PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Brady Foot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Just saw a picture of Brady in N.Y with a cast boot on his foot.

From battery gate to bootgate. Too many gates on the team this year.

You don't put someone in a walking boot for a sprained ankle. The way I look at it (and I hope that I'm correct), if the injury were that severe TB would be at the Razor getting treatment, not in NYC. That boy is whipped, BTW (not that I can really blame him).

Sure you do. Google "ankle sprain walking boot" and see what you get.

I myself have strained my Achilles tendon 3 different times in my life...

It's an extremely common injury. I known many people who have tweaked or strained their Achilles.

Yes, but how common are they? You asked us if we knew how common they were...waiting for an answer.

I myself have strained my Achilles tendon 3 different times in my life...

It's an extremely common injury. I known many people who have tweaked or strained their Achilles.

I'm not doubting you, I myself have never seen the injury. I did however have a HS Football Coach who played DB at Syracuse who had his Achilles Tendon torn.

Re: TMZ.com has Brady Scoop

The TV stations are playing up the fear angle... Butch Stearns just called it 'the gloomiest day of the year'.

All part of BB's strategy to psyche out the Giants. There is nothing wrong with Brady.

You don't put someone in a walking boot for a sprained ankle. The way I look at it (and I hope that I'm correct), if the injury were that severe TB would be at the Razor getting treatment, not in NYC. That boy is whipped, BTW (not that I can really blame him).

I hope you are right. What is he doing in NY? And why is he carrying his own bag? If the injury is serious, I hope he has the sense to get treatment.

I hope you are right. What is he doing in NY? And why is he carrying his own bag? If the injury is serious, I hope he has the sense to get treatment.

It's not serious...no need to worry!

Just reported on ESPN news. No new info thou.they know less then we do.

I would imagine it's a sprain of something or maybe a small broken/fractured bone that's playable but painful. It's obviously "something" but it's equally obviously playable as he was in for the last part of the game even when the game was basically over before the last few first downs.

Whatever it is he had it for some or all of the SD game and now has almost two weeks to get it at least a little better.

Has everyone forgotten that Brady played half a season with a sports hernia and started a Super Bowl with a bum ankle? He's tough, he'll play, he'll be fine. Some on here really know how to work themselves into a panic.

Tom was actually at his best in the 4th quarter (stat-wise) after the injury.
The only concern is mobility if the Giants crush the pocket.

Screens, draws to Faulk, and runs with Maroney should serve as a good defense for that.

No reason to freak out.

(Oh, and I know that Morgan is now in the Pats HOF, but I'm keeping this as my sig because I'm too lazy to change it.)

When do those more observant than me think this happened anyway ? I've heard some references to the second half of Jacksonville and the first sack of SD (which would be right after halftime). I'm not observant enough to have noticed.

This kind of thing is what kills me...

2 solid weeks of "will he play?" "can he play?" "Brady is out!" "No wait, Brady is in!" "Oops Brady is out again." "No, No, we had it right before, he is in" Non-stop media speculation, all to culminate with the headlines "Patriots give Giants the BOOT, Brady's injury a non-factor" from some non-witty sports blogger.

Until they release an injury report saying he is out, this isn't news, its a sprained ankle. Chances are he is walking with a limp due to the giant boot immobilizing his ankle.

Also, I saw some people saying he was hurt in the first quarter, I'm sure if this "injury" occurred in the first quarter, it was thoughlly checked at half time, and during the second half, he wasn't wrapped up or sporting any ankle supporter.

Last edited:

Has everyone forgotten that Brady played half a season with a sports hernia and started a Super Bowl with a bum ankle? He's tough, he'll play, he'll be fine. Some on here really know how to work themselves into a panic.

That hit he took in the 2001 AFC Championship was vicious, yet he didn't miss a beat a week later in the SB (remember that year due to the 9/11 attacks and the subsequent rescheduling, there wasn't a bye week in between the conference championship games and the SB).

Brady will be fine.

OK, any medical experts here who can suggest what kind of injury that boot applies to?

OK, I'm no medical expert but I play one on Patsfans.com...Brady has a displaced meniscular fasticular of the right quadrapedal ventricular ligature...he's hanging on by a :D:

To be honest, what I'm more worried about is how the paparazzi can just camp outside her apartment like that. It's almost like, any nut on the street can just break in at night because they know where she lives. I'm not sure the inside of the apartment, but I'm assuming there's maybe some kind of desk with a security guard? If it's just an apartment with them two holed up in it, that seems like a security risk given the loonies walking around drunk at all hours and all the attention on her house.

Last edited:

When asked about it this morning on the soccer mom's show I was a little concerned by his pause. But, I believe the leg brace or whatever it is just precautionary. Maybe the NFL (always concerned about ratings and money) said , hey you need to make it look like the Giants have a chance. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes