PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or...what Bill should've done is, instead of throwing away (what a shock) the pick he used on the damaged-goods, over-weight Florida St stiff Tre Jackson, use it on La'el Collins.

In their defense, at that point Collins was still in the "I swear I wasn't involved!" point of the investigation and he hadn't been fully cleared by the police yet. The Patriots had literally just heard that 22 months earlier.

Or...what Bill should've done is, instead of throwing away (what a shock) the pick he used on the damaged-goods, over-weight Florida St stiff Tre Jackson, use it on La'el Collins.
You’ve been told many times that Collins would have just sat out the year and re-entered the following draft. He threatened to do so if drafted, and clearly every GM in the NFL believed him. It’s time to let this one go.

Wright averaged about 1 reception and 10 yards/game over the last two seasons in Minny. But, he averaged a bit over 440 yds per season for the four seasons prior to 2016, so ...

I suspect Bill's plan is to try Thuney and Cannon at LT.
I can see that...Thuney & Cannon are the best in-house candidates, by far, to replace Solder at LT, although Thuney's arms are way too short for the position, and Cannon's recent injury-plagued season leaves doubt that his lateral athleticism will be sufficient to switch sides.

I can see that...Thuney & Cannon are the best in-house candidates, by far, to replace Solder at LT, although Thuney's arms are way too short for the position, and Cannon's recent injury-plagued season leaves doubt that his lateral athleticism will be sufficient to switch sides.

It would definitely be outside the box thinking, and they did manage to win a similar question by turning Cannon into a quality tackle.

That said, from Scar after he was drafted: "We drafted (Thuney) to play inside and also knowing that in a pinch he could help us outside. He's going to be an inside player unless disaster hits and then he's going to be an outside player."

New England Patriots drafted Joe Thuney to play on interior offensive line, says Dante Scarnecchia

So if they did that, either they think he's grown so much as a player such that his arm length wouldn't be a detriment at tackle long-term, or they view losing Solder and not keeping Waddle or Fleming as disasters (which presumably by their nature they didn't plan for).

I suspect Bill's plan is to try Thuney and Cannon at LT.
Thuney won’t play T.
Cannon could move over but it doesn’t solve anything because you still need a RT.
A move will be made and we’ll be fine, we just don’t know what that is right now.

I don't think we move Cannon to LT.....keep him at RT and resign Waddle to play LT. I also think we draft best available tackle with our first or second pick.

Patriot's projected starting OL in 2018
LT Cannon
LG Thuney
C Andrews
RG Mason
RT Croston

Recipe for disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye