PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread - Colts @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 3rd down from the 5 and he slid. He deserves part of the blame and Patricia doesn't deserve all of the blame like you said.

Ok, Patricia deserves 95% of the blame. Or whatever percent you want. Just the majority of the blame.

Yes, Jones isn’t playing poorly. He isn’t elevating the poor play around him like we are used to With Brady. He has just been ok, but isn‘t all his fault.
This is an egregious assessment.

Jesus Bourne

Bourne gonna be back in the doghouse.

Mac has not played badly, but if we are hoping for a legit franchise guy, he has certainly played disappointingly.

It's hard to make a final determination, though, given that the only sort of advice Mac likely gets from his OC(s?) is bad, the only guidance misguidance, the playcalling inexplicable. BUT, do you think Mac looks good?? Against THIS team?
Id like to see what he could actually do with an average or above average o line.

Fire this entire O to the moon except Stevenson, Meyers, and Onwenu

That's the issue with Bourne I've seen, he puts the ball on the ground too much.

I can't remember the last time our WRs fumbled this many times

Bourne 2x
Algholor 2x
Meyers 2x

Bourne carrying the ball like a bag of groceries.

Indy can’t score, Pats are going to win, just let Mac gun it for fun

Yes, Jones isn’t playing poorly. He isn’t elevating the poor play around him like we are used to With Brady. He has just been ok, but isn‘t all his fault.
I’m not agreeing Mac isn’t playing poorly.

All of our plays are trash lol we cant screen worth a crap and every run is going backwards

They are telling him not to throw into coverage. This is a guy who used to be very willing to do that.

Then he threw a bunch of INTs

I also look over to the other side and I see 5 good DBs, especially Gilmore, Blackmon and Kenny Moore.
It's hard to disentangle the responsibility for this dismal play. Who is more to blame: Mac or Matt? I THINK Mac will never be a #1, but it's unfair to be conclusive about it when his supports system just blows this hard.

bourne back in the dog house

Spending an awful lot of money to basically just throw Jonnu Smith badly timed tight end screens. :rolleyes:
3rd highest cap hit next season

Reactions: Ian
This is an egregious assessment.

He isn’t playing poorly. He is play just ok. But with the o-line and play calling, the Pats need more than just ok at QB.

Mac is just awful - so is Bourne - JJ Taylor redeemed himself but he aint ready for prime time either..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents