PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would definitely be outside the box thinking, and they did manage to win a similar question by turning Cannon into a quality tackle.

That said, from Scar after he was drafted: "We drafted (Thuney) to play inside and also knowing that in a pinch he could help us outside. He's going to be an inside player unless disaster hits and then he's going to be an outside player."

New England Patriots drafted Joe Thuney to play on interior offensive line, says Dante Scarnecchia

So if they did that, either they think he's grown so much as a player such that his arm length wouldn't be a detriment at tackle long-term, or they view losing Solder and not keeping Waddle or Fleming as disasters (which presumably by their nature they didn't plan for).
Yeah, Thuney was the starting LT at NC State his senior season, so I have little doubt that he would know what to do should he have to be the starting LT here next season. I do have serious doubts, however, that he would actually be able to do what he would need to do at this level. Those 32-1/4" arms are just too much of a detriment at his size to overcome. Now while Seabass Vollmer also had short arms (33-1/2", if that), he was able to make up the difference due to his sheer size, power & athleticism for such a big dude.
I will feel a whole lot better if either 31 or 43 is used on either Kolton Miller or Brian O'Neill

I hope a Failed Physical designation saves us more money than a plain old He Sucks designation does.

tenor.gif

This has to be the worst NFL contract ever.

Not that it isn't bad but Jay Cutler, Nnamdi Asomugha, Michael Vick (last Atl contract), Michael Johnson, Percy Harvin and Fat Albert all say hello

Not that it isn't bad but Jay Cutler, Nnamdi Asomugha, Michael Vick (last Atl contract), Michael Johnson, Percy Harvin and Fat Albert all say hello
All those players at least had some high level talent though. Moncreif has none.

Are you F'in kidding me? 9.6 Million (possibly 11.6M) of Donte Moncrief???

Moncrief probably tripped over himself getting to the pen and desk to sign the contract.. Talk about OVER PAYING.

I like his upside and think he has a chance to be really good. But come on, prove it first.

Where they have a putrid OL coach.

If you're referring to Ron Prince, he got canned with Caldwell. The new OL coach, Jeff Davidson, was Scar's assistant for 6 years.

This has to be the worst NFL contract ever.

Honestly, I think the real killer contracts are the ones with multi-year guarantees. That's why I personally think even though the Bears wasted an absurd amount of money into Glennon it was still just a one year commitment with little effect on upcoming years.

That being said the Moncrief contract is still absolutely horrible.

Honestly, I think the real killer contracts are the ones with multi-year guarantees. That's why I personally think even though the Bears wasted an absurd amount of money into Glennon it was still just a one year commitment with little effect on upcoming years.

That being said the Moncrief contract is still absolutely horrible.

Pretty much every multi-year contract dreamed up by Mike Tannenbaum is a contender for the title of "Worst Contract Ever".

Yeah, Thuney was the starting LT at NC State his senior season, so I have little doubt that he would know what to do should he have to be the starting LT here next season. I do have serious doubts, however, that he would actually be able to do what he would need to do at this level. Those 32-1/4" arms are just too much of a detriment at his size to overcome. Now while Seabass Vollmer also had short arms (33-1/2", if that), he was able to make up the difference due to his sheer size, power & athleticism for such a big dude.
I will feel a whole lot better if either 31 or 43 is used on either Kolton Miller or Brian O'Neill

I'd much prefer Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back