PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I could find about Malula:

patriotsb_logo.gif
New England Patriots: Caash Malula, LB, Wyoming - BELICHICK'S DOG Grade
Caash Malula is not on my list anywhere, and I have more than 600 people on my list. I'm not even sure if he's a real person. Nice try, Bill Belichick's dog.

Considering Edelman is 34 & Sanu has 1 year left on his deal, the team’s internal evaluations on Harry & Meyers appear to be optimistic.
Next year they have a ton of cap space, I think they load up on proven veterans next year and gives Studham a year to grow into the position.

It's hard to imagine he could stick, even as a core special teamer. Pats have too many of them already

Anyone up for waiting another 26 picks to see what STer will be our next pick?

IS BB drunk making these pick? Not a very good draft if you go by the ratings and the boards.

Here's my idea about why we aren't drafting WR. Our WR depth chart entirely isn't bad - we have a lot of guys there, even some young guys. We just have underwhelming top 3 guys. Right now, the room would be Edelman, Sanu, Harry, Myers, Byrd, Lee, Olszewski. 3 of those guys were drafted/undrafted last year. To draft a player this year, we would need an upgrade over any of those players (with a year of experience). Otherwise it's a wasted roster spot. Honestly, the idea now should be trade for a higher-end WR who could top off the depth chart rather than add more bodies through the draft who have no means to contribute.
As of right now Meyers is WR4.

That's not terrible

Good speed actually. I'm intrigued

We need to learn more about him. Special teams and perhaps a guy who can work get himself some snaps when the Patriots want more speed on the field.

Next year they have a ton of cap space, I think they load up on proven veterans next year and gives Studham a year to grow into the position.
Giving Stidham a below average WR group his first year could force him to work on fundamentals rather than have his WRs bail him out for bad throws. May be good in his long term development.

As of right now Meyers is WR4.

That's not terrible
Heck Meyers has the most chemistry with Stidham so we really don't know how good he can be. WR4 seems like the floor for Meyers.

And 8 years is surely not enough time to fairly evaluate your talent evaluation ability. That 2014 team still a 7-9 team at best?

Minus Brady (like now)...probably more like 5-11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes