PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Brady Appeal Thread: D-Day Tuesday June 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting view point from a trial lawyer in chat with reiss today

WK (Cambridge)

I'm a trial lawyer and a Pats fan. I must say I find it significant that Brady did not ask Jastremski or McNally to testify. That would be the natural thing to do if he thought their testimony would be favorable, no? He probably couldn't have issued an enforceable subpoena to force them to come, but I bet they would have come voluntarily if they had testimony favorable to TB. If the texts are the smoking gun for Wells, then TB should want their testimony about that too.

Mike
(4:08 PM)

Thanks for sharing the thought, WK.

It's equally interesting that the NFL didn't call them to testify. My guess is Brady's defense concentrated on the science; The NFL is just trying to make them go away silently.

But ya I guess you could say technically 3 for 3 because a true independent arbitrator overturned it.

I mean goodell just looks bad off the bat when it goes to court and Brady's counsel argues about him not recusing himself because look at some of the last suspensions

Bountygate players- Stephen Burbank (Upheld)
Ray Rice- Former Judge Barbara Jones (Overturned)
Adrian Peterson- Harold Henderson (Upheld)
Greg Hardy- Harold Henderson (No Decision Yet)

How come goodell couldn't give it to another arbitrator, even Henderson who is clearly in the bag for goodell? Why not give it to Jones which would show the whole "not married to the report" and the report being independent.

It's equally interesting that the NFL didn't call them to testify. My guess is Brady's defense concentrated on the science; The NFL is just trying to make them go away silently.

Jamstreski and McNaly are proven idiots - they would have been ripped apart in front of Goodell. Wells questioned McNally and he says "he didn't use the bathroom" and later said "he used the urinal" in a bathroom that doesn't have one.

Last edited:
Jamstreski and McNaly are proven idiots

spock.gif

Jamstreski and McNaly are proven idiots - they would have been ripped in front of Goodel. Wells questioned McNally and he says "he didn't use the bathroom" and later said "he used the urinal" in a bathroom that doesn't have one.
How many times did you use the bathroom yesterday. I am around his age and my guess is I went pee 47 times.

But ya I guess you could say technically 3 for 3 because a true independent arbitrator overturned it.

I mean goodell just looks bad off the bat when it goes to court and Brady's counsel argues about him not recusing himself because look at some of the last suspensions

Bountygate players- Stephen Burbank (Upheld)
Ray Rice- Former Judge Barbara Jones (Overturned)
Adrian Peterson- Harold Henderson (Upheld)
Greg Hardy- Harold Henderson (No Decision Yet)

How come goodell couldn't give it to another arbitrator even Henderson who is clearly in the bag for goodell?

Yea thats the way I bucketed them. Doesn't matter. Point is the short-term track record indicates that 1-100 was pulled out of their butts as Goody consistently leaps before he looks.

I think if those guys really did deflate AFTER ref inspection, they would have sold out to TMZ. The fact they haven't sold out to some tabloid even after being suspended/fired does say something.

How many times did you use the bathroom yesterday. I am around his age and my guess is I went pee 47 times.

Yeah but I can remember whether the bathroom I use has a urinal or toilet.

I think if those guys really did deflate AFTER ref inspection, they would have sold out to TMZ. The fact they haven't sold out to some tabloid even after being suspended/fired does say something.
Then why wouldn't they find a TV camera and say so?

Yeah but I can remember whether the bathroom I use has a urinal or toilet.

I'd be curious to see an actual transcript of the conversation that Wells had with McNally. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it took some creative interpretation for him to manufacture that 'gotcha'

I'm thinking that the NFLPA may have a significant issue if part (or all) of the suspension is because of Brady's lack of cooperation - where that lack of cooperation consists solely of not turning over electronic communications (i.e. cell phone). I think that the right to privacy is an issue that a judge would accept as a reason to hear the case since it is by no means clear that the NFL has any right to Brady's cell phone as a part of this investigation (and therefore no right to punish Brady for not turning over his cell phone).

Last edited:
Yea thats the way I bucketed them. Doesn't matter. Point is the short-term track record indicates that 1-100 was pulled out of their butts as Goody consistently leaps before he looks.
He wanted his name on this arbitration so he can show people he took a tough stand. Thats why the sham vincent appointment and then he also claims he sat in the meetings with vincent and approved them. Its kinda annoying and frustrating to see open lies being told.

Its kinda annoying and frustrating to see open lies being told.

yeah...I know what you mean...it's been pizzing ME off for EIGHT FRIGGIN' YEARS!

yeah...I know what you mean...it's been pizzing ME off for EIGHT FRIGGIN' YEARS!

guess thats what you get for being to successful in a league run by billionaires who dont get there way.

It's also possible MacNally or Jastremski are planning lawsuits of their own.

It's also possible MacNally or Jastremski are planning lawsuits of their own.

I really really hope so. Doesn't Macnally have a valid claim at defamation when ESPN had that false report that he tried to sneak an unapproved kicking ball in to the game and it turned out an NFL employee was stealing the charity ball?? Remember when a reporter followed him up his driveway harassing him? He's not a celebrity so a libel suit is much easier to find grounds on. Get a lawyer and go after them FFS!

The other thing to remember is that although courts tend to throw these labor complaints out....this isn't a normal case. Judges are people, too and the "Judge Ito Complex" exists. A judge would love to weigh in against the NFL. Also, judges can be football fans as well. And, many football fans would love to take the commissioner down a few pegs.

If that happens, it might not be right and it may not be fair, but the NFL really can't complain, now can it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back