PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Lions @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what the future brings, can't say Zappe isn't taking advantage of his opportunity. 80% completion, a great pass mishandled for the pick being the only real downer. Showing pocket awareness but no panic. Looks like he is correctly identifying the D.

Drives are ending with scores - FG's only, true, but they are getting points. Lots to build on. Add to that a D that is really taking charge.
This this.. Glad people are seeing it. Saw it last game after that blindside sack

He's Mac-lite. Very similar players imo but what do I know.
After the game I would be interested in any follow-up you have on this, that isn't quite so evident to me, but IMHO you are one of the two or three most knowledgable posters on this Forum, I would be interested in your reasons and observations.

The way that they seem similar is: both appear to be very cerebral QBs that understood their college offense to a "t", and Mac appeared to be a quick learner (for a rookie) of the Patriots offense last year. And Zappe would appear to be a quick learner also (he did pretty well last week when he was suddenly thrown in the game), although of course the Patriots are treating him in a way similar to how they treated Mac early in his rookie year, not asking too much.

But to me they seem quite a bit different, let me make my arguments (unburdened by any actual knowledge on the subject):

* Mac 6'2 1/2", Zappe 6'0 1/2", Zappe is a bit small for a non-athletic QB
* Mac trained in a near-pro environment under Saban and Sarkisian; Zappe at a super small school (Western Kentucky)
* Mac has won National Championship, Zappe played for a decent 9-5 Conference USA team
* IMHO Mac is the ultimate "do exactly what the coach says" guy who obsessively watches film and prepares and in the past tried to minimize mistakes almost to a fault (I can only assume Patricia is telling him to open things up this year and take more risks); I got the impression that Zappe was more of a create-out-of-nothing type in college
* EDIT: Also: Mac games started in college - 17, Zappe games started in college - 51, so that is one way that Zappe as a rookie has an experience edge over Mac as a rookie, albeit, against far inferior competition.

Anyway, after the game I would like to hear more about your comparison of Mac to Zappe.

Last edited:
In other news, who’s the QB for the fins now? Yikes.

Very glad the Agholor fumble didn't cost us. The rest has looked pretty nice, Wynn probably needs to be on the bench though. I have not seen Myles Bryant so he's either doing ok or not playing? I did see Marcus Jones out there on a key incompletion
I think Bryant was on the field for the first series. I haven't seen him since.

Need more Thornton and NO Agholor.
christopher walken cowbell GIF

In other news, who’s the QB for the fins now? Yikes.

So Bridgewater PASSES his concussion test yet he is still out for the game because of the new NFL concussion policy.

What a joke. Typical NFL overreaction. If you pass the test, then you passed the test. Let him play. If not, why bother with the test charade?

After the game I would be interested in any follow-up you have on this, that isn't quite so evident to me, but IMHO you are one of the two or three most knowledgable posters on this Forum, I would be interested in your reasons and observations.

The way that they seem similar is: both appear to be very cerebral QBs that understood their college offense to a "t", and Mac appeared to be a quick learner (for a rookie) of the Patriots offense last year. And Zappe would appear to be a quick learner also (he did pretty well last week when he was suddenly thrown in the game), although of course the Patriots are treating him in a way similar to how they treated Mac early in his rookie year, not asking too much.

But to me they seem quite a bit different, let me make my arguments (unburdened by any actual knowledge on the subject):

* Mac 6'2 1/2", Zappe 6'0 1/2", Zappe is a bit small for a non-athletic QB
* Mac trained in a near-pro environment under Saban and Sarkisian; Zappe at a super small school (Western Kentucky)
* Mac has won National Championship, Zappe played for a decent 9-5 Conference USA team
* IMHO Mac is the ultimate "do exactly what the coach says" guy who obsessively watches film and prepares and in the past tried to minimize mistakes almost to a fault (I can only assume Patricia is telling him to open things up this year and take more risks); I got the impression that Zappe was more of a create-out-of-nothing type in college

Anyway, after the game I would like to hear more about your comparison of Mac to Zappe.
Didn’t realize zappe was that short. Height is one of my biggest requirements for a QB

Judon has been a monster so far. Keep putting pressure on Goff!

I think Bryant was on the field for the first series. I haven't seen him since.

THanks, I had figured if he wasn't getting toasted he was probably on the bench. Has Marcus Jones been in alot?

Don't see the Lions coming back

NFL and logic have nothing to do with each other. See IGL, eg.
So Bridgewater PASSES his concussion test yet he is still out for the game because of the new NFL concussion policy.

What a joke. Typical NFL overreaction. If you pass the test, then you passed the test. Let him play. If not, why bother with the test chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes