PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
a 3rd down guy or a 3 down guy
More concerned with a guy who can cover when Patriots are in base, but anybody who can do that should be a 3 down guy. Patriots can always bring in an extra safety on 3rd downs.

That is because there really isn't much out there. This will be addressed in the draft or they think they have the answer on the roster. We will see.
Have you checked the roster recently?

More concerned with a guy who can cover when Patriots are in base, but anybody who can do that should be a 3 down guy. Patriots can always bring in an extra safety on 3rd downs.

Extra safety? Richards??

Hasn't Crabtree always been an "-itis"?

As an "itis" it normally impacts front office staffs rather than players. As a rule with players Crabtree is more of an almost universal allergen, in some cases it's been known to cause extreme and even violent allergic reactions. See Talib, Aqib

He is still on the team? I thought he quit in shame after the Superbowl.

Him and more than half of the rest of the defense.

Anyway, the Pats appear to be playing more 3-safety nickel than 3-corner nickel these days. So, "bringing in an extra safety" to replace an LB skill set that the Pats don't have kinda means Richards at the moment.

As an "itis" it normally impacts front office staffs rather than players. As a rule with players Crabtree is more of an almost universal allergen, in some cases it's been known to cause extreme and even violent allergic reactions. See Talib, Aqib

Speaking of Talib ...

I thought it was really nice that, when he and the Broncos divorced, they agreed to split their collection of Crabtree jewelry 50-50.

Him and more than half of the rest of the defense.

Anyway, the Pats appear to be playing more 3-safety nickel than 3-corner nickel these days. So, "bringing in an extra safety" to replace an LB skill set that the Pats don't have kinda means Richards at the moment.

I think it depends on what the offense has brought in for personnel. But, having that athletic LB makes the defense more versatile.

I think it depends on what the offense has brought in for personnel. But, having that athletic LB makes the defense more versatile.

Agree. But, until they get one ...

Speaking of Talib ...

I thought it was really nice that, when he and the Broncos divorced, they agreed to split their collection of Crabtree jewelry 50-50.

Yes, amicable settlements are always preferred

Nearly 5m a year for Burnett! Wowzer, I wanted him but not at that price.

I'm thinking he is not a starter anymore he will pick up injuries which is why I think the Packers didn't resign him, he seems to have missed a bunch of games the last few years, I think he would be a perfect #3 safety.

Edit - missed 10 games last three years and probably played injured another 10

Last edited:
He will sign with the Dolphins in 3 2 1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes