PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be better if you actually see how this plays out and see how these two are utilized in our offense before you just plant your foot in the ground.

It's not planting my foot in the ground to say they were mediocre in college. They were.

I need to jump in here because literally every single thing you say here is wrong. Not just a couple of points but every single thing you said. You ended with a fitting comment because what happened last time Dante retired? Um, we won the SB.

Our OL coach was let go (fired I believe) afrer a disastrous OL performance, and Dante came back.

Because we drafted 2 TEs who were mediocre (at best) in college.

Also, because we have no WRs, and we drafted a 6 yr D2 safety at 37 in what was considered the "deepest WR draft ever".

Again look at the age of our safety group. Chungs nearing the end and Devin has a couple years left. Harmon’s gone. Draft isn’t just about the present but the future and Safety was a big need. Dugger wouldn’t have made it to our next pick. You saw how important Chung is to the defense when he’s either out or injured right? Nothing wrong with attempting to get his replacement with the pick of the litter at 37.

I’m sorry that WR wasn’t in the cards this week but they went in with a plan to infuse some speed in the defense at LB and S and to get better TEs and depth on the OL. They did a good job imo of executing the plan.

Thing is all teams big boards are different. You can’t just go off the media’s mock drafts they put out. It’s possible both TEs could’ve been had later but it’s not a given. If the pats had a higher grade on those TEs and you combine it with the fact that before this week we had ZERO NFL quality TEs on the roster is it that bad to trade up to get those players?

Just throwing this out there but once we went up to get the TEs it forced the Saints to make a decision. Stand pat and hope Trautman fell to 130 or option 2 which is what they did...trade their remaining day 3 picks to move up to grab him at 105. Saints were saying once Asiasi and Keene went the drop from Trautman to the next best TE was large.
I was just thinking about Keene & Asiasi.

It's quite possible they were TE1 & TE2 on their board. Or very close to it.

Like you were saying about boards being different. I had Asiasi as TE5 on mine. Very possible he's TE1 on the Pats. Same for Keene. Probably a lot higher than most thought be most just read the media.

Guys like Dugger & Chinn for example have been getting buzz since before the year. Everyone knew their name by the end of October paying attention to college ball.

Our OL coach was let go (fired I believe) afrer a disastrous OL performance, and Dante came back.
The year Dante was replaced we won the SB.
The next year we were 10-0 and the ol was ravaged by injuries, mankind was playing LT, and we went to the AFCCG and lost by 2 points.
As always you are wrong. About everything.

Again look at the age of our safety group. Chungs nearing the end and Devin has a couple years left. Harmon’s gone. Draft isn’t just about the present but the future and Safety was a big need. Dugger wouldn’t have made it to our next pick. You saw how important Chung is to the defense when he’s either out or injured right? Nothing wrong with attempting to get his replacement with the pick of the litter at 37.

I’m sorry that WR wasn’t in the cards this week but they went in with a plan to infuse some speed in the defense at LB and S and to get better TEs and depth on the OL. They did a good job imo of executing the plan.

A 6yr D2 safety at 37. It's hilarious. I thought Jordan Richards was funny, but this one is great.

The year Dante was replaced we won the SB.
The next year we were 10-0 and the ol was ravaged by injuries, mankind was playing LT, and we went to the AFCCG and lost by 2 points.
As always you are wrong. About everything.

What happened to "Gooch" after that season? Curious.

Now I understand. You just don't get how football is played.

How's your Madden team doing?
He was also screaming to draft 2 rookie QBs to develop behind Stidham. I think brain damage occurred when he fell out of his tractor, or maybe he didn’t have a mask on and got a compromising dose of DuPont chems from the crop duster.

Pats sign QB Brian Hoyer, LB Brandon Copeland

People have been crying about WRs around here for 20 years.
Bill Belichick has placed less value on the WR position than basically any other franchise.
Bill Belichick has won more games, more playoff games, more conf championships and more sbs in 20 years than any else ever has. And it’s not even close.
So you tell me, who is right about the value of WRs the guy with the rings or the guy with a computer who’s knowledge of the game is limited to those WRs look cool catching passes?

A 6yr D2 safety at 37. It's hilarious. I thought Jordan Richards was funny, but this one is great.

Just like the TEs your forming an opinion before any games have been played.

What happened to "Gooch" after that season? Curious.
His contract expired.
How did the team do while he was the ol coach? Just curious.

Where do we think Dugger is going to fall in BBs long successful history of 2nd round DBs? There's some real doozies in there.

People have been crying about WRs around here for 20 years.
Bill Belichick has placed less value on the WR position than basically any other franchise.
Bill Belichick has won more games, more playoff games, more conf championships and more sbs in 20 years than any else ever has. And it’s not even close.
So you tell me, who is right about the value of WRs the guy with the rings or the guy with a computer who’s knowledge of the game is limited to those WRs look cool catching passes?

I don’t get it. Hes begging for a wideout; we took one first round last year and he struggled (imo injury basically killed his season.) Now he’s mad because we didn’t go that route again, instead focusing on replacing older vets/LB losses on defense and the worst TE group in the league?

If you aren’t excited about what Bill Belichick can do with a 220 lb S who plays the run like a LB runs like a db, and can be disruptive in every area of the field, you should find a new hobby. Cry about everything else if you want but criticizing this pick makes you look really dumb.

Just like the TEs your forming an opinion before any games have been played.

Just playing the odds.

Let's play a game...you give me a quality 2nd round DB pick BB has made, and I'll respond with a horrendous one. We'll see who runs out of players first.

I don’t get it. Hes begging for a wideout; we took one first round last year and he struggled (imo injury basically killed his season.) Now he’s mad because we didn’t go that route again, instead focusing on replacing older vets/LB losses on defense and the worst TE group in the league?
Essentially we took one in the second round this year too.
He is wrong about everything.

Where do we think Dugger is going to fall in BBs long successful history of 2nd round DBs? There's some real doozies in there.

Don’t know, like many on this board I haven’t seen him play. But I’ll wait until hes playing football in a pats uni before forming an opinion.

Just playing the odds.

Let's play a game...you give me a quality 2nd round DB pick BB has made, and I'll respond with a horrendous one. We'll see who runs out of players first.
Let’s play a different game. I’ll list Belichick successes and you pick someone you think would do better and we will see who has more success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back