PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Boston vs Atlanta Series Thread

You guys can bash me for being a Heat fan all you want but... WTF? How to you allow the ATLANTA HAWKS to surge into a two game comeback forcing a pivitol game five at your house? If this is the way the Celts are going to play in the playoffs (and I like the Celts. I have a 1986 World Champion banner in my room) then you better beware the Pistons and the Cavs...

Are you kidding me this would be far worse losing in the first round to a team that really shouldnt even be in the playoffs. Effectively a bunch of rookies have taken the celtics completely out of their gameplan, it would be easy to blame the refs, but the refs did not shoot under 50% at the free throw line last night.
you dont think the celtics losing to the hawks and the pats losing to the giants are upsets? i was shocked the pats lost and im shocked the celtics are tied with the hawks at two games.
i never gave my opinion on what was a bigger upset.

You guys can bash me for being a Heat fan all you want but... WTF? How to you allow the ATLANTA HAWKS to surge into a two game comeback forcing a pivitol game five at your house? If this is the way the Celts are going to play in the playoffs (and I like the Celts. I have a 1986 World Champion banner in my room) then you better beware the Pistons and the Cavs...
Fluke wins. Of course its a bad thing that the Hawks managed to pull off two straight. However I think they'll bounce back from those very lack luster games.. They are back to blowing out the Hawks. 25 point win tonight. Lets finish it off in Game Six.

Celts will beat the Cavs or Pistons.

Last edited:

This Hawk team is not the same team which was the eight seed. If the season started today, they would be slotted much higher. I think they are just getting the feel for each other. Wasn't Bibby traded to the Hawks not too long ago, then the rookie Hortford, has gotten a season of experience. This is an athletic team which would give any NBA playoff team a good run.

cavs aren't exactly a shoe-in against the wizards and the Pistons are stuggling against the Sixers. Maybe if the other two teams were steam rolling while the Celts were struggling I'd be concerned but Doc messed up the two games in Atlanta so I'm feeling pretty good after they spanked them in game 5.

WTF!!!

WTfug just happened?

Disgusting. Just disgusting. How do they end up with an off balance Ray Allen shot off that time out down by 2, and then on the last play how do they end up with Rondo chucking up a 3 from 5 feet outside the arc. The officiating didn't help either, but this was another game that they should have been able to win. Even if they win Sunday how are they going to deal with "king" James getting every call in round 2? Poor, poor showing tonight. Again they let an inferior team back in the game.

the celtics have that deer in the head lights look to them. they are playing not lose and are tight instead of playing to win and remaining loose. anybody who has played competitive sports at a fairly high level knows what I'm talking about. you cant play and be afraid to fail or lose . you have to have the attitude f-ck it and just go for it. they look over whelmed

Last edited:
The Hawks have roughly a 0.000000001% chance in a Game 7 in Boston but this series sure has created a lot of questions about this Celtics team.

On the plus side, the youth and athleitcism of the Hawks that has made the Celtics look old and slow in this series is not present across the rosters in Cleveland or Detroit.

On the down side, if you struggle defending the Hawks perimeter guys, how do you stop Lebron?

The Hawks have roughly a 0.000000001% chance in a Game 7 in Boston
thats what people were saying about the giants. thats what everybody said about the redsox on 04 when they were dowm 3 to 0 .anything can happen in game 7 .they have a 50/50 chance .

i want to say playoff inexperience....but it's not like the hawks have any either

i can't imagine having a series go 7, vs a team with no playoff experience is going to be a good thing for meeting up with the cavs or pistons

maybe they're going to pull a red sox though and struggle to win a series (yanks, then indians had to go to 7 games) then just come out killing their next opponents

Cassell is good in certain situations but should be limited. I think the over use of a 38 year old guard is a little ridiculas. Were is Tony Allen and Eddie House. They did a pretty good job running the second unit though out the year until Cassell came. What is strange is that Allen is great defender and would have been a much better in the 4th against Joe Johnson then RA. Doesn't make much sense at all.

wow :rocker: thank god the celts have home court advantage. they dominated today. the hawks had the deer in the head lights look today and for good reason they got rolled over by a truck.:rocker:

I got tickets to Game 7 on Saturday and today was AWESOME!! It was non stop enjoyment from beginning to end. I haven't been to a Celts game since the 01 playoffs when they faced the Sixers in the first round.

The crowd was louder than I've heard them in a long time. The flagrant foul by Williams was ridiculous. He grabbed him and tackled him. Rondo was down for about five minutes so I don't wanna hear any crap about how Williams didn't mean to throw him down.

That was great, except for the dirty play by Williams on Rondo.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back