PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Night 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna throw it out there that I dont think my drinking pacing can keep up with this draft.

Will be ****faced by next pats pick I'm sure.

Welp there goes Hamler. Very good pick by the Broncos. He would have added some much needed speed to this offense that collectively has tank ass.

We've got Duggar...don't worry

That's only half of the equation.

The other half is why this guy over some of others.

I would’ve gone Winfield, but at the same time I would’ve gone dugger over McKinney and Delpit.

Bill gonna do nothing to address our **** offense from free agency through the draft and you'll still find unabashed support.

Don’t worry if we have OTA’s the offense will be unstoppable if we get Stidham to attend

PFF comp on KJ Hamler is Tavon Austin lmao

Hamler and Jeudy. Wooow. What a group of weapons over there.

Observation. Did Antonie Winfield Jr beat the crap out of a bunch of dogs or like get popped with a bunch of guns or something? Not sure how he's still on the board...

Edit: ************ he's joining Brady.

giphy.gif

Sutton
Jeudy
Hamler

Fant

Lindsay
Gordon

Elway's put the players there for Lock.

Almost like this is not a coincidence and they have devalued that position in terms of how many resources they want to put into it.

idk - i just think they did a bad job with consecutive bad decisions (incl. how long they will ride on Gronk)

they did invest some and basically missed all - they went from the best TE groups that kept their offense rolling to worst TE position and offence struggling..

i can understand they normally wont give 2 rd - but Kittle was obvious, from their friends in Iowa and 5th rounder.. so many other economic opportunities..

It's just sort of a dead position. There are like five tight ends of note in the NFL and a couple of them basically play slot receiver. People are demanding a tight end because they want Gronk but Gronk was one of a kind. Only a handful of college teams make any use of tight ends at all. The key is finding mismatches to exploit regardless of their position, but a lot of teams are married to Needing A Tight End so like Cole Kmet is a 2nd round pick while Denzel Mims is still on the board.
Interesting thought

Hamler and Jeudy. Wooow. What a group of weapons over there.

Courtland Sutton is pretty good too. Daesean Hamilton is... fine. Thrown a lot of capital at wide receiver. Giving Lock all they can.

PFF comp on KJ Hamler is Tavon Austin lmao

Tavon Austin in college was an absolute beast.

Its funny. A team giving a young QB a bunch of weapons. That's a pretty unique idea. If only the Pats were starting a 2nd year QB that needed weapons on offense...

I would’ve gone Winfield, but at the same time I would’ve gone dugger over McKinney and Delpit.

I'm not even upset really because I never hears of the guy. Like ever, nor the school.

Bill may be right who knows but I am concerned about the first two points.

Feel like we could use some speed on Offense. Mims?

Marlon Davidson to the Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick