PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Bears @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re gonna need more Zappe magic to pull this one out. Was a mistake to put Mac out there tonight.

Bears came to play. Everyone counted them out. Fat Matt needs to be flogged for that ridiculous play call that led to the fumble. Might be the difference between a win and a loss

Just saw the Zappe throw to Jakobi Meyers on a replay at halftime. The angle was from behind Zappe. It would have been a perfect throw if Meyers had just kept running in the same direction.

How can the D be so bad with Judon absolutely dominating.. like help the man out

When you put garbage players like Collins and Bryant on the field and then call ZONE instead of Man, it's really easy to understand..
They're also NOT having Dugger spy Fields with McCourty playing High center-field.

I wonder if Bill was planning to swap at halftime depending on how things went. We saw the report from Schefter about "don't be surprised if both QBs play tonight"... Bill may have been looking to play and evaluate both QBs but Mac looked so poor that he pulled the plug on Mac's time much earlier than expected.
I'm guessing Bill had a hunch and maybe may have been able to tell - which is sort of crazy. Definitely a historic night, and it's never fun to see a player fail. But again, as I said, this is the key benefit of having someone like Zappe on the roster because if it was Hoyer and Gilbert, I think most people would be feeling pretty lousy right about now.

Fortunately, they have a guy who might be able to keep them in the mix, so while one door closes, another one is open and we're fortunate that happens to be the case.

I may have an aneurysm watching Kyler run circles on us later in the season.

Is there a reason Jack Jones wont hit Fields? Twice in the 2nd quarter he stopped while Fields was still on field. Is this a D Sanders type move of a CB avoiding tackling or trying to avoid a flag?
Rook prob afraid to get a penalty. Plus Fields has >50lbs on him.

I have to be up at 5am
Good news I don’t care anymore
Amen…..being realistic about this team…they aren’t consistent enough on either side of the ball or with coaching …..hopefully they just let Zappe get some reps for the rest of the year

Just saw the Zappe throw to Jakobi Meyers on a replay at halftime. The angle was from behind Zappe. It would have been a perfect throw if Meyers had just kept running in the same direction.
Absolutely, Meyers is not use to the QB finding him when he is open so he probably had doubts.

We've played OK, DEFENSIVELY, A BIT PATETHIC WHEN You think about the OPPOSING QB. Yeah I'm pissed, he's better than ever...
He's a Punk.
BILL Doesn't care about Yards, he cares about the score.

wE CARE way more.

Maybe we’re looking at it wrongly. What if Belichick already knows that Zappe’s the guy. If Mac is healthy, then he’s almost obligated to start Mac so as not to put the pressure on Zappe. Mac ****s the bed and the crowd makes the call for Belichick. Zappe is in a no-lose situation.

It's also great that there will be no "Well, it's just the Bears. Mac would have done the same....." nonsense.

would be a very interesting locker-room to be in at halftime.

Please change your user name to “Scotty doesn’t know”.

Having Bentley as a spy isn’t smart.

They better figure out the defense during the half. Mac just isn't seeing the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back