PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have to say it’s a little screwy that this draft was hailed as one of the deepest at WR in recent memory and the Pats don’t draft any. I like most of their picks, but still, funny to think about. Hopefully get some talent as UDFAs who can compete in camp and push the incumbent talent.

ATL - Sterling Hofrichter - P - Syracuse

Gordon or Dinucci here please

Im pretty sure Ive seen Izzo get blown up on some plays

I think he's a JAG.

You have seen him blown up on some plays. He could get better. We’ll see. He needs to make the team first.

People are just making up random names now, right?

I do have to say it’s a little screwy that this draft was hailed as one of the deepest at WR in recent memory and the Pats don’t draft any. I like most of their picks, but still, funny to think about. Hopefully get some talent as UDFAs who can compete in camp and push the incumbent talent.

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me at all..If you look at the previous drafts, anytime a position was touted as the deepest in recent memory and the FANS thought the Patriots had a need, BB and the Staff did something else.. Happened with LB, TE, and OT to my knowledge.

Sterling Hofrichter to the Falcons

On the clock with our last pick, folks.

LaCosse is a decent receiving TE when healthy (which is almost never). Haven’t seen much from him as a blocker. Izzo is a decent blocker, willing to see more from him since he’s cheap.

Izzo is an absolutely putrid blocker. He was drafted for supposed blocking ability but the guy can't block anything. It's why he ended up a healthy scratch for the majority of games last year. Just awful in every way, no way he makes the team.

Worth noting that two other kickers have been drafted aside from ourselves. Neither are Blankenship.

IF is the key with this offense

• IF Edelman and Sanu are healthy and largely the same as they were pre-injury
  • IF the OL injuries are healed and everyone is 100% moving forward
  • IF Michel's knee gets better and holds up
  • IF the TEs don't suck
  • IF Stidham is veteran level in his first year as a starter

To be fair this is true of everyone but a top sliver of teams each year. The Patriots have just had the fortune of being in that top sliver for the better part of two decades.

WAS - James Smith-Williams - EDGE - NC State

Izzo is an absolutely putrid blocker. He was drafted for supposed blocking ability but the guy can't block anything. It's why he ended up a healthy scratch for the majority of games last year. Just awful in every way, no way he makes the team.
Yes he was not good at blocking.

Dustin Woodard - C - Memphis is the pick.

Final pick for the Pats, barring a trade, is Dustin Woodard, C, Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back