PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- AFC Championship Pats@ Chiefs

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the color commentary on that game was quite good.
I don't agree. Romo couldn't say anything in favor of the Pats, especially in the 4th quarter and OT

Pretty sure Gordon having second thoughts for having picked up that joint.
Meh. I feel sad for the guy. He's got bigger things to wrestle with than football.

Nobody can really complain about the refs IMO, we got egregiously hosed a couple times but that's part of being on the road in the playoffs and we got one huge gift call too.

Likewise I'm sure the Chiefs fans will complain but they were getting way more leeway in the secondary than we were. ****, on their last TD they had multiple guys committing OPI by illegally blocking downfield.

The only call that pissed me off was the obvious pick they missed that led to the Chiefs TD. I think that was the one where BB smashed the tablet twice into the ground.

Romo correctly called three straight third down plays on that last drive.
Three straight holding/dpi that should have been called on KC and not a peep from Romo. Let a Pat db cast a shadow on a KC receiver and Romo questioned lack of or commended PI call

Romo is annoying but I’m glad he wasn’t the KC defensive coordinator. They might have covered Edelman on third down.

They did cover him. The passes were perfect. With great tough catches.

Ciao Italia patsfan, get some rest, or better yet call in sick. You deserve it.

Intesresting. I felt he relied too much on the run to let them back in. But ultimately he got the job done.
And too much running up the middle, not attacking the edges

so...who calls "Cliff" Kellerman to tell him his lifetime supply of crow is on its way?

Three straight holding/dpi that should have been called on KC and not a peep from Romo. Let a Pat db cast a shadow on a KC receiver and Romo questioned lack of or commended PI call
People will talk about the roughing-the-passer call but the Chiefs got away with DPI all night and were given a TD on the no-call on the pick play. I can't recall for certain but it seemed to me that the play where they called DPI on us in the end zone, the ball was uncatchable, several feet away from Kelce; if so, they gave the Chiefs two TDs.

I don't agree. Romo couldn't say anything in favor of the Pats, especially in the 4th quarter and OT
Romo was calling all our plays - he knows his stuff

Anyone check on Chiefs planet? Is it burning down?

He looks like ALL of his dogs just died
I was just shocked to see him on TV. Other than a few Patriot games I have not watched one minute of ESPN in years and years. I cut the cord during the season and gave up the NFLN to do so. I only tuned in the ESPN because I figured there would be a big crow dinner to be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes