PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Doncos v Steelers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I edited it to say "typically," but I've never seen so many doomsayers.

Manning is a shadow of himself. He was saved by a fumble today.

I stand by my comment. I like the Pats chances against Denver in Denver better than I like their chances against Big Ben and Brown in Foxboro.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Oh I believe the Pats are gonna destroy the Broncos. But a team beating the Pats twice in a year happens more than you'd think:
Broncos in 2005.
Colts in 2006.
Jets in 2010.
Giants in 2011.
Ravens in 2012.

Oh I believe the Pats are gonna destroy the Broncos. But a team beating the Pats twice in a year happens more than you'd think:
Broncos in 2005.
Colts in 2006.
Jets in 2010.
Giants in 2011.
Ravens in 2012.
details, details, details. The pats are winning next week.

neither team deserved to win this game.

steelers played like cowards on offense. then that idiot fumbled. jesus

I'd say a classic 38-14 romp.
i'll wait to see the weather forecast before predicting a score...but the colder and wetter the better.

• Agree
Reactions: glm
That isn't the only time the Pats have won in Denver. In 2011, Pats won 41-23. But Brady and Belichick really hasn't played in Denver as many times as people seem to believe. It has been only been like 7 times and they are 2-5. Not a good record at all, but everyone has said why they lost this past time with half the starters out. Another one is in 2001 early in his starting career (October 28th). Also, the Pats played in Denver for the first time in four years this season.

But people are saying they don't want to go to Denver because of fluke things that have happened in games, but want to write off the win in 2003 because the fact that Belichick purposely gave up a safety rather than give the Broncos field position in a game the Pats were winning?

No one is writing it off. Our 2 wins were a close win in the hight of our dynasty vs. a Jake Plummer team in 2003 and a Tim Tebow team in 2011. I am not saying we should have gone 0-7 in Denver, I am simply saying we have lost there when playing vs. a solid team (like twice in the playoffs).
TB12 was 10-0 in the playoffs...until he visited Denver.
BTW- I truly think we win next week...but we will have to overcome history to do so.

No one is writing it off. Our 2 wins were a close win in the hight of our dynasty vs. a Jake Plummer team in 2003 and a Tim Tebow team in 2011. I am not saying we should have gone 0-7 in Denver, I am simply saying we have lost there when playing vs. a solid team (like twice in the playoffs).
BTW- I truly think we win next week...but we will have to overcome history to do so.
Can "history" rush the passer?

Why would a Tim Tebow played in not count? He was a (foolish) first round draft pick.

I'm making light of the fact that of our total of 2 wins @DEN in the BB/TB12 era (2-7 record), one was against Tim Tebow - a joke of a quarterback.

I phrased it poorly, but the half was only applying to Gronk. If I recall correctly, Gronk went out midway through the third, and Hightower midway through the second? So we got each of them for about a half. We'll hopefully get them for the full game + Amendola and Edelman. I love our chances in this rematch.

According the NFL.com, Gronk went out with 2:49 to go in the 4th.

Broncos in 2005.
Colts in 2006.
Jets in 2010.
Giants in 2011.
Ravens in 2012.

0k...that's not going to make any of us feel better.

The Pats are 0-1 in Denver vs. this Broncos team and it was an overtime loss. The last time the Pats played in Denver before this year was 2011 (an 18 point win by the Pats).

You cannot write off the Pats' wins because it was a different Broncos' team they played and then talk about the losses as if they are relevant. You can't have it both ways. Either the wins count or the losses other than this year's loss don't too.

The Pats are 0-1 in Denver vs. this Broncos team and it was an overtime loss. The last time the Pats played in Denver before this year was 2011 (an 18 point win by the Pats).

You cannot write off the Pats' wins because it was a different Broncos' team they played and then talk about the losses as if they are relevant. You can't have it both ways. Either the wins count or the losses other than this year's loss don't too.

ok, I will take the former. We are "winless" in Denver. Happy?

AFCCG 2013?

2013 AFCCG. 26-16 Broncos.

ok, I will take the former. We are "winless" in Denver. Happy?

I don't care. One loss.

I am just tired of people manipulating the facts to make the argument that we are doomed in Denver net week.

Denver sure looked soft today. Pats by 13. Maybe more.
Panthers looked downright scary for the first half, then Seattle figured 'em out.
Belichick will have 'em figured out from the 1st quarter.
Pats vs Panthers in superbowl 50.
I'm not going to try to predict a score.

i'll wait to see the weather forecast before predicting a score...but the colder and wetter the better.

50 degrees and sunny.

It's a 12:05 pm MST start.

Now I want to hear about High and Collins. It's a huge drop-off defensively with those two out. Oh yeah, Jones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft