PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 49ers @ Cowboys Playoff Thread

Watching the game...
1. Mac J > JAG; Jimmy G is SO non-clutch
2. Watching Dallas & SF coaching buffoonery makes me want to fire the Pats coaching staff less than before I watched this game

The whole scenario with stopping the clock for the measurement and the review gave Dallas an extra 6-7 seconds, possibly more.
And about four inches on the spot. it looked to me like the nose of the ball was at the middle of the yard marker when his knee touched, and they spotted it at the very edge. The chain was at the middle.

Cowboys respond to moronic San Francisco QB play (failure to wait for the line to set) with moronic play of their own. What a joke of an ending. Football can be fun. And for us Patriots fans, schadenfreude is all we have left.

Anyone know someone that takes these games very seriously?

I have a 49ers fan friend that used to order his wife to leave the room with his young son or take him somewhere. He hates talking to people during the games and paced around the house. This was when the 9ers had their run starting in 2011. Hes been waiting so long for the 9ers to be good so nobody was going to ruin his time watching. The interactions between he and his wife were entertaining.

And about four inches on the spot. it looked to me like the nose of the ball was at the middle of the yard marker when his knee touched, and they spotted it at the very edge. The chain was at the middle.
The idea you could respot the ball 6 inches was laughable. The video is not that clear. Should have left it and avoided the whole clown show

Watching the game...
2. Watching Dallas & SF coaching buffoonery makes me want to fire the Pats coaching staff less than before I watched this game
Did you watch Jimmy G vs the Rams??

mac hasn’t shown me he is clutch at all. Jimmy is not elite he is good for a **** play a game but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get SF to the NFCCG

Watching the game...
1. Sorry, but professional NFL expert analysts disagree with you.

2. Yup, every time I wonder if the game’s passed BB by and his schemes are outdated, I watch another game and then thank my lucky stars that BB still wants to coach here.

What I wanna know is who thought it was a good plan to Tony Mr. Cowboy be the broadcaster for that game.

Did you watch Jimmy G vs the Rams??

mac hasn’t shown me he is clutch at all. Jimmy is not elite he is good for a **** play a game but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get SF to the NFCCG
I like Jimmy G, I really do….. but he choked in the 4th quarter against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, wasn’t trusted to do virtually anything in the playoffs that led up to it, and then nearly choked this game away. He has a history. As a player he has too much Tony Romo in him, both the good and the bad.

What I wanna know is who thought it was a good plan to Tony Mr. Cowboy be the broadcaster for that game.
If it was Fox it would have been Troy Aikman. CBS and Fox lead color guys are both former Cowboy QBs, nothing they can do about that.

I like Jimmy G, I really do….. but he choked in the 4th quarter against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, wasn’t trusted to do virtually anything in the playoffs that led up to it, and then nearly choked this game away. He has a history. As a player he has too much Tony Romo in him, both the good and the bad.

i know what you mean. I don’t love nor loathe Jimmy and yes he came up short against the Chiefs and did his share to give up the game today but… I think our offensive production this year would’ve been quite a bit better with Jimmy than Mac. That’s not to say Mac’s potential isn’t better than Jimmy nor is it to say that Mac played bad this year

Jimmy isn’t here but it is fun to speculate. Aside from the injury vs Miami back in 2016 he seemed to get it here. He beat the hyped up Cardinals and then half way into the 2nd quarter vs Miami has 3 td pass and 225+ Yards before going down with the shoulder or collarbone injury or whatever it was. After that he certainly made the “glass” stigma stick. Not going to say he would or would not work of worked out here. He knew the system, knew how to get rid of the ball quick and had a good relationship with McDaniels it seemed. The coaching was different as well as the system. We’ll probably never know but that contract may have been an issue. Almost certainly actually.

I wish him the best. He was just behind the greatest to suit up so we didn’t get to see it through and thats ok. Pats and Brady were able to pull off 2 more Superbowls after that ridiculous suspension. Totally worth it.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back