PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Cowboys @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac is 7 of 7 for 100 yds + TD and we're up 14-10.

Anyway you look at it that's a win.

I'm triggered.

Yea there's a lot of criticism the coaching staff deserves but running out the clock against the best offense after getting nothing on a first down run is really not that bad

Well yeah, since they should have not run at all when they had no Timeouts. You're using a bad outcome (no gain) on a bad call (to run the ball), to justify an even worse call (to kneel for the rest of the half).

I think the team senses that this is a defining game. If we win this game, we'll finish this season with a winning record.

Well

early signs for the 2021 Gm decisions are quite decent

in fact, this year, BB the coach is letting BB the GM down.
That and injuries and poor execution.

Well all things considered. Up 4 going into the half with the ball is better than most of us hoped. But the Cowboys won't be contained as much in the 2nd half. We need to convert on our offensive chances and put up some point. We need to take chances in the passing game. We need to run effectively. We need to be more creative with our play calling. Small ball won't win it for us. We can't play it too safe on that side, try to run the clock out and and put up 10 more and win. We need TDs. Probably at least need to hit 28.

What a coward call with 1:30 left. Fcuk that.

WE(I) looked pretty good 1st half, D esp in red zone. Mac good as usual . Hope we can keep it up

That's ridiculous.

Are you saying you would like them to try and do something with the 1:32 (which should have been almost 2 minutes) if Cowboys had scored a TD and we were down 3 pts, but because of the fumble and we're up 4pts you like the call that we let the time run out instead of running a 2 minute drill?!?!?

That makes no sense. 4 pts is nothing. We should be trying to score of the possession.
I ask you, what if Mac goes back and turns it over again and Dallas goes in and takes the lead....we are leading going into the half and get the ball to start the 3rd

What a coward call with 1:30 left. Fcuk that.

it only went to 1:30 since they didn't call the timeout immediately after the Cowboys ran the ball on 3rd down. They waited 30 seconds before calling Timeout. Ridiculous clock management.

It's not like they are stopping the Cowboys offense. You need to be aggressive on offense to win this game. BB has turned soft.
10 points.

Getting outcoached and outplayed in the trenches. I have no idea how the Pats have the lead? Did Kraft write a bigger check this week than Jones?

I ask you, what if Mac goes back and turns it over again and Dallas goes in and takes the lead....we are leading going into the half and get the ball to start the 3rd

Mac can turn the ball over ANYTIME he throws. That doesn't mean we stop throwing. I honestly don't understand your argument.

Mac is 7 of 7 for 100 yds + TD and we're up 14-10.

Anyway you look at it that's a win.
Why we still not trusting him on 4th downs?

Probably an O-line thing

Yep, shaky RT play with an obvious passing situation upcoming. Combined with the fact that you just barely make it out with the lead and don't want Dallas potentially knocking on the door again. I didn't love the decision but i can live with it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes