PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Cowboys @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mac gets sacked again and fumbles at the end of the first half we're screwed...we get the ball to start the 2nd half, so I'm ok with this. We go in with the lead.
Yea there's a lot of criticism the coaching staff deserves but running out the clock against the best offense after getting nothing on a first down run is really not that bad

It's not like they are stopping the Cowboys offense. You need to be aggressive on offense to win this game. BB has turned soft.

criticize him all you want, I still prefer Bill the coach over Bill the GM.
Bill the coach is very good….Bill the GM ? Not as good….

Is Rhamondre in the 3rd down back role? I saw him catch a pass or 2 but wasn't sure who was in there in obvious passing downs

This is so unlike anything we have seen from the Patriots in years. He always let Brady try to get a score before the half, he should have let Mac try also, Mac has played well today !
Well, I wouldn't go that far. But they'd never kneel with a minute plus left.

we're going into the half with a lead, what don't you like?

That's ridiculous.

Are you saying you would like them to try and do something with the 1:32 (which should have been almost 2 minutes) if Cowboys had scored a TD and we were down 3 pts, but because of the fumble and we're up 4pts you like the call that we let the time run out instead of running a 2 minute drill?!?!?

That makes no sense. 4 pts is nothing. We should be trying to score of the possession.

If Mac gets sacked again and fumbles at the end of the first half we're screwed...we get the ball to start the 2nd half, so I'm ok with this. We go in with the lead.

We did this against TB, right? Not one of Bill's finest coaching games...

Tipping the scales :
For NE - the holding that negated the TD
For Dallas - twice giving NE the ball within the redzone

Our defense has played lights out, hats off to them.

Our OL might just get Mac Jones killed. He has made all the throws in the book when given time and protection.
lights out? Dac has 192 yards at the half

On the plus side I do think the weapons are starting to come together on offense. That may be their 6 best quarters of offense since early 2019 as crazy as that sounds.

Right now, neither is very good.
Well

early signs for the 2021 Gm decisions are quite decent

in fact, this year, BB the coach is letting BB the GM down.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
They don’t know that for sure, it’s their Cowboy bias coming through. Depends on if the knee hit earlier in the process.
I think he scored, knee wouldn't be done on the QB sneak.

I wish BB starts to trust his rookie QB sometime this season.

On the plus side I do think the weapons are starting to come together on offense. That may be their 6 best quarters of offense since early 2019 as crazy as that sounds.

So much potential there. If only we can get clean play out of our OL

Halftime assessment. Honestly we should have been up by more if not on that BS holding call on that play to meyers. Dak has been dinking and dunking against the secondary all game but they’ve been holding in the red zone. I think we’re going to need more points to pull this one out

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft