern... I’m a huge BB apologist, but it’d be disingenuous to claim he hasn’t had his share of WR and (second round) DB misses.

I don’t even consider JoeJuan when I’m looking ahead and tracking building blocks for the future.

Losing doesn't cost as much as it used to.

The Panthers won 5 games last year and they fired their HC. Nobody expected the Panthers to turn it around in 1 season. Carolina lost their best player in McCafferty and Brees, Brady and Ryan still in the division.

Still Bridgewater has nearly 3 times the passing TDs of Cam. Where would the Pats be today with 10 more passing TDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back