PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***Official AFCCG Gameday Thread: Patriots v. Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo....what do we do for 7.5 hours?
Vomit.

Edit: Wait, my kid has two soccer games early in the afternoon, so that'll help. I should get home just in time to vomit.

Man this is like Christmas morning I cannot wait for this one.

The pats hater will be out in full fource if we lose. I can picture shannon sharpe. Ughhhh

Man this is like Christmas morning I cannot wait for this one.
Lots of fresh snow outside to enhance the experience.....great.

Feeling very confident ...sit back, enjoy the ride fellas, driveforfive rolls on.

ESPN stat heads are panicking this morning, trying to fulfill their overnight directive to tweak the QBR formula. Balls thrown slower and with more wobble will result in much higher points, since receivers should be able to catch them easier.

NFL network.." Peyton has his footwork back. It's not about his arm strength, it's about his accuracy". As a U of Tennessee fan here, I can tell you he's always had footwork. It's called " happy feet"
After watching the 2013 AFCCG and his game last week his feet/legs move significantly slower.

Of course no one talks about this.

Who will be the pats player on offense that will step up today and make the difference in this game? Im hoping it is Steven Jackson.....run the ball down their friggin throats!!!!! GO PATS!!!!!

James White. 7 catches 84 yds TD.

Den is focusing all their energy on Gronk and Jules...which is smart.

They will force the lesser players to beat them like DA, White and SJax

So will we see scott Chandler today? He has all but disappeared this year

I wanna see lafell come up big. Talib might be on him but would love for him to show up.

With great expectations before US Thanksgiving, and then so many players falling to injury.... then the return of Edelman n friends last week give us renewed faith....

Combine the good feelings about a SB win last year - and I'm not as nervous as in the last. NE has the better team and should win. But in Denver in the game to get to Santa Clara : anything can happen.

I predict a big play from a secondary or tertiary player. Maybe White or even LaFell.

Hope we win the coin toss and defer. Wanna see what this defense has in stored.

some choice pieces from: New England Patriots News 1-24 and AFC East Notes - PatsFans.com
Facing the #1 ranked defense in the postseason, Brady has faced all three on the road and is 3-0. And NE won the Super Bowl in all three seasons.

Worth Repeating because it's just an awesome piece of info.
Slater part of Football Royalty: Greg Garber of ESPN wrote a fantastic piece this week on Patriots ST captain Matthew Slater and his dad Jackie, long-time Rams OL and a member of the NFL Hall of Fame.

The Slaters are #2 in the amount of Pro Bowls earned by a father son team with 12. They trail only the Mannings with 16. Slater was the slight, asthmatic kid with the thick glasses who everyone told would never amount to anything on a football field.

But he learned a one-of-a-kind work ethic from his dad and never looked back. And Jackie is one proud dad of the player and man his son has become. Take the time and read this one…it is well worth it.
Obscure stat of the day goes to Ryan Hannable of WEEI who found that when an opponent in the playoffs scores 19+ points, Peyton Manning’s record is 3-12.
Here's for hoping 27+ points on the #1 D.

I predict several phantom OPI, DPI and holding calls against the Pats if they start to pull ahead. I just don't see Goodell allowing a Pats win here. The Times article probably scared him, I think he'll pull the plug no matter how blatant he has to be.

The pats kryptonite appears to be pressure up the middle. If Stork-Mason-Kline can handle malik jackson-wolfe-williams, then it's HUGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back