PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems an odd way to go.

Safety is where the Pats have three veterans, two of them about to turn 31, and no young starting candidate developing behind them.

The cornerback group, aside from Gilmore and (now) McCourty, doesn't have that much NFL experience.

It seems to me that, looking at the future, you'd want to find a talented young guy (or two) for safety rather than corner.
Sooner than later we should replace our aged safeties core by someone. It_s not a month or two to become familiar with the system. Assuming Pats playbook as probably the most difficult to learn having a developmental young safety behind our trio is a good idea.

The Patriots have had a mediocre free agency so far. Fortunately, their losses
are mitigated by the return of players from the injured list. These players include:
Cannon, Garcia, Jelks, Edelman, Mitchell, Ebner, C. Jones, J. Jones, Hightower,
Langi, Davis, Rivers, and Valentine. Many of these players will make the 53man roster. After two years, maybe we'll catch a glimpse of Jelks this year.

The Patriots have had a mediocre free agency so far. Fortunately, their losses
are mitigated by the return of players from the injured list. These players include:
Cannon, Garcia, Jelks, Edelman, Mitchell, Ebner, C. Jones, J. Jones, Hightower,
Langi, Davis, Rivers, and Valentine. Many of these players will make the 53man roster. After two years, maybe we'll catch a glimpse of Jelks this year.

We are loaded with so many Question marks especially on the OL Side Garcia and Jelks are flat out ??'s at one of the most important positions on Offense...the QB's blindside.

Colts?

$7M-$9M range on a 3-year deal?

After Moncrief got $9.6m fully guaranteed for 1 year? Hurns is probably looking for $11m per minimum guaranteed for 5+ years.

That seems an odd way to go.

Safety is where the Pats have three veterans, two of them about to turn 31, and no young starting candidate developing behind them.

The cornerback group, aside from Gilmore and (now) McCourty, doesn't have that much NFL experience.

It seems to me that, looking at the future, you'd want to find a talented young guy (or two) for safety rather than corner.

Where does vaccaro fit in our scheme? He’ll be somewhat expensive and will be playing behind dmac, harmon and chung. A young CB can fill the slot role almost immediately.

Where does vaccaro fit in our scheme? He’ll be somewhat expensive and will be playing behind dmac, harmon and chung. A young CB can fill the slot role almost immediately.

I wasn't talking about Vaccaro, specifically. Maybe a draftee, like Reid.

Anyway, Jon Jones is young and not too shabby at cornerback.

To me it is a downgrade. Ok, this kiddo Westbrook is supposed to be a great WR but now he is still unproven. Moncrief at Colts showed nothing special and now he is playing with Bortles, very average QB. Hurns and Robinson when healthy are very good WRs. I know names on the paper do not play but I think Jaguars have lost more than they got.

This takes the Pats down to about $10.6M in cap space, roughly $2.2M of which is usable.

Everything is usable. Please don't worry. All credit and respect to Miguel, but they have advanced cap in Foxboro (knowing future moves..)

IND new FO making some solid moves. Let's see how much discount they get for a “failed physycal“ . BAL deal was - 4y/29M (14.5M gtd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes